Breaking Down Again

Listen to Me

 

Hello hello~

I know, I'm a bit late with this update but TADA. here it is.

Enjoy xD

 


 

Chapter 25: Breaking down again.

 

A few months passed.

 

Miyoung still avoided the library. She only went there in a case of emergency and desperation.

Hyoyeon had stopped trying to make Miyoung hang out at her home. But they maintain good bond in school.

Miyoung had learned to walk home with Jonghyun and Minho again without feeling awkward.

As for Jinki, Miyoung had learned to avoid him in any way possible, even when he already saw her.

 

On the first semester break, Jonghyun planned a get together. Miyoung was forced to join no matter how hard she protested. Of course, Minho and Hyoyeon were going to be there and Jinki with his Soojin were invited too. Miyoung didn’t know what Jonghyun’s motive was but she would not forgive him. Ever.

 

“I know you may think that I’m being inhuman or insensitive but I promised I’ll help you, right? This will help you move on faster. You’ll thank me later,” Jonghyun explained when they were leaving the house.

“Besides, you won’t even feel left out. We’re all in pairs,” Jonghyun wrapped his hand around Miyoung shoulder.

“Whatever,” she hit him in the ribs with her elbow and waved ‘hi’ to Minho and Hyoyeon who were waiting by the Choi’s gates to walk together to the bus stop.

“We’ll meet Jinki there,” Minho announced. He was looking at Miyoung as he said that for whatever reaction she would have but Miyoung kept a straight face. Minho and Hyoyeon exchanged look. Both knew Miyoung was just putting a strong front.

“Alright, let’s go then,” Jonghyun clapped his hands excitedly and off they went to the bus stop that would take them to the City Mall.

 

When they arrived at the City Mall, Jinki was already there by the main entrance with Soojin. Miyoung tried her hardest not to make eye contact with him but failed at the first try. Jinki was already staring at her when she looked at him.

She felt like running but felt Jonghyun held her hand tighter as if telling her to be strong. She squeezed his hand once to tell him that she shall try and be strong too.

After a quick exchanged of ‘Hi’, they decided to stop by the nearest drink stall and bought some drinks for them to carry while strolling around the mall.

Miyoung felt awkward. Not because she wasn’t trying to have fun like the rest of them. It was because everybody else was awkward around her in the first place;

Minho and Hyoyeon were both cautious around her. They were scared Miyoung might lose it and walked out on them at any second.

Although he kept on talking to keep the mood going, Jonghyun kept a protective arm around Miyoung (making her feel suffocating), as if that would help with her heavy heart.

And then there was Soojin. Either Miyoung had paranoia issue or that woman had insecurity issue. She kept glaring at Miyoung like there was no tomorrow. Jinki must’ve told her about who Miyoung was to him.

 

After about an hour of aimless stroll around the mall, they decided to break up and go about their own business. Miyoung felt so much relief. The two couple went on their way to wherever while Jonghyun was stuck with Miyoung. But that only lasted for a few minutes.

“Mimi, you don’t mind if I go and check out my girlfriend for awhile, do you? She works at the Etude House,” Jonghyun was making his puppy look. Miyoung rolled her eyes and said, ‘I knew it’.

Miyoung just indicated him to go and shook her head as Jonghyun giddily left her and ran towards the Etude House direction.

 

Now that she was alone, Miyoung knew the one place where people wouldn’t dub her weird for being alone; a bookstore. She went to the 7th floor after searching for the whereabouts of the bookstore on the information board.

 

As soon as she entered the place, Miyoung felt a twinge in her heart. She was reminded of the small bookstore of the Lee’s. She hadn’t step into that place ever since she gave up on Jinki.

Miyoung pulled herself together in no time and walked towards the Fiction Section.

Miyoung smiled at the perfectly stacked books. She ran her fingers along the spines and picked a random book. When she turned the book to read the synopsis at the back, Miyoung let out a tiny scuff; she just picked a book about heartache. How Ironic.

She kept it anyway, walked to the nearest stool, sat down and started reading.

 

Miyoung wasn’t reading long when someone spoke to her. She knew that voice in a heartbeat.

 

“I see you’re still into books,” Jinki said.

 

Miyoung snapped her book shut, put it aside and left.

 

“So you wouldn’t even look at me now?” Jinki was following her outside the store. Miyoung had her forehead creased. She was confused. Miyoung avoided him so that he wouldn’t have to hate her some more. Miyoung was making it easy for him. Miyoung was doing what she thought would ease the hatred that Jinki felt towards her. So shouldn’t she be the one asking him that?

 

Miyoung didn’t know how or what to think at that point. She wasn’t even sure how to feel. She aimed straight for the elevator, pressing down. Clearly she just wanted to run away.

 

“You know you didn’t even try that hard to explain to me about what had happened,”

 

Miyoung turned around to see Jinki with his solemn face. How could he? She tried for so many times to explain what was really going on. She was ready to confess everything to him. He didn’t even bother to give her a chance. How could he say that she didn’t try hard enough to explain to him?

 

“I did. You refused to listen to me,” Miyoung said instead as she continue to stab the elevator button, as if by doing so it would make the thing move any faster.

 

“Well, you could’ve have tried harder,” Jinki said in a small voice. Even in the smallest measurement, Miyoung could hear the anger in his tone. As if challenging her or something.

 

Before she could stop herself, Miyoung let out a sarcastic laugh. Yes, she could have. Eventhough she knew she deserved his cold treatment because it was her fault, if he could’ve given her the chance, she could. But he didn’t. If not, they would be here, having this stupid argument about how Miyoung could’ve tried harder.

 

Without even bother responding to him, Miyoung marched to the nearby emergency exit and climbed down the stairs in a hurry.

Miyoung’s vision blurred and when she blinked, she felt tears ran down her cheek. She wiped them away but it was useless. They kept on falling and gasp of breathe escaped as she began to sob.

When she finally made it out of the mall, Miyoung pulled her hoodie over head and tried to cover her face too. The weather became ten times colder than it was when they first arrived.

She was supposed to head for the nearest bus stop but seeing how there were a lot of people around and she was still sobbing, without thinking much, her feet brought her to the less crowded street.

 

“Hey stop,” she felt her arm being grasped and she was spun around before she could defend herself. It was Jinki. Miyoung hadn’t the chance to wipe her tears away.

 

“Where are you go- hey,” His tone became soft when he saw Miyoung’s tear stained face.

 

Miyoung wiped her face with her sleeve but there was nothing she could do to hide her continuous sobbing.

 

“Hey, I was just-” Jinki was probably trying to say that he didn’t mean what he say earlier but Miyoung cut him off.

 

“I know. It was my fault and I am remorseful. So, it would be nice if you stop rubbing it in,” the tears began to fall again.

 

“That wasn’t my intention. I swear-” Jinki tried to say but Miyoung stopped him. again.

“You wana why I didn’t try hard enough?” Miyoung dared herself to look Jinki in the eyes. She didn’t wait for his replied and continue, “It was because I had enough chasing someone who doesn’t want me”

 

The last few words came out as a whisper. Miyoung tore her gaze away and turned her back at Jinki. “I’m done being that kind of person,” Miyoung said one last time before walking away.

 

Jinki stood there, numb. He blinked a few times trying to process everything that just happened. When Miyoung was no longer can be seen, Jinki said to himself, “but it seems like you have stop being yourself too”.

 

))))


How was it? Ok? Let me know via the comment box below.

I think there are a few more chapters left for this story. I've drafted them out already. they all just need a MAJOR editing before I can post them here. ehehe

So, please look forward to those updates.

Thank you for reading this far. it means the world to me. xD

until next time.

Annyeong~~ *waves*