Heartache

Listen to Me

Chapter 2: Heartache

 

As soon as they got home, Miyoung quickly went up to her room and shut the door. She flopped herself on her bed. Her school bag was thrown hastily to the floor. She let out a heavy sigh and covered her face with a pillow. She wanted to scream but she was running out of energy.

Miyoung let out a sigh again and lay on her chest. The pillow was still covering her head.

She was just not sure why she had to feel like this. It had been a month since Miyoung and Minho broke up. It was on ‘mutual’ agreement, even. Minho said he still doesn’t feel the same after 3 months of dating. Miyoung let out a loud snort.

Like I was forcing him to, she thought menacingly.

It was Miyoung who asked Minho to be her boyfriend 3 months ago but the guy agreed to it eventhough at that time she knew he didn't feel the same way. He probably thought that by just going with the flow, he’d be able to return her feelings. Miyoung was sure that Minho's feelings would eventually grow for her but after three months, her hope crashed and burned.

Miyoung pfft-ed. She felt stupid. Where’re her dignity and pride now?

 

Knock, Knock.

 

There was a knock on the door and Miyoung lifted her head a little.

 

“What?” She called out. A click on the door told her that someone was opening her door.

 

“You ok?” Jonghyun’s voice rang. Miyoung rolled her eyes and buried her head back on the bed.

“I saw your face at the shop,”

 

Miyoung felt a little pressure on the foot of her bed. Jonghyun had sat himself there.

 

“Shut up,” She muttered, trying to ignore Jonghyun’s existent.

 

“He said it’s about time you two talk to each other,” Jonghyun was poking Miyoung’s leg as he said the last four words.

 

Miyoung frowned. She turned around and sat up straight.

 

“We talk. All the time,” she said indignantly.

 

The Kims and Chois were neighbors, it was hard not to talk to with each other.  Miyoung knew Jonghyun was right though. She had been avoiding Minho since the break up. When they made eye contact when walking out of the house at the same time, Miyoung would smile and quickly looked away. She would look elsewhere until Jonghyun walked out of the house and the three of them would walk together to the bus stop. Lucky for Miyoung, Jonghyun was a talkative person. So, in most of their journey, Miyoung would just have to nod, smile and laugh whenever necessary without making any effort to start a conversation with Minho.

Not that she wanted to.

Her ego was bruised and she wondered how she can regain back her pride and dignity when Minho dumped her last month.

 

Jonghyun laughed sarcastically. “Right, like, really?”

 

Miyoung sighed irritatedly and glared at Jonghyun. Jonghyun mimicked her sigh and put both his hands up, surrendering.

 

“You can just ask me to punch him in the face, you know that, right?” Jonghyun got up from the bed, making his way to the door.

 

Miyoung could not help but smile when she heard what Jonghyun said. Jonghyun had been neutral about the whole thing and hearing him said that made her feel like he was actually care, like any normal brother would.

 

“I know. but he’s your besfriend,” Miyoung said with a shrug. She was picking up some loose threats on her pillow-case.

 

“Well, you’ll always come first,” Jonghyun gave her a two finger salute and left.

 

Miyoung released a very long sigh as she hugged her pillow tightly. As much as she hated Minho for breaking her heart like that, she kept hoping that, if she acted like it was nothing, Minho would finally realize that he actually like Miyoung. More than friendly.

)))


annyeong..

I know it's short but i need to keep this going or I'll never post another thing.. :S

I will try and post another chapter tomorrow..or soon..

let me know what you think, yeah? Constructive critism is always welcome. xD

thank you to my first few subscribers (you have no idea how you've made my day xD); MonsterMonsteur, richelleadriana, luckystarzx, damsel6533, zoeystar, Iheartlife, missAminor, nadyuchun, and lilosuitehart .

THANK YOU!

p/s: silent readers are encourage to subscribe and to leave a comment or two ;D