Took a Chance Part 1

Listen to Me

Chapter 12: Took a Chance part 1

 

 

One Saturday morning, Miyoung was awoken by some annoying knocks on her door. Miyoung climbed off her bed and snappily opened the door.

“What?!” and she was taken aback when she saw Jonghyun’s serious face. “What?” she asked again in a softer tone.

“Why is Minho looking for you?” Jonghyun asked, his voice was so solemn.

“Minho is looking for me? Is he downstairs?” Miyoung was smoothing down her hair and tying them up into a pony tail.

“He is and you did not answer my question,” Jonghyun said, clearly not so happy about the situation.

Miyoung ran back into her room, checked her reflection in the mirror and rushed pass Jonghyun to get downstairs. Jonghyun tailed her.

“Hi, Minho. Jonghyun said you were looking for me?” Miyoung asked as soon as she opened the front door and saw Minho there. So much for not throwing herself at Minho.

Minho’s immediate answer was with a laugh.

“Morning to you too, Miyoung,” Minho looked at Miyoung for a second before switching his glance to Jonghyun, who stood right behind Miyoung, not wanting to miss anything out. “Do you mind?”

“Of course, I mind,” Jonghyun said, standing his ground.

Miyoung rolled her eyes and shove Jonghyun away before she stepped outside the house and closed the door behind her.

“Sorry about that. You were saying?” Miyoung said to Minho.

“You never were one to beat around the bushes,” Minho chuckled.

“I’m allergic to bushes,” Miyoung said earning another laugh from Minho.

“Do you have plans for today? You wana hang out?” Minho finally asked, looking hopeful at Miyoung.

“Erm..” Miyoung paused.

Jinki had planned for them today. Miyoung should tell Minho ‘yes, I already have plans for today’ but instead she said, “No, I have no plan. What time?”

Her heart was telling her that this is a very bad idea but her mind kept reminding her about ‘the one’. Minho could be the one.

 

“Now?” Minho looked guilty. Miyoung looked down at herself and remembered that she literally just got off the bed.

“Oh. Ok, do you mind waiting a little longer?” Miyoung pointed to herself in her pj.

Minho nodded understandingly, “Yeah, sure”.

 

Just as Minho turned around to leave, Miyoung stopped him. “Wait. Why are you leaving? You can wait inside my house,” Miyoung pointed with her thumb towards her back.

“Yeaahh. Your brother’s gonna be very welcoming,” Minho leaned sideways and looked at the living room window.

Miyoung looked at that direction too; Jonghyun’s face was there, giving a deadly glare at Minho.

“Hmm.. good point. I call you you later?” Miyoung finally agreed. Minho gave a nod and raised his hand towards Jonghyun. Jonghyun continued to glare at him. Miyoung rolled her eyes one more time before stepping back into her house.

 

“What he say? What he want?” Jonghyun asked. Miyoung ignored him and walked upstairs. Jonghyun followed her anyways.

“Seriously, what did Minho say?” Jonghyun insisted and made Miyoung turned around.

“Jongie, he just wanted to hang out. No need to be so worked up about it,” Miyoung said pulling her arm away from Jonghyun’s tight grip.

“You know how I feel about this,” Jonghyun was almost exasperatedly.

 

Miyoung let out a sigh. She put both her hands on his shoulder and calmly said, “Jongie, chill. We’re just gona hang out, ok? If it’ll ease your mind, I’ll text you of all the places that we’ll be going to”.

 

 Jonghyun let out a sigh too. Seeing as he wouldn’t be able to stop her, the least he could do is trust her.

“Fine. But if you fall back to him, Mimi. I…well let’s just say my friendship with Minho is over,” there was a hint of hesitation in his voice and Miyoung knew Jonghyun didn’t quite mean what he just said. Yes, he might punch the light out of Minho but they’d still gonna be bestfriend. After a few months of calming down.

 

Miyoung watched Jonghyun retrieved back downstairs and she made her way to her bedroom to give a text to Jinki.

 

Jinki-ya. Are you awake already? She texted. While waiting for his reply, she did her morning routine; washing her face, brushing her teeth.

When Jinki still didn’t reply after a few more minutes, Miyoung concluded that he was still a sleep and decided to take a shower.

 

When she finished her shower, her phone boomed non-stop.

 

Yes, I am now.

Yuhuu, MingMing.

Yah! Why are you not replying back?

 

Miyoung laughed and texted back, I was in the shower, you goof.

 

Finally. What’s up, my Mingyoung? Can’t wait to see me?^^,

 

Miyoung had given up correcting her name to Jinki a while ago. She felt that it was a lose lose situation; it was either he called her Mingyoung or he’d start calling her with pet names she did not adore.

 

Miyoung rolled her eyes again but felt guilty just as fast because she was about to cancel her date with Jinki.

 

About today. I don’t think I can make it. Jonghyun is being suspicious. Like, super serious. Miyoung closed her eyes and exhale as she pressed the sent button.

 

Oh. Too bad. I guess I just have to see you tomorrow?

 

Miyoung felt guilty-er. She could just hear Jinki’s disappointment thru his text. They hadn’t seen each other for over a week and cancelling this date definitely broke his heart.

 

Yes. I promise we’ll date tomorrow. Ok? I’m sorry about today. Miyoung bit her lip.

 

OK.I miss you. Came Jinki’s reply.

 

I miss you too. And she wasn’t lying. She missed Jinki so much that she felt like she wanted to cancel hanging out with Minho and just go out with Jinki just as they had planned but she was determined not to go back on her words. So, she pushed the feeling aside and get ready to go out with Minho.

))))

 


 

Tada. Chapter 12.

I would like to thank my recent subscribers: rachanasapre, Charlottelim, thenameIloveOnew and Achailee. THANK YOU so much for subscribing guys. you made my day.

n to you silent readers, thank you as well.

leaving a comment would be nice too. hehe

thank you thank you.

 

p/s: yesterday was Onew's Birthday. Happy belated Birthday Onew. xD