Mommy, it hurts.

Listen to Me

Hi all.

I am late again with my update. hehe sorry.

been editing my 3 paged draft into 12 paged story since 4pm till now 10:41pm (and still counting).

WAHHHH! I'm so proud of myself! like, whaaaaaa. I can not believe it.

and I am confident in announcing once again that this story is nearing the end. I'm still indecisive over how i should end it; happy or neutral?

Decision. Decision.

but let's not worry about that now.

Enjoy this chapter everyone.

(I might even do a double update keke)

 


 

Chapter 28: Mommy, it hurts.

 

The next school day was a little tougher.

 

Jinki decided to just pop up everywhere Miyoung went; the hallway, the cafeteria, outside Miyoung’s lecture hall, and even outside the washroom.

 

He’s a tat bit persistent today, isn’t he?

 

He didn’t do or say anything though. He was just there for a moment, looking at her as if daring her to make the first move then left.

 

Or it was more like; Miyoung ignored and left him there. Miyoung knew he was just picking up a fight with her and Miyoung would not be giving him the reason to.

 

Towards the end of the day, Miyoung was exhausted. Both mentally and physically. She was mentally consulting herself to stay strong while her body was just in a rush for the whole day; rushing everywhere so there would be a distance between her and Jinki.

 

Miyoung walked towards the Botanist Garden to relax for a moment. Normally, there’d be still passersby around that area but at this hour, the place was completely deserted.

 

Miyoung picked her usually bench and put her stuff on it before sitting down on the ground. The weather was fine and she liked that the little bit of sun rays hitting her skin. She had a little fever after the dumpster incident, so the sun warmed her up.

 

Miyoung wondered what Jinki really wanted. Why he kept popping up around her today? If wanting Miyoung to admit her mistake was not what he wanted to hear, then what is it?

 

Miyoung recalled what happened the first time they talked to each other after they broke up. He seemed almost forgiving at the time. She was crying and he was almost consulted her not to cry anymore like he often did when they were together.

 And then last Saturday happened. He was…mean. It seemed like he was bracing himself too. Maybe he thought Miyoung showing her pathetic-self was just an act and he won’t fall for it. He looked like he wanted to convey something to her but got too angry to say the very thing he wanted to say.

And Miyoung got too weak to wait for him to. She didn’t think she could handle it anyway.

‘If I knew things would turned out this way I wouldn’t have ask for a chance to be with you in the first place’ he said. Miyoung couldn’t even handle that.

 

Miyoung’s vision became blurry and she quickly dabbed her sleeve on her eyes to prevent the tears from sliding down her cheek. Enough with the tears she pleaded.

 

Miyoung was startled when she heard a sudden noise. It sounded like music. Miyoung stood up and was surprised seeing Jinki standing on the other side of the flower bush that was separating them.

Jinki raised his hand and Miyoung finally understood the moment Jinki put something to his ear. The music came from his phone.

“I call you back,” was what he said before he put his hand down again. He was looking at her the whole time.

 

As if in trance, Miyoung shook her head to get out of it and as always, quickly gathered her stuff and leave.

 

“Miyoung, please wait,” Jinki called out as Miyoung was leaving.

 

Miyoung stopped on her track. There it was again. The gentleness in his voice. It made Miyoung’s little heart shattered again. She knew it won’t last.

 

Miyoung pulled all her strength not to break down right then and there and turned to face Jinki, who had made his way closer to her.

 

“Seriously, what do you want to hear from me?” Miyoung asked before Jinki could say another word.

 

“What do you mean?” he asked making Miyoung felt stupid.

 

“I told you, I admit that I was wrong. But you said that was not what you wanted to hear. So, what is it that you wanted to hear from me?” Miyoung asked again.

 

“You never said you were sorry,” Jinki replied. Miyoung had to laugh.

 

“Wow,” she said as she continued to laugh. Here she was, remorseful over what she did, feeling like she was dying over her heartbreak, and Jinki wanted her to say ‘I’m sorry’? Hadn’t she showed just how sorry she was towards him?

 

“Please stop,” Jinki sternly said. Miyoung looked at him, let out a chuckled before she finally composed herself to be serious once again.

 

“I’m sorry, Lee Jinki. I can’t help but laugh at your request. Seriously? That’s it?” Miyoung asked him, forehead creased.

 

“What?” Jinki had his serious face on but Miyoung wasn’t as scared as she used to.

 

She was rather very angry at that moment.

She felt very stupid.

Showing her sorrowful side wasn’t enough to show people just how sorry she was.

And now she had to say it out loud just to satisfy Jinki’s manly ego?

 

Miyoung closed her eyes, took a deep breath, exhale and opened her eyes again. Jinki was still looking at her, unflinching.

 

“Clearly, my actions didn’t speak louder than my words. So, from the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry, Lee Jinki. I’m sorry for hurting you the way I did. Yes, I do care about your feelings but I guess I’m just a stupid girl, too greedy to have what she wants than to think about other people’s feelings. For that, I really am sorry,” Miyoung through greeted teeth.

 

Jinki straight face turned soft for a moment but Miyoung didn’t stay long to observe. She turned around just as she felt a tear ran down her cheek.

 

))))

 

“You will open this door, Mimi,” Jonghyun was banging on her locked bedroom door for the third time now.

“Just leave me alone,” She said, too tired to shout.

She had laid flat on her stomach on her carpeted bedroom floor. It soothed her. Her face was facing the window. She watched as the sky outside turned dark.

“I swear I’m gona break down this door if you don’t open it,” Jonghyun threatened.

“Whatever,” she said, still looking out the window unblinking.

 

“What happened?” came Mrs. Kim voice. Miyoung drew a breath. To be in her mom’s loving arm would be nice at the time like this.

But she was too weak to bring herself up. Laying down here is just as nice.

“Go get the master keys,” Mrs. Kim said and she felt Jonghyun’s little run on her cheek.

 

“Miyoung, honey? Can you hear me?” Mrs. Kim voice was gentle. “We’re going to unlock this door, ok?”

 

Miyoung nodded even when she knew they couldn’t see her. Miyoung didn’t want her family to see her like this but she refused to move from her spot.

 

There was a series of clicking, clanking and chinking before the door burst open with Jonghyun in the lead. Looking all dramatic.

 

 “Oh, my baby, what is the matter? Why are you like this?” and before Miyoung could pulled herself up, just to prove to them that she was alright, Mrs. Kim was cradling her.

 

“Mom, I’m fine. Just, calm down,” Miyoung said, pushing herself away from her mom’s embrace.

 

“I thought we lost you,” Mrs. Kim continued to say. Ok, that’s it.

 

“Mom, I wasn’t suicidal. I just felt like lying on the floor. It’s calming,” Miyoung looked at Jonghyun for help but Jonghyun was having tears in his eyes too.

“What are you crying for? I’m fine,” she started to feel annoyed.

 

“Is it that Jinki boy again? Tell mommy. Mommy will deal with him,” Mrs. Kim said being all gangster-like and had Miyoung frowned in confusion.

“How did you – ” and one look at Jonghyun, Miyoung needed not to finish her sentence, “Mom, chill. I can handle it”

 

And that must’ve hit something in Mrs. Kim. Coz, boy, Miyoung had never hear her rage/lecture her like that.

 

“Obviously, you can’t. coz if you could, you wouldn’t be lying there on the floor, lifelessly. Or locking yourself in your rooms for that matter. Just becoz I’m hardly around doesn’t mean I don’t care. I care a lot about you. Your brother cares about you too. Why do you think I came home early today? It was because of you. Jonghyun said you were crying again today. Do you know how many times I’ve heard about you crying? Countless time. I can’t stand it anymore. What did that Jinki boy do to you that you have to cry like that?”

 

Miyoung blinked at her mom, lost for words. Jonghyun had taken the seat next to her on the floor while Mrs. Kim was doing her ‘speech’.

Miyoung turned to Jonghyun who shrugged back at her.

Miyoung turned her head back to her mom. She was feeling so tired again.

How was she supposed to tell her mom that Jinki broke her heart?

What could Mrs. Kim possibly do to Jinki for breaking her daughter’s heart?

And how childish this would sound?

 

“I’m sorry I made you guys worried over me. I’m just, tired. I’ll be better tomorrow,” Miyoung said instead and made Jonghyun sigh.

 

“Ok. Fine. If you don’t wana tell me,” Mrs. Kim was being dramatic about this.

 

“Mom, I know oppa told you everything. There’s nothing more to tell,” Miyoung said in a -.- face.

 

Mrs. Kim cleared and composed herself, “Yes, I know but you know you can tell me anything, right?”

 

“Yes, mommy. I know,” Miyoung smiled at her mother to assure her.

 

Then Mrs. Kim kneeled down in front of her, cupping her face. “When you were little, you hardly ever cried. You’d rather just sit there quietly than to cry when something didn’t go your way. So, forgive me if I’m over reacting now. I’m not used to seeing you like this. It’s heartbreaking,” and she had tears in her eyes as she said that.

 

Miyoung broke down seeing her mom like that. She then hugged her mom for her dear life and sobbed her heart out.

 

“I’m so sorry,” she said between her sobs. Jonghyun had engulfed them in a group hug and was shedding tears too.

 

They stayed like that for a while longer before finally pulling away from each other and calmed themselves down.

 

Miyoung slowly explained the whole situation to her mom about what was going on from her point view. She even told her about those three times when Jinki confronted her.

 

“He just wanted you to apologize to him directly, instead of shunting yourself away from him. He understood your action, just, he wanted to believe that you didn’t just doing it for the fun of it. He wanted to believe in you. In your feelings towards him, that you feel the same way he did. It’s all he wanted,” Mrs. Kim consulted, rubbing her back.

 

Miyoung just nodded. Miyoung and Mrs. Kim were still on the floor, seating crossed leg while Jonghyun was making himself comfortable on Miyoung’s bed.

 

“But isn’t he too much? I admitted that I was wrong,” Miyoung said pulling the hem of her shirt.

 

“He already knew you were wrong. He just wanted to hear it from your mouth that you are sorry,” Mrs. Kim said.

 

“So, what now?” Jonghyun suddenly asked.

 

“What do you mean?” Mrs. Kim asked.

 

“Are you guys gona be ok? Can he come over to again? Or do we have to act like we’re walking on egg shell whenever you two are in the same room?”

 

“Well, I’ve said my sorry. If he continued to nag me, you are welcome to punch him in the face,” Miyoung said and Mrs. Kim gasped.

 

“I did not teach you guys to be violence,” Mrs. Kim had her hand on her chest.

 

“But a moment ago you said you’re going to deal with him,” Miyoung cried in defense.

 

“That was different. I’m a mother,” Mrs. Kim countered.

 

“And this is my problem!” Miyoung said back.

 

“If I hear from anyone that my kids acted brutally, you are both grounded,” Mrs. Kim said with finality.

 

“Mommy, we’re in college now. Grounding us won’t do any good,” Miyoung laughed.

 

Mrs. Kim laughed along after a moment, realizing the truth in Miyoung’s word.

 

As for Jonghyun, he was taking what Miyoung said about punching Jinki in the face, a little too seriously.

 

))))


 

 

Feedbacks are loved . xD