The Last of the Dreams

Our Difference is now the Same!

 

She can feel the car moving. She can still feel the presence of Jonghun’s broken heart. She can’t pull herself together to open her heavy eye lids. She wanted to stay awake to spend the last moments she could with Jonghun, but it seemed like her dreams wouldn’t allow her.

-

Sunny twirled the golden rose around her finger, “So wait. You’re saying that I created this beautiful thing?”

Twin Sungmin nodded.

“You got your memories back, how come you can’t remember that you created it?” Twin Sungmin joked.  Sunny rolled her eyes, “You don’t expect me to remember things  years ago, do you?”

Twin Sungmin shrugged with a playful smirk. Sunny looked at Twin Sungmin and suddenly stared into his eyes.

“What is it?” Twin Sungmin asked touching his face. “Do I have something on my face?”

“Your eyes…There are back to normal...” Sunny said.  Twin Sungmin just nodded and walked ahead of her.

He saw a black stiletto in the corridor. His eye brow furrowed, ‘What is she doing?’

Twin Sungmin took out a white gem from his pocket and threw it at the ground. The gem shattered, but a maid appeared. “Please dress her for this night occasion.”

The maid nodded obediently and led Sunny away. Once Sunny was out of the way, Twin Sungmin walked towards the stiletto.

“What are you doing?” Twin Sungmin sneered. The stiletto step out of her hiding spot and showed her face. “I should ask you the same thing,” Twin Sunny asked.

Twin Sungmin looked at her with a hateful glare. “You’re teaming up with the wrong person,” Twin Sunny said. Twin Sungmin could clearly hear the spiteful feeling she has in her words.

“I’m trying to make up this land back to the way it was,” Twin Sungmin said. “SHE’S THE ONE THAT IS CAUSING THIS LAND TO EXPLODE!” Twin Sunny yelled. “If she never appeared in Sungmin’s life or even made those dumb choices then we wouldn’t be here in this position. If she just choose Sungmin in the first place and not Jonghun then our life would not be ending.”

Twin Sungmin shook his head at Twin Sunny, “If it wasn’t for Jonghun, then we wouldn’t even be born from the start. Fate is fate. We can’t control what happens. You should’ve knew from the start that we would die sooner or later.”

Twin Sungmin turned away from her and walked down the other corridor. He stopped, without looking at her he said, “Don’t you dare try hurting her.”

With those words, he continued to walk. Twin Sunny bawled her fist. ‘We’ll see who gets hurt.’

-

Sunny looked in the long mirror. She was in a white ball gown. Her short blonde hair was now long and wavy. There was a white slivery snow pin pinning the right of her hair to the side.

“Why am I in this outfit?”  Sunny asked the maid. The maid replied back in a soft soft, “Tonight is the last banquet Sir Twin Sungmin will be holding. You’re his date for the night.”

‘Banquet…Almost like the banquet and prom in real life…’ Sunny said as she admired the dress.

“Please head this way my lady,” The maid said. Sunny followed the maid out into the corridors. She was stopped in front of two massive huge wood doors engraved with delicate designs.

The maid nodded one last time and disappeared into thin air. Sunny eyes widen from the quick disappearance.

The sounds of horns caught her back on track. She heard a loud voice announcing of someone.

“Now may I introduce you Queen Sunny.”

The brown door opened to reveal a beautiful ball room full of people of all fairy tale kind. Sunny stood there clueless as everyone looked at her. Everyone started to admire her beauty then started to cheer for her.

 Twin Sungmin walked up the stair case towards Sunny. He bowed like a gentlemen and offered her his hand. Gratefully, she took it and walked down the steps.

Everyone went back to dancing or chattering. “Sunny!” The familiar voice yelled. Sunny quickly looked to her right and found him. She ran towards Joongki and engulfed him with her hug.

“How could you leave me like that?!” Sunny hit his chest. She kept hitting his chest with a feeling as if she was about to cry. Joongki softly smile and grabbed both of her hand. “I’m sorry.”

“Put your mask back on you stupid creature,” Sunny pouted. Joongki laughed and hugged her, “I had to do what was best for you…”

A cough interrupted their reunion.  Joongki looked up and instantly his smile fell.

Twin Sungmin put his hands up in surrender. “Tonight no trouble my mate,” Sungmin smirked.

Joongki nodded. “Where is Jonghun?” Sunny asked.

At the name Twin Sungmin winced.

“I don’t know,” Joongki said. “May I ask for a dance?” Joongki asked. Sunny looked at Twin Sungmin. He smiled and nodded. Sunny took Joongki wrist and dragged him to the dance floor.

Twin Sungmin sensed danger and looked up the steps. He found a girl with short blonde hair with an elegant mask on. The dress was exclusively beautiful. Then he found a red knife in her hands. Looking down at …Sunny…

Twin Sungmin walked up the steps carefully. “Put that down.” He could hear the familiar laugh behind the mask. The girl threw her mask on the floor and looked at Twin Sungmin with bloodshot eyes.

Twin Sunny slightly cut her finger so the blood would shed on the knife. Suddenly, the knife turns into a sword. “Don’t stop me.”  

“Stop if you kill her then she will really die in the real world!” Twin Sungmin sneered.  “WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?! DID YOU FORGET ABOUT WHAT SHE DONE TO US? WHAT SHE DONE TO YOU?! SHE TOOK YOU AWAY FROM ME!” Twin Sunny yelled.

She was glad that the music was loud so no one could hear her. Twin Sungmin sighed, “Is this what it’s about? Jealously?”

Twin Sunny gave him one last glare before she descended down the other steps with her beautiful yet dangerous sword. Twin Sungmin ran down the steps and took out the white powder from his pocket and whisper a message into it before it vanished into the air. 

Sunny and Joongki was slow dancing in till Joongki heard a voice whispering into his ears.

‘Twin Sunny is after Sunny, get her out here’

Joongki looked up at the top of the steps to see Twin Sunny coming towards Sunny. Joongki stopped slow dancing and quickly dragged Sunny out the way.

“What’s happening?” Sunny asked. “We have to get you out of here,” Joongki said as he shoved people out of the way.

They ran out to the garden Sunny fixed with Twin Sungmin. Joongki threw a rose petal up into the air and his sword appeared. He shoved Sunny behind him and aimed the tips of the swords at Twin Sunny.

Twin Sunny stopped running and laughed as she looked at the sword that was pointing at .

A hand grabbed Twin Sunny shoulders and threw her into the grass. Sunny eyes widen as she watch Twin Sungmin attempt to kill Twin Sunny.

“NO!” Sunny tried to run over to Twin Sungmin to stop him, but Joongki stopped her. Sunny struggled out of his arms, but she couldn’t get out of his grasp.

She watch Twin Sungmin and Twin Sunny clash swords.

“STOP IT!” Twin Sungmin yelled at her. “I’m not going to stop into she dies,” Twin Sunny sneered.

Twin Sunny took out a knife pocket knife and hid it behind her back. She threw her sword, Twin Sungmin blocked it but he didn’t know the pocket knife came rushing towards him. The pocket knife stabbed him right in the heart.

Sunny eyes widen.

“SUNGMIN!” Sunny ran towards him as she could. Twin Sunny ran towards Sunny with another pocket knife in her hands. Before Twin Sunny could throw the knife at Sunny, Joongki sliced her across the throat.

“Don’t you dare touch her.” Joongki said lowly. He looked out at red rose petal and threw it on Twin Sunny. The body burst into flames.

Sunny sat on her knees beside Twin Sungmin. She held his hands and cried. “Please don’t go, please don’t,” Sunny begged.

Twin Sungmin softly smirked at her, “Live happily in real life, choose wisely about who you love…” With those last words Twin Sungmin eyes closed forever. Sunny bawled into her hands. She felt arms wrapping around her and helped her up from the ground.

“Get away from his body before it burst into flames,” Joongki said quietly.  Sunny hugged Joongki and cried. White flames slowly engulfed Twin Sungmin body. Sunny cried even more.

“Come on…” Joongki took Sunny hand and led her back into the ball room. “Wait…” Sunny stopped in her tracks. “This world is about to die soon, won’t it?” Sunny asked.

Joongki sighed and smiled at Sunny. He nodded. Sunny was lost at words and cried again. Joongki hugged her. “Don’t worry…”

“I won’t be able to see you or Twin Sungmin again, even though the both of you are just in my dreams,” Sunny wrapped her hands tightly around Joongki waist. She didn’t want him to go, not in real life or in dreams.

“Hey hey hey…calm down,” Joongki wiped the tears away with his thumb. “

“We will always be in your heart…Just dream of us and maybe one day we will appear again…” Joongki said.

Everything around Sunny staretd to disappear. “NO NO NO! PLEASE DON’T GO!” Sunny yelled. She held tighter onto Joongki.

“Bye Sunny,” Joongki gave Sunny one last warm smile before he vanished.

“NO!”

 

Sunny sat up straight in her bed. Sweat beads was crawling down her forehead. She looked around her surroundings. ‘Jonghun must have carried me into my room …’

Changmin walked into Sunny room with a huge flower banquet in his hands. “Sunny these are for you,” Changmin set the flower on her desk and walked out her room. He stopped at the door way and looked at Sunny. He smiled at her, “I’m proud of you.”  He walked out her room and closed the door behind him.

Sunny got up and walked over to the desk. The flowers were white and yellow tulips. There was an envelope sticking out. Sunny opened the letter and immediately knew who hand writing it was.

 

Dear Sunny,

I don’t know what to say…The lady made me do this…Maybe I should start from the top…I’m sorry. I know I said it so many times, but this time I really mean it. I know I been a horrible boyfriend to you. It was my entire fault that I caused you to be hurt. I told Eunbi that she needs to stop and everything…I want you to know that I love you from the bottom of my heart. I mean it. I might not act like it, but I do Sunny. I love you so much that it makes me go insane every time I see you with Jonghun. I love you so much that I put myself aside and let you be with Jonghun when I could’ve fought for you. I know that if I left you in his hands then you would have been happier. Don’t worry about me no more, I won’t be in your life for a long time. I’m leaving to Japan today so you don’t have to worry about me hurting you…This is stupid…Why am I writing you this letter? …

 

                                                I love you…

                                                                                    Lee Sungmin