Things Are Coming To An End

Our Difference is now the Same!

 

Sungmin walked into the flower shop and was greeted by an old man around her 50’s.

“Hello, how can I help you young man?” She old man smiled so brightly that it made his heart feel lighter.

“I like to send some flowers…to this girl…” Sungmin said.

“What kind of flowers?” The old women asked. “Good bye flowers…” Sungmin said slowly. The old women eyed Sungmin then tapped her fingers on her lips.

“It’s for someone special. She’s really short, bright, funny, kind, and sweet.” Sungmin chuckled at the thought of Sunny.

The old women could see that he clearly has deep feelings for this girl. But she wondered why she could see hurt in his eyes also. She smiled and looked at Sungmin, “I know the right ones to send to her, but I have one condition…”

Sungmin blinked curiously, “What is it?”

The old lady formed a smirk on her face. She started to whisper in his ears. Sungmin eyes widen, but after a while of convincing he agreed.

She handed him the materials he would need.

-

Jonghun cleaned his guitar and made sure it looked glossy. He set it back down on the guitar stand.

He the T.V and watched the celebrity news.

There was soft knocks on his door. Jonghun got up from bed and walked over to the door. He opened the door to reveal Sunny.

“Sunny…”

“Umm….I was wondering if we could talk.”

Jonghun felt his heart getting heavy. Flash back suddenly filled Jonghun’s mind.

 

“Why did you do this? Why did you help me remember him? When you could’ve let me stay the way I was and love you,” Sunny asked as tears slowly run down her cheeks.

Jonghun took Sunny hand and look into her eyes. He wasn’t sure if he had the strength to leave her or have the will to her. He didn’t want to try. He just wanted to keep her in his arm. But he knew that was wrong. Wrong for keeping her away from her true love.

“Because I can’t keep hiding. No…I can’t keep you from what is real and what is fake.”

“But –“

Jonghun hushed her up with a kiss. Sunny eyes fluttered as he pulled back.

“I enjoyed the time I had with you Sunny. Thank you…” Jonghun kissed her hand and left.

 

“Sure…What is it?”

Deep inside Jonghun was scared of her answer. Scared that she would deny him even more or even say things that would kill him. He just wished she never came and left the way things were.

“You never let me finish talking last time…” Sunny said quietly. Jonghun took his keys from the desk. “Let’s go somewhere else and talk,” He said as he headed toward the door. “Because some people won’t keep their nose out someone business,” Jonghun opened the door to reveal Hongki, Seung Hyun, and Jaejin snooping on his conversation.

“I told them not to!” Min Hwan yelled from the living room.  Jonghun rolled his eyes as he took lead Sunny out the dorm.

He walked to his car and started the engine.

“I –“ Sunny said before she was cut off by Jonghun. “Please don’t say anything right now…not in till we get to our destination…” Jonghun said quietly.

Sunny looked at Jonghun side profile. Hurt was written all over his face. She felt guilty. She knew it was her fault that he was like this.

She leaned back on the seat and kept quiet.

The drive was awhile but they finally reached an abandoned playground. The slide was rusty and broken. The green grass was brown and crippled. The swings looked dangerous.

Sunny watched Jonghun get out the car. She watched him walked over to the swings to sit. Sunny got out the car and walked over to the swing set. She sat on the other swing.

“My mom use to take me to this park all the time when I was little. This is a place where I would always smile and never get sad…But now it’s just a piece of broken crap.” Jonghun sighed as he looked around the park.

Sunny didn’t say a thing. She was too scared to attempt again to bring up the topic.

“What is it?”

Sunny could hear the sudden coldness in his voice. She took a deep breath and looked up into the grey clouds.

“You never gave me a proper answer,” Sunny said with a soft voice. Jonghun looked at her and raised his eye brow. He looked at his feet and chuckled. Sunny stop looking at the clouds and looked at Jonghun.

“What’s so funny?” Sunny asked.

“I had a feeling you was going to ask that,” Jonghun ruffled his disheveled hair.

Sunny looked at him with anxious eyes and waited for his answer.

Jonghun sighed loudly and kicked the dirty beneath his shoe.

“Like I said, I can’t keep you from what is real and fake.”

“I never understood that answer,” Sunny answered.

“Do I have to answer?” Jonghun asked. Sunny poke her inside cheek with her tongue, “Yes!”

Jonghun chuckled at her irritated expression. ‘So cute…’

“How would you feel if someone kept you away from their true love? I did plan to make you fall for me when you lost your memory, but then that guilty feeling came…Hongki told me I couldn’t keep you away from him. That I would only hurt the both of us…Maybe me even more if you remembered and ran away from me…”  Jonghun took another deep breath and continued, “Then I realized that you would never like me from the start. Your eyes only see him. By just one word from him and you would get hurt. I can’t do that…Why? Cause I don’t have that effect like he does on you. I will never…”

Sunny was lost at words. She didn’t know what to say.

“You don’t have to say anything, I don’t want you to cause I’m scared it will be something that will make me fall even deeper for you,” Jonghun said as if he read Sunny’s mind.

“Anyways…Let me take you home before it gets to late…” Jonghun got up and gave Sunny a helping hand.

Sunny looked up into his brown eyes.

She wondered how he did it. How he played out his words so easily with his emotion controlled. She felt like she was going to cry.

Jonghun eyes widen when tears streamed down Sunny’s cheek.

“Sunny –“ Jonghun was cut off by Sunny sudden hug.

“I am sorry that I couldn’t return your feelings,” Sunny mumbled into Jonghun white tee.

“It’s okay,” Jonghun had a small smile on his face as he pat Sunny back.

 

-

 

“I can’t believe you’re going to Japan for a year for that musical,” Kyuhyun helped Sungmin carry his luggage to Eunhyuk’s car.

“Make sure you have your passport with you, your keys, your cell phone, your money, also your ticket,” Leeteuk mentioned to Sungmin.

Heechul rolled his eyes, “Stop acting like a mom. He’s a man. He will be finneeee.” Leetuek ignored Heechul comment and faced Sungmin, “Got everything?”

Sungmin checked his side bag for everything important. He looked back up at Leeteuk and nodded. Ryeowook pulled Sungmin into a hug, “We’re going to miss you! Keep in touch!!”

The rest of the boys joined in for a group hug. Sungmin got into the car and closed the door behind him. He rolled down the window and salute Super Junior goodbye as the car drove to the airport.

Sungmin rolled the tinted window up so no one could spot them while they were on the road.

“Are you planning to tell her?” Eunhyuk asked.

‘Her…He means Sunny…Why should I tell her? She’s happy with Jonghun, I told myself that I would interfere with Sunny personal love life no more.’ Sungmin thought.

He shook his head, “No I’m not planning to tell her. What’s the point of telling her when she don’t remember nothing we has together?”

Eunhyuk shook his head disappointedly, “She still deserve to know.” Sungmin sulked in the seat and said nothing in return.