Remembering Everything

Me with you? (Secret Love Letter)

 

(This is when Soomi was 4 years old and Jinyoung was 6.)

“Soomi! Jinyoung! Come down!” Mom yelled.

I skipped downstairs. “Neh? Mama?” She chuckled.

“Here. I want you to meet someone.” She said. Jinyoung oppa came down.

“Oppa! We’re going to have new chingus!” I said.

He stuck his tongue at me. “As long as their nice.” He said.  I smiled at him.

 “Soomi, Jinyoung, meet Kyumi and Jaehyo.” Mom said.

“Annyeong chingus!” I said. Kyumi looked at me weirdly and walked pasted me.

*She’s mean….* “Don’t worry chingu! Noona’s like that. Let’s go play!” Jaehyo said. He ran inside. 

I smiled. *Jaehyo’s  nice!* I thought.

I saw oppa talking to Kyumi and they look like they were getting along.

“Oppa?” I tugged on his shirt.

He glared at me. “What?”

I whispered to him. “Unnie’s mean.”

He smiled and shook his head. I saw Kyumi glaring at me. I was scared at ran away to Jaehyo.

“Chingu! Let’s play games!” I nodded happily.

“Usually the boys would play and the girls would play. I have a feeling their going to become good friends one day. Or more than that.” Auntie (Jaehyo & Kyumi’s mom)

My mom chuckled. “One day, they’ll be together.” Auntie nodded.

(1 year later)

“Jaehyo Oppa!!!” I screamed.

“Princess!!” He screamed.

We were at a party with my parents and his parents. Jinyoung and Kyumi went inside to play while me and Jaehyo were outside.

“Oppa! Do you know what today is?” He shook his head.

“It’s the day we met!!” I said.

“Really?! It’s been a year!” I nodded happily.

“Princess! Will you marry me?!” He said.

“Oppa! Oppa! I love you!”I said.

We ran to my parents. Hand n hand.

"Umma! Appa! Do you promise to marry oppa and me?" I asked.

They nodded happily. A 7 year-old Jinyoung ran over to me. 

"No! I will be married before you are!" He said. He meronged me.

"No! I love Soomi! I'm her prince charming!" 

“Oppa! Let’s go play!” He nodded.

“What do kids watch these days?” Umma said to Appa and he shrugged.

“Oh! I should bring the kids to the market, right?” Umma asked and Appa nodded.

“Soomi! I’m going to the market with Jinyoung! You wanna come?” I nodded happily.

We were walking to the market. “Mama! I like my prince charming! Don’t you!” I smiled.

She smiled back. We bought carrots, potatoes and corn. “I love corn mama!” She smiled.

“I know sweetheart.” She kissed the top of my head. We walked to the cash register and paid.

I was carrying a box of cookies. Jinyoung oppa was carrying 2 bags while mom was carrying 3.

We walked to the stoplight. I a green light and a countdown from 10.. 9..

“Mama! Let’s go!” I ran across the street.  2.. 1..

There was a red light all of a sudden. I stood there. I wasn’t allowed to walk if it was a red light.

Soomi! GET BACK HERE!!!” My mom yelled and ran towards me and so did the cars. “MAMA!!” The last thing I saw was the flash of lights and something hard hit me and Umma.

I fainted along with mama. Jinyoung oppa ran to the closest police officer and asked for help.

They called an ambulance and we were rushed to the hospital. Appa was at the airport helping Jaehyo’s family onto the plane.

“Uncle. Please tell Soomi I love her and will wait for her.” Appa nodded.

Ring Ring~ Appa’s phone rang. Jaehyo’s family had just stepped into the airplane.

“Excuse me is this Jung Soomin?”

“Neh. This is him.”

“Your wife and daughter are in Seoul hospital. We have your son Jinyoung here waiting for you. APPA!!!”

“Jinyoung! What happened?!”

“Umma.. (sniff) & Soomi (sniff) got hit (sniff) by a c-c(sniff) ar.”

Appa ran out the airport and into his car. He rushed to the hospital.

“Excuse me I’m looking for my wife Jung Jinnie and my daughter Jung Soomi.”

“Jung…Jung..Jung.. Jung Jinnie! They are both in the emergency room right now. Your son is waiting outside the room. The room is down that hallway all the way at the end.”  

“Kamsamida.” Appa said and ran towards the hallway that the nurse pointed to.

Appa saw Jinyoung sitting in a chair sniffling from all his crying. Around him were some grocery bags. Appa’s eyes widened and ran towards Jinyoung.

“Jinyoung!”

Jinyoung looked up. “APPA!” He got up and ran towards Appa. Appa carried Jinyoung and patted him on the shoulder.

“Appa… (sniff) Everything’s going to be okay right?”

“Son.. I’m not going to lie. I don’t know. We should just hope for the best.” Jinyoung nodded.

“Please let Umma make it. Who cares about Soomi!” He yelled. Appa gave him a mad look.

“Jinyoung. Your sister loves you. She cares for you. If you were in there she’ll be wishing for the both of you to make it out. Promise me if Soomi is okay and Umma isn’t you will be the best brother ever and protect her. Because you don’t want Umma to be mad at you.”

Jinyoung thought and nodded. “I’ll protect Soomi with my life. But appa… Where’s Kyumi and her family? Weren’t you with them?”

Appa’s face fell. “Well um.. Son… Kyumi’s family moved to the states. They’ll be back to visit though!”

Jinyoung was on the verge of crying again. His eyes watered up and his lips were trembling.

Appa put him down and patted his head. “Don’t worry. You’ll see her again.”

*S-S-She left me.. I don’t care. I love my sister more than her anyway. I-I-I hate her. I won’t any other girl besides Soomi and Umma.* Jinyoung thought.

Jinyoung started crying. “APPA! KYUMI LEFT ME! SHE SAID WE’LL BE TOGETHER FOREVER! SHE LIED!!” Jinyoung yelled while crying.

Appa wiped the tears from Jinyoung’s face. “Don’t worry son. You’ll see her one day.” Jinyoung continued crying.

“NO! I HATE HER! I DON’T EVER WANT TO SEE HER AGAIN!”Jinyoung screamed.

“It’s okay son.” Appa said and patted Jinyoung’s back. After an hour, Jinyoung calmed down.

A doctor stepped out. “Mr. Jung?”

“Yes?”

“Your daughter is okay she has slight amnesia.”

“What do you mean slight?”

“Well… Your daughter won’t remember your relatives and the past that well. She will only remember the people she is in frequent contact with. For example, she would remember your son but probably not her friends.” Appa sighed.

“Thank you for saving my daughter.” The doctor smiled and then it vanished.

“B-but your wife. Has passed away.” Appa’s eyes widened and tears swelled up into his eyes.

“Appa. ‘Tudge on shirt’ Does that mean she passed away into a different room and we can’t see her?” Appa shook his head.

The doctor kneeled down to Jinyoung and patted his shoulder.

“Mianhae little one. I saved your sister but your mom was too late.” He said.

“Too late what?” Jinyoung asked cluelessly.

“Your umma died.” He said.

“Umma… is..is.. dead?” Jinyoung said. The doctor nodded.

Jinyoung’s waterworks came out again. “Your daughter is in room 103 right now. You could see her.” The doctor said and appa nodded.

Appa walked to room 103 holding Jinyoung in his hand. He saw a nurse helping Soomi. When the nurse looked up.

“Soomin? Jung Soomin?” She said.

“Do I know you?”  Appa said.

“Lee Soyu. Remember?” (Not Sistar’s Soyu!)

“Soyu? Oh! Soyu! It’s been a while huh.” She nodded.

“Is this your daughter?” He nodded.

“She’s beautiful.” She saw Jinyoung in appa’s hands.

“Is this your boy?” Jinyoung glared at her. *If she wants to be my mom. Forget it.* Jinyoung thought.

“Oh? You son is a little scary. Here’s my number we should stay in contact.” She said and handed him a paper. Appa nodded and she walked out.

“Appa who is that?”

Appa sighed. “Appa’s first love.” Jinyoung stared at Appa weirdly.

“That wasn’t Umma?” Appa shook his head.

“She introduced me to Umma.” Appa said. Jinyoung nodded.

“Jinyoung.. I don’t think you should tell Soomi about Jaehyo.”

“Waeyo appa.”

“Because she’ll cry when she knows who he is, and how much he means to her.”

“Neh appa.” Jinyoung said. Appa patted him on the head.

“Umma..?” I said waking up. I sat up and Appa rushed to me.

“Soomi! Who am I?”

I stared at him weirdly. “My appa?”

“Who’s this?” He pulled Jinyoung in front of me. “Oppa.”

“Appa. Where’s Umma?”

“Sweety, what do you last remember?”

“Um..*puts finger on chin* We were going to the market and we got in..a..car..accident..” I said. Tears started forming in my eyes.

“Appa she’s gone huh?” Appa sadly nodded.

“It’s my fault! Why didn’t they take me! UMMA!!!” I cried. I had cried myself to sleep.

I woke up and it was morning. I looked around the room and saw Oppa lying next to me and Appa on the couch.

“Good morning Soomi!” Someone opened the door with a tray of food and some paper work.

“Excuse me… But who are you?” I asked.

“I’m your nurse sweety. Can you wake up your daddy for me?” I nodded and got off the bed. I walked to appa and poked his nose. “Appa?”

“Hmm…?”

“A nurse wants you.” I said. My eyes began to open.

“Morning appa!” I said. He smiled and picked me up.

“How’s my baby girl?”

“I’m going to turn into goo if you don’t let me go.” I said. Appa chuckled and put me down. He sat up.

“Soyu?”

“Neh. Um Can you fill out some paper work?” Appa nodded. The nurse handed him some paper work and a pen.

“Um.. Nurse? Can I eat? I’m hungry!” I said rubbing my belly. She chuckled and nodded.

I woke Jinyoung oppa up and told to him to eat. He sat  up and ate the breakfast with me.

“Thank You nurse!” I said. Jinyoung just scoffed at her. I nudged him. He sighed.

“Thank you..” He said annoyed. *Good enough.* I thought.

Ever since then, the nurse has been talking to Appa a lot.

“Oppa?” I asked Jinyoung.

“Neh?”

“Where is appa and nurse going?”

“On a date probably.”

“He doesn’t miss Umma?” Jinyoung sighed.

“He does. So nurse is cheering him up.”

“OHH~ But why can’t we cheer him up oppa?”

“He needs a girl.” Oppa said. I pouted.

“Am I not a girl?”

“You’re his daughter he needs more than that.” I nodded sadly.

A couple of months later,

“Soomi!!” Jinyoung oppa yelled.

“Neh?”

“I’ve made some new friends!” He said.

“Awesome Oppa! I want to go to school soon…” I pouted.

“It’s okay. You go to school next year! You’ll make lots of new friends. Oh! I’ll introduce mine later k? I want you to meet them!” He said. I smiled and nodded.

I heard someone say. “Her hand moved! Soomi!” *L.Joe?* I started opening my eyes and sat up. I had a huge headache.

“Soomi! Your okay!” Someone said. I looked to my right and saw L, with a bandage on his face.

“I saying that to you! Are you okay?” I said.

“I’m fine! No! I say it to you. You got hit with a flower pot!”

“Mwoh?!”

“Appearently, some of Jaehyo’s friends were playing on the roof. And one of them tripped and knock over a flower pot.”

“JAEHYO!!” I yelled and got out of the bed.

“Wait? Where am I?” I asked.

“A hospital. L.Joe came by earlier but had to leave because of practice.” *I should get used to that. Wait, talent show is next week! Woot!* I thought.

“What day is it today?”

“Friday?”

“What time?”

“1:00?”

“School still in session!” I ran to the door but L caught me.

“Are you okay?”

I nodded. “I need to get to school.” I said.

“Why?” L asked.

“I remember everything. Including Jaehyo.” I said. L’s eyes widened.

“Who is he?!” L said.

“He’s my childhood friend. Who apparently I fell in love with.” I said.

He face changed. “But.. I don’t think I like him that way anymore.” He face lit up.

“Jeongmal?!” I nodded.