Chapter 2

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Good heavens, you are awake now." The lady said as soon as she saw Baekhyun's eyes flustered open. Looking around, Baekhyun knew that what he saw and felt last night wasn't a dream because even when he felt unwanted in his father's company, he still wanted to be home. 

But it was all crushed the moment he looked around and saw an unfamiliar sight before him. 

"How are you feeling?" the lady asked and Baekhyun looked down not knowing what to call the lady, noticing it, the lady smile and took a seat before him at the side of the bed. "Call me Im Sung Ryung." She said and Baekhyun lifted his gaze up, his eyes looking questioningly at the lady. "Ima Sung Ryung?" he repeated. "Yes, Ima Sung Ryung." She said with a smile as she reached out and gently held his bruised cheek. 

"How are you feeling now?" She asked and Baekhyun frowned, the pain was still there. "I know now, why don't you rest first and I will bring the food here." She said and Baekhyun laid down on the bed again. Seeing the woman about to go away, Baekhyun's hand reached out to her wrist and held it tight stopping the lady from leaving. "What is it?" she asked. 

"Thank you.. Ima Sung Ryung." Baekhyun said and the lady smiled as she nodded. 

"Anything to help you." 


Heading downstairs, Sung Ryung saw her husband sitting at the living room with a paper in his hands. Hearing the noise on the other hand, Seung Won looked up and saw his wife standing before him. "Is he awake?" Seung Won asked and Sung Ryung nodded her head. 

"He still weak." Sung Ryung said and Seung Won nodded his head. "I know," he answered, "I've checked the condition of his heart last night too. His heart isn't that weak." Seung Won said and Sung Ryung sighed in relief. "Does that mean you can help him live?" Sung Ryung asked and Seung Won nodded his head. 

"Yes." He answered and his wife smiled. "I'm going to get him some food first. Would you want to see him?" Sung Ryung asked and although still in hesitance, Seung Won nodded his head as he walked upstairs. Arriving at Baekhyun's room, Seung Won knocked on the door before entering. 

Hearing the knock, Baekhyun on the other hand took his gaze off the window and onto the door. Seeing Seung Won enter, Baekhyun can't help but to feel fear again. "How are you feeling now?" Seung Won asked right after he closed the door. "I.." Baekhyun trailed but Seung Won cut him off. 

"We're leaving tonight, you should rest up." Seung Won said and Baekhyun nodded his head. Soon, Sung Ryung came back with a tray of Baekhyun's food in hand. "Are you hungry?" Sung Ryung asked with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head, Seung Won on the other hand observed the two and how close they had gotten over night. 

He thought, maybe taking the kid in won't hurt. 

"You should eat now." Sung Ryung said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he started eating, Sung Ryung on the other hand sat beside Baekhyun and kept on caressing Baekhyun's head. "Seung Won-ah, have you told him that we will leave later?" Sung Ryung asked and her husband nodded his head. 

"I did." Seung Won answered. 

"Ima Sung Ryung, where are we going?" Baekhyun asked and the lady only smiled. "Ima?" Seung Won asked upon hearing what Baekhyun had said. "Yes, I told him to call me Ima." Sung Ryung said with a smile and Seung Won nodded his head. "You call him Abba, alright Baekhyun?" Sung Ryung said and Baekhyun nodded his head without even daring to look into Seung Won's eyes. 

"Yes, Ima." Baekhyun answered and Sung Ryung smiled. 


"Leader."  

The man greeted as soon as Seung Won and his wife entered the warehouse. "Kangta." Seung Won said to the twenty-year old Kangta standing before him. "What took you here?" Kangta asked politely while looking at the unconscious Baekhyun being carried by Seung Won. 

"He needs help." Seung Won said. "Is he human?" Kangta asked and Seung Won glanced at his wife before nodding his head. "We found him unconscious by the port, taken here in  Europe by the seafarers from Korea." Seung Won said and Kangta furrowed his brows. "Why would they take a kid here?" Kangta asked and Seung Won shook his head. 

"It wasn't them that wanted him to be here. It was his father." Seung Won said. "He's abandoned." Sung Ryung added and Kangta frowned. "He's going to die if you keep standing there." Seung Woon continued and Kangta frowned. "He losing a lot of blood because of his wounds. Get the conversion room ready." Seung Won commanded. 

"You're going to.." Kangta trailed. 

"Yes. So get it ready now." Seung Won commanded and Kangta gave him a bow before running towards the conversion room. "Is there something wrong?" A woman, who seemed to be in her twenties asked when Kangta entered the conversion room. 

"The leader and his wife is here, they brought a kid. Come and help me get this room ready Boa." Kangta said and even when she's still in confusion, Boa nodded her head as they set the conversion room. Not long after, the door opened and Seung Won immediately put Baekhyun on the bed before removing his upper clothes. 

"Cut his chest open." Seung Won commanded and Kangta did what Seung Won asked, getting a small knife, Kangta slowly and carefully cut across Baekhyun's chest. "Give me another knife." Seung Won commanded and Kangta nodded his head. Handling Seung Won the knife, Seung Won immediately cut his palm and quickly placed it above the wound on Baekhyun's chest pressing it. 

Boa and Sung Ryung on the other hand watched as blood seeped out of Baekhyun's chest. Sung Ryung, watching this, can't do anything but to put her hands against as she tried her best not to faint right there. Baekhyun's blood dripped down from the bed and to the floor puddling around Seung Won's feet and she can't do anything but to just stand there, she never witnessed a conversion ceremony before even when she and Seung Won got married but seeing it now, Sung Ryung doesn't know what to feel. 

It was fearsome. 

It was nauseating. 

A few moments later, Seung Won removed his hand away from Baekhyun chest and stepped back leaving a trail of Baekhyun's blood on the floor. 

"How is he?" Sung Ryung asked worriedly and Seung Won looked down on his bloody yet healed hands and back to Baekhyun. 

"His heart stopped beating." Seung Won calmly said and Sung Ryung was about to go to Baekhyun when Boa held her arm stopping her from doing so. "Don't worry, milady. The kid's not dead yet." Kangta said and Sung Ryung furrowed her brows. "What.." Sung Ryung trailed and Seung Won stared at Baekhyun. 

Not long after, a gasp was heard and Baekhyun's eyes flustered open. 

Sung Ryung stood there, shocked. 

Slowly, all the wounds and bruises around Baekhyun's body started to heal. Not even that, the wound around his chest started to close too. "Leader." Kangta trailed and Seung Won looked closer to Baekhyun and held him by his shoulders while looking straight into his eyes. 

It wasn't gray and Seung Won knew right at that moment what it meant. 

"You got.. the royal blood." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Of course, Taeyeon's past will be revealed too. 

I remember, thank you for the wonderful comments about Red String of Fate! I am grateful to have everyone here as my readers! *bows* Thank you very much!