Chapter 7

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“Baekhyun, aren't you going to Iris today?” Kangta asked as soon as he entered Baekhyun's room and saw him lying on his bed while staring at the ceiling. Turning his head to the side, Baekhyun sat up and raised his brows not having any idea of what Kangta is talking about. “Is it the opening today?” Baekhyun guessed and Kangta sighed disappointed that Baekhyun forgot one of his responsibilities. 

The leader never taught him that way, but Baekhyun changed. A lot.

“Yes, it's the school's opening and you are expected to be there as the main sponsor.” Kangta said and Baekhyun rose up from his bed and nodded his head as he walked towards his closet, as much as he didn't want to go, it's his responsibility. “Alright, I will head downstairs. Go first and I'll follow hyung.” Baekhyun said and Kangta shook his head. 

“We will go together.” Kangta stated and Baekhyun stopped midway with what he's doing and faced Kangta, a frown visible on his face. “I won't ditch the ceremony. I know I have changed but the things my father told me still stays here, so please trust me with this hyung.” Baekhyun said before resuming back to what he's doing. 

Heaving out a sigh, Kangta walked out of his room and left. 

 

“Oppa, where's Baekhyun? The opening will start in 10 minutes!” Sunny said in panic and Kangta sighed, as much as he wanted to leave and search for Baekhyun, he knows he can't because he still has other responsibilities other than him.

“Hyung.” 

They heard a voice from behind and both ly to see Baekhyun standing in front of them wearing his formal clothes already. “I'm glad you're here.” Kangta said in relief and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I told you, I won't forget the things my father taught me. I'm needed here.” Baekhyun stated and Kangta nodded his head.

“You will go up at the stage with Leeteuk, he will introduce you as the sponsor of Iris. Are you ready?” Kangta asked and Baekhyun, even when he's reluctant, nodded his head. “This is a part of my fate.” He answered and Kangta nodded as he led him towards Leeteuk.

The ceremony. 

It went and came fast, Baekhyun doesn't even remember what he had done in front of those bunch of students looking around the age of him and younger. He doesn't even remember what his purpose of standing in front of them when some of the students did nothing but to stare at him.

It was uncomfortable for him.

He's never used to the attention and he's never used to a large crowd. Yes, a noble he is but he preferred to be locked up in a room and reflect about everything that has been happening to him instead of facing crowds, shaking hands of the people he never knew but knows the reason why they are there. Iris, of course. He felt tired of living already, it's no use, he thought. But, the people around him reminds him of why he needs to live. 

They all told him that his father Seung Won always wanted a successor, but his mother Sung Ryung can't give him any child because she's a human with a weak heart, not only that, she's barren too, forbidding Seung Won from having any child but they said a miracle happened and Seung Won and Sung Ryung had him. They treasured him so much and Seung Won was more than happy to have his own successor, Baekhyun was more than happy to be his son too.

But he never thought that being an immortal had its consequences, because for the first time, he had to save his life first before his parents. For him, running away that moment is like forsaking the people that raised him up and after all those years that had passed, he kept blaming himself. 

And it never falter.

But even when he's hurting, his father taught him to have a firm heart and he's never going to fail him. 

Even when he's pained. Even when it's hard and even when he feels like giving up.

But knowing his fate, he knew he's going to die somehow. One way or another, his suffering will end.  

Walking down the hallways, Baekhyun watched as the students go inside their classrooms and not long after, the hallway became empty. He chuckled bitterly, just like the lively hallways earlier was his heart, it used to be filled with fun and happiness but now it became empty, just like the place where he's standing now. Walking down, Baekhyun stopped when someone bumped onto him, the person looks like she's in a hurry and unfortunately the person who happened to have crashed onto him fell on the ground. 

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun asked immediately as he helped the girl up whom he guessed is a student there. Staying rooted in his place, Baekhyun felt his rapid heart beats when his met hers as soon as she raised her head up. “Y-Yes. Thank you.” She said as she immediately pulled herself away from him and gave him a bow before finally realizing who he is. 

“Aren't you the one at the at the cliff?” She asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Yes, it's me. Thank you for lending me the handkerchief anyways, I will try to return your kindness soon enough.” Baekhyun said and the girl smiled before nodding her head recalling the scene from how they first met, “It's alright.” She said. “I did it without forcing myself. No need to return the favor.” She continued. “You're the sponsor here?” She added and Baekhyun nodded his head, the confused look on the girl's face didn't go unnoticed to him. 

Baekhyun let out a chuckle. “Don't let this face fool you.” Baekhyun said with a smile and the girl chuckled before nodding her head. “Oh, you're Baekhyun right?” The girl asked unsure of his name and Baekhyun nodded his head in confirmation. 

“Yes, that's my name. What about you?” He asked and the girl smiled. 

“I'm Tae--” 

The school bell rang. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I've been sick for the past few days *cries* and some personal matters happened.