Chapter 3

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Who.. are you?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won glanced at Kangta before looking back to Baekhyun. "Baekhyun-ah, it's Ima Sung Ryung." Sung Ryung said as she ran on the other side of the bed where there's less blood. "Ima Sung Ryung?" Baekhyun asked and Sung Ryung glanced at her husband and Seung Won motioned her to go out of the conversion room. 

"Kangta follow me, Boa take care of the boy first." Seung Won said and Boa nodded her head. "Yes, leader." She answered and just like that, Seung Won left the room with his wife and Kangta trailing behind his back. As soon as they were out, Seung Won closed the door and turned to his wife. 

"What happened to him?" Sung Ryung asked. 

"His blood isn't just a normal immortal's blood. He has the royal blood." Seung Won started. "His memories, I think it was the effect of the conversion. His heart might have taken the power of my blood well, but his mind didn't, making him lose his memories. It's not harmful. He will live." Seung Won explained and Sung Ryung sighed in relief. 

"I'm glad his heart managed to contain the blood's power." Sung Ryung said. "Leader." Kangta called. "Yes?" Seung Won asked. "If he has your blood then is he.." Kangta trailed. 

"Yes, he's my successor."


"Do you remember your name?" Boa asked as soon as the leader, his wife and Kangta all left. "No." Baekhyun answered as he looked down on his hands. "Is there something wrong?" Boa asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "What's my name?" He asked and Boa was about to answer him when the door opened again. 

"Baekhyun-ah." Sung Ryung called. 

"Baekhyun? Is it my name?" Baekhyun asked and Sung Ryung smiled before nodding her head. "Who are you?" he asked and Sung Ryung walked closer to him and held both of his hands. "I am Ima Sung Ryung. Your mother." She said and Baekhyun smiled before nodding his head believing what Sung Ryung had said. "Ima Sung Ryung." Baekhyun repeated. 

"And this is Abba Seung Won. Your father." Sung Ryung said while pointing at Seung Won standing not far away from them. "Abba.. Seung Won." Baekhyun trailed and Sung Ryung smiled before turning her head towards her husband that was just watching them silently. "We can take him home tonight right?" Sung Ryung asked and Seung Won nodded his head. 

"We can go now." Seung Won stated and Sung Ryung helped Baekhyun get off the bed. "Kangta, Boa take care of the conversion room." Seung Won said and both Kangta and Boa gave him a bow. 

"Yes, leader."


"Abba, why is there blood on your hands?" Baekhyun asked when he saw Seung Won wiping the blood away from his using a white cloth. Stopping his pace, Sung Ryung expected her husband to ignore the boy but to her surprise, Seung Won knelt in front of Baekhyun and held both of his shoulders. 

"You won't understand for now son, but you will someday." Seung Won said and Baekhyun smiled a little before nodding his head. Taking Seung Won's hand, Baekhyun walked towards the carriage waiting for them. Letting Baekhyun up first, Seung Won helped his wife too before mounting the carriage. 

"Ima, are we going home?" Baekhyun asked curiously while peeking his head out of the carriage. "Yes, we are." Sung Ryung answered, the smile visible on her face never falter. Looking back to her husband, Sung Ryung reached out towards her husband's cheek and caressed it. 

"Thank you for letting me have him." Sung Ryung said and Seung Won smiled before shaking his head. "Anything for the woman I love." Seung Won answered oblivious that Baekhyun is watching them with a smile plastered on his face. "Someday, I want to be like Abba and Ima." Baekhyun said and Seung Won nodded his head. 

"You will find the girl you will love in the right time son." Seung Won said and Baekhyun grinned before nodding his head.

"I will Abba. I will." 

 

"Ima, Abba!" Baekhyun shouted as soon as he ran down the stairs of their house. "What is it? Did something happen to you?" Sung Ryung asked and Baekhyun shook his head but showed Sung Ryung the broken bronze handle he's holding. "What.." Sung Ryung trailed before looking at her husband.

"What did you do?" Seung Won asked and Baekhyun cowered away scared at the tone of his father's voice. "Abba, I'm sorry." Baekhyun said while looking down and hiding the handle behind his back. "I was about to open the door handle but I think I yanked it too hard." Baekhyun said with tears b around his eyes and Seung Won chuckled. 

Hearing this, Baekhyun looked up and gave his father a questioning look. 

"Abba, you're not mad?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won smiled before shaking his head. Taking a porcelain cup from the table, Seung Won knelt in front of Baekhyun and handed it to the boy. Reluctantly, Baekhyun took it and gave Seung Won a questioning look. 

"Close your hand tightly." Seung Won said and Baekhyun did what he's told, not even fully tightening his grip, the cup shattered into pieces making Baekhyun flinch. "Abba, I'm sorry!" Baekhyun said in panic and Seung Won chuckled again. Taking a deep breath, Seung Won held Baekhyun by his shoulders and looked straight into the boy's eyes. 

"Son, you may not understand this yet but you are different. You can do things a normal human can't, once you grow up you will see more changes and those changes cannot be seen by the people because you will be in danger. First, I must tell you this and you must follow." Seung Won said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Never be angry in front of people." Seung Won said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. "Then what if I can't control my anger Abba?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won sighed. "You have to run away, you cannot let them see you be angry." Seung Won said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "I will Abba." Baekhyun said. 

"Also," Seung Won added, "never go out once it's full moon." Seung Won said and eventhough he is curious of why he's father is asking him things like that, Baekhyun nevertheless nodded his head. "Is there anything I should know more Abba?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won picked up a piece of the broken cup. 

"Give me your hand." Seung Won said and Baekhyun opened his hand in front of his father and Seung Won slashed the piece across his palm and blood oozed out. "Abba!" Baekhyun said in panic but then realized that the pain faded away quickly, looking closely at the wound made by his father, Baekhyun gasped as he watched the wound slowly heal leaving the trail of his hand on his palm. 

"Abba.." Baekhyun trailed in disbelief. 

"What happened?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won adjusted himself in front of Baekhyun and held his shoulders with his eyes boring onto Baekhyun's. "You are different and if people saw this, they will hurt you." Seung Won explained and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Should I stay away from them?" Baekhyun asked Seung Won shook his head. "It's not necessary." Seung Won said. 

"But you have to pretend to be like them." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Two more chapters before Taeyeon's. Be patient everyone!