Chapter 6

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Climb up the ship Baekhyun." Kangta said sternly when Baekhyun stayed rooted at the jetty. "No, I'm not going anywhere but here." Baekhyun answered back and Kangta sighed, he glanced at the other immortals waiting for them to board the ship but Baekhyun is too stubborn to climb up. 

"We're at risk here! We have to get home!' Kangta scolded the young successor. "This is my home!" Baekhyun snapped back. "This is not your home, this is not where your parents came from and this is not where you're meant to be. Now follow the orders and board the ship." Kangta threatened, his eyes gone red.

Baekhyun heaved out a sigh. "Why can't I just stay here?" He asked. 

"This isn't our home!" Kangta burst out. "Europe is not the safest place for us right now! This is not the place we can call home!" Kangta added. "I know it's hard to leave this place Baekhyun. I know that you've grown up here, your life's here and you're memories here but I can't just let you die here too. I'm just following the leader's orders to make sure that his only successor is safe." Kangta said, his voice cracking up in the process. 

"This is hard for me too, for us. But we have to go." Kangta said, his voice pleading. 

"Then let's leave." Baekhyun said only to stop when he's about to board the ship. 

"But I'm going back here when the right time comes." 

 

1989 (500 Years Passed)

Korea.

"Sunny, have you seen Baekhyun?" Kangta asked as soon as he saw Sunny standing in front of a newly built building. "No, oppa. He's been missing for an hour now.." Sunny trailed but then stopped. "No, scratch that. He's always gone missing." Sunny said with a frown and Kangta sighed before shaking his head. 

500 years, that may sound so long for humans but for them, it was like a week of their lives. 

Centuries had passed, yes but Baekhyun still mourned for his parents' death. He's been trying to go back to Europe but Kangta always stopped him from doing so. No, it's not that he wants Baekhyun to forget the people that raised him but it was because he knew that Seung Won's one and only successor will be in danger and he can't risk that. 

Baekhyun needs to live, at all costs. 

"Hyung."

A voice called them and both Kangta and Sunny turned their heads towards the person who called them. "What is it?" Kangta asked. "Baekhyun's not in his room." Leeteuk said and Kangta nodded his head. "I will be the one to look for him, just make sure that the humans will do their work well here." Kangta said and Sunny and Leeteuk nodded their heads. 

Looking around, Kangta disappeared into the nearby woods. 

"Baekhyun's being hardheaded." Leeteuk complained and Sunny smacked his shoulder. "Don't say something like that, don't you see that he's hurt because of the leader's death. I know, that even when he's not the leader's real son, the leader loved him so much as much as Baekhyun did." Sunny said with a frown, tears gathering around her eyes. 

It was their job to keep the humans safe from harm but then it was the humans that cause them danger too. 

Now how pathetic their life is to be immortal, risking their lives for ungrateful people. 

"I know, he's hurt from the leader's death but he has responsibilities. I just wish he would be like Kangta hyung." Leeteuk said and Sunny shook her head. "Baekhyun will never be like Kangta oppa, Kangta oppa's a royal blood but his line doesn't come from the leader himself and Baekhyun did. Even their personalities will never be the same, let's just wish that Baekhyun's old self will come back." Sunny said and Leeteuk nodded his head.

"But I don't think it will come back, his old self died when his parents died." 

 

"Ima, Abba. I don't know what I should do anymore." Baekhyun said as he watched the waves hit the rocks under him. Looking around, Baekhyun sighed when he found emptiness. It was only the trees and the sound of the waves accompanying him at the cliff. 

"Abba.. how should I be your successor?" Baekhyun asked as he stared at his dangling feet, he held onto the edge of the cliff and closed his eyes as tears rolled down his cheeks. "I will never be the same without the two of you although I know that Ima's supposed to leave us but not like that." Baekhyun said as he opened his eyes and wiped his tears before letting out a deep sigh. 

Getting off the edge, Baekhyun stopped when he turned and saw a person standing in front of him. 

"Are you.. trying to jump?" She asked and Baekhyun looked behind him before looking back to the girl standing in front of him. "No." He shortly answered and the girl sighed in relief, it didn't go unnoticed to Baekhyun. "What are you doing here?" He asked and the lady scratched her nape before looking away. 

"I.. was gathering woods when I heard someone crying." She said and Baekhyun nodded his head but didn't answer her. "Here." She said as she walked towards him and placed a white cloth on his hand. "Wipe your tears away." She said and before Baekhyun could even thank her, she already ran away leaving him wondering. 

She's beautiful, Baekhyun thought. Now it's a shame that he wasn't able to answer her. 

I'm going to find her, Baekhyun thought. 

 


"There you are, I've been looking around for you." Kangta said as he saw Baekhyun enter the gates of the building. Looking around, Baekhyun noticed that the structure is now completely built, it even has an arch on the gates saying. 

Iris Academy.

He sighed. It was the idea of the other immortals that were with him, and as a successor he thought it would be good too but thinking of it now, he just wanted his parents back and not build this school. 

"Is everything around here fixed?" Baekhyun asked instead of answering Kangta. "Yes, the academy will be open as soon as the school months starts." Kangta answered and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Thinking of it now, make Leeteuk hyung the dean of this school." Baekhyun said and Kangta raised his brows. 

"Why?" He asked. "I'm not ready for this responsibility yet hyung." Baekhyun answered and Kangta nodded his head.

"I know." He said. "But you can always claim your place as the successor. You're grown up now, the legion sees you as their leader yet you're not declaring it yet." Kangta said and Baekhyun sighed. "I will, but not so soon." Baekhyun said before turning around and leaving Kangta. 

"Just don't disappoint your father." Kangta said and Baekhyun stopped his pace as he clenched his fist. 

Turning around again, Baekhyun frowned as he faced Kangta. 

"I know." Baekhyun said. "But let me enlighten you hyung.. I will never, ever disappoint Abba." Baekhyun said before walking away leaving Kangta in the hallway. He knows that it's not easy for Baekhyun and he knows that he's too young when he lost his parents but as much as he wanted to help the younger one, a legion is waiting for them. 

and he's not going to break any of his promises to the leader