Chapter 30

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"No, you can't hurt her." Baekhyun said and Yoona glanced at Boa and Leeteuk before shaking her head. "This won't hurt her tremendously Baekhyun. It will just.. make her weak." Yoona said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows not catching what Yoona meant. "What?" He asked. 

"It will just make her weak." Yoona repeated. "How?" Baekhyun questioned. 

"I heard from Hyoyeon that the warlocks used something against their obstinate members. It's similar to a dragnet made up of something that can weaken a warlock's power. She said she kept one hidden in case someone makes trouble again. I can borrow it from her and use it for Taeyeon." Yoona said and Baekhyun glanced at Boa and Leeteuk before looking back to Yoona. 

"Will it hurt her?" Baekhyun asked and Yoona shook her head. "I don't know, maybe or maybe not. All that Hyoyeon had said is that it weakens a warlock." Yoona explained and Baekhyun sighed before covering his face with both of his hands. 

"There's no other option right?" He asked. "None." Yoona answered.

"How?" Baekhyun asked. 

"I heard from Hyoyeon that the warlocks used something against their obstinate members. It's similar to a dragnet made up of something that can weaken a warlock's power. She said she kept one hidden in case someone makes trouble again. I can borrow it from her and use it for Taeyeon." Yoona said and Baekhyun glanced at Boa and Leeteuk before looking back to Yoona. 

"Will it hurt her?" Baekhyun asked and Yoona shook her head.

"I don't know, maybe or maybe not. All that Hyoyeon had said is that it weakens a warlock." Yoona explained.

"There's no other option right?" He asked. 

"None." Yoona answered.

"Then I guess you all know what the command is." Baekhyun said and everyone inside the quarters frowned.

"You know the protocol, we won't budge here unless you tell us the exact command." Sunny said and Baekhyun clenched his fist, he doesn't know if Sunny's being like that because of the hate she had grown to have hate for Taeyeon or either way, he doesn't understand her anymore. Not at all, yet, he hated the insinuation at the tone of her voice. "Noona." Baekhyun said, the tone of his voice dead serious.

"I'm not doing this to protect Taeyeon." He added the words pricking his heart.  "But please consider that everything I say that is against her is a stab to my heart." He finished. 

"Hate me all you want, but please not her. She's under a curse, she doesn't what she's doing." 

"Alright everyone, no more arguments please." Leeteuk said before Sunny can even say something he knows that if no one steps up any sooner, the ticking time will reduce more and more until it's too late to mend and he doesn't want that. "Baekhyun, the command." Leeteuk with a tone of encouragement making Baekhyun look down and heave out a sigh. He clenched his fist, yes, the words he's about to say are all against Taeyeon. 

It's not just a stab anymore. 

It could be the death of him.

But it's not like he has a choice does he?

He breathed out. Trying to get himself ready for the words he's going to say.

But it's never enough, because he found himself crumbling.

"Hunt Taeyeon, dead.. or alive." 

 

"Oh, glad you're already awake Taeyeon-ah." Taeyeon's father said as soon as he saw his daughter limping her way downstairs. He didn't even bother to help her, he just watched her with an amused smile on his face, his mind clouding with celebrations knowing that the curse they added to Taeyeon worked. 

"What did you do to me?" Taeyeon growled as she slumped herself on the couch, her back resting at the soft foam behind her. "What? We didn't do anything to you Taeyeon-ah." Her father answered and Taeyeon's brows furrowed, she groaned as she closed her eyes again and before she knew it, she already drifted back to sleep. 

 

Baekhyun paced back and forth. 

He doesn't know why, he felt restless. He tried to think over and over again if the command he made would put Taeyeon's life at risk. No, he doesn't want to be the reason why Taeyeon will be in danger again. He blamed himself enough to last a lifetime, he doesn't want to add any mistakes of not being able to take care of her hunt him down anymore. 

He felt useless. 

Heaving out a sigh, Baekhyun stopped his movements when he heard a soft thud inside Taeyeon's room. His head immediately snapped towards the way to the door, he looked around and saw Yoona already standing at the kitchen passage, a frown visible on her face and the dragnet wrapped around her hand. He glanced outside, and saw some immortals together with some of the warlocks roaming around outside the house.

"Let's go." Yoona said and was about to go first when Baekhyun held her wrist. Yoona stopped.

"I'll go in first." He said and Yoona nodded her head. He walked towards the door cautiously and Yoona trailed behind him, opening the knob, Baekhyun stepped inside the room and saw Taeyeon already tucked in inside the room. Her face calm. 

She's sleeping. 

"Do you think it's her parents that did this?" Yoona asked, her voice as low as possible and Baekhyun nodded his head, his eyes still focused on Taeyeon. "I think so." Baekhyun answered and Yoona frowned. 

"What did they do to her this time?" Yoona asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "I don't know." He answered. 

Yoona sighed. "Should I put this on her?" Yoona asked and Baekhyun looked down at the dragnet that was on Yoona's hand. "Is it necessary?" Baekhyun asked and Yoona nodded her head. "We can't risk getting someone else hurt." Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Tie it around her wrist." He said before going out of the room unwillingly and Yoona nodded her head as she walked towards her sister. Hearing the door close, Yoona bit her lower lip as she tied the dragnet around Taeyeon's wrist and unconsciously, tears flowed out of her eyes upon seeing her sister's face. 

Why does everything have to be this complicated? Yoona thought. 

Finishing the tie, Yoona reached her hand out to Taeyeon and caressed her sister's head gently. She smiled weakly as she recalled the Taeyeon she used to know in the past,  and how she hoped that the Taeyeon she once knew will come back. 

"Everything will come to an end Taeyeon, just hold on." 

 

"Baekhyun." Yoona called as soon as she went out of Taeyeon's room. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked.

"You don't have to worry about her, she'll be fine." Yoona said before taking a seat at the couch opposite to Baekhyun and the latter only answered with a heavy sigh. "I think I'm going crazy seeing her like this." Baekhyun said and Yoona smiled weakly. "You're not the only one, I've been with Taeyeon for half of our lives and never did I see her that way. It's not her." Yoona said with a frown. 

"Will Taeyeon be able to get out of the curse?" Baekhyun asked. 

"It poisons the mind, weakens the body. I don't know." Yoona answered. "I feel useless." Baekhyun stated.

"So am I." Yoona answered. "But we need to be strong for Taeyeon, I know she doesn't want any of this to happen." Yoona defended and Baekhyun nodded his head. Yoona's right, Taeyeon doesn't want any of it to happen, she won't anyone, not the people she loves the most. She's under a curse, a dangerous one, and the people around her failed to see that.

"I just want this to end." He said,  on the verge of tears, "I hate seeing her this way." Baekhyun added.

"Everything's going to end, go back to your room. I'll stand on guard tonight." Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he gave Yoona a grateful smile. "Thank you." He said and Yoona shook her hand dismissing his words. "It's nothing." She answered and Baekhyun nodded his head as he retreated back to his room.

 


He groaned. 

A pain on his neck, a pain his back, a pain on his head. 

His eyes flustered open, he found himself inside a white and bluish room. He looked around and tried to stand up when he felt something cold tugging him back on his place, looking down, Baekhyun saw a round metal wrapped around his wrist.

He's chained. 

He furrowed his brows, is it a dream? He thought. 

"Oh, you're awake." He heard a voice. Snapping his head towards the sound, his eyes widened when he saw Taeyeon standing at the door, looking at him while smiling. 

"Taeyeon." He trailed. "Yup, it's me." Taeyeon answered with a smug grin. 

"What happened? Why are we here? Who took me here?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon raised her hand up motioning him to stop asking her and he did. "First things first, what happened? Well, you see, I'm taking back what you took away from my parents." Taeyeon said, Baekhyun's eyes widened.

"Second." She said. "Because I'm asked to take you here, lucky I didn't kill you yet." 

"Third, I took you here." Taeyeon ended.

"How.. You.." Baekhyun trailed and Taeyeon scoffed. 

"Yoona? Well, thinking of it now, what I did to her can make her last to sleep for a couple of hours and if she gets unfortunate, well, let's say goodbye to her." Taeyeon said with a smirk and Baekhyun shook his head. "You're not Taeyeon." Baekhyun muttered but the latter managed to hear it. 

"Oh, yeah. Maybe I'm someone else." She answered sarcastically and Baekhyun's gaze landed on her wrist. He clearly remembered that Yoona tied the dragnet around her wrist. What happened? He thought. 

Taeyeon saw it and chuckled. "That thing won't work on me." She said snapping Baekhyun back to reality. 

"But.." Baekhyun trailed. "What do you think am I? A fish?" Taeyeon scoffed. 

"I thought you knew better than that Baekhyun." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. "Taeyeon, listen to me. You're under a curse! Your parents did this to you! They wanted to use you against me!" Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed before shaking her head. 

"You still don't get it don't you?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun furrowed his brows, he looked straight into her eyes and his eyes widened. It wasn't black anymore, it was back to its normal color. 

Taeyeon's lips twitched up upon seeing his expression.

"I'm on my parent's side now."

 


"Yoona! Wake up!" Sunny shouted as she tapped Yoona's cheeks gently. The other immortals, Leeteuk, Boa, Suho and Sehun are roaming around the house. While the gumihos, Yuri and Sooyoung together with the wolves, Kai and Chanyeol are looking around the vicinity of the house trying to find any traces of Baekhyun. 

Yoona groaned. "Yoona!" Sunny shouted in panic and the latter's eyes flustered open. 

"S-Sun.. Sunny." Yoona trailed and Sunny helped Yoona up. "What happened?" Sunny asked. 

"Taeyeon.." Yoona said and Sunny's eyes widened. Soon, a flash of fire appeared and Jessica with Krystal appeared. 

"Sunny." Jessica called and Sunny lifted her head up, her arms still supporting the hald unconscious Yoona. 

"What is it?" Sunny asked, stress present in her voice. "The fallen angels.." Jessica trailed and Sunny raised her brows. 

"Taeyeon's parent killed them." Krystal stated and Sunny's eyes widened. "Did they.." Sunny trailed. 

"Yes, they're using the powers of those angels." Jessica answered and Sunny looked down on Yoona. 

"Yoona, tell me where Taeyeon is." Sunny said in panic and Yoona inhaled deeply. 

"Her.. old.. house.." 

 

"Taeyeon, this is not you." Baekhyun said, still hoping Taeyeon will realize what she's doing. 

"Stop it you useless immortal." 

Baekhyun heard a deep voice said and looked behind Taeyeon only to see her parents standing behind her. "What did you do to her?! Leave Taeyeon out of this!" Baekhyun screamed and Taeyeon's father chuckled as he approached the chained Baekhyun. He smirked, proud of himself for making such a strong chain than can hold even the strongest immortal down. 

"She's our daughter, of course she's going to be involved in this." Taeyeon father smirked, soon, a punch landed on Baekhyun's cheek making him groan. Taeyeon's parents chuckled, having fun of what they're doing to him and Taeyeon only watched them, her face expressionless. 

"She's innocent." Baekhyun defended and Taeyeon's father scoffed. "Just admit it, you're afraid of losing her. You're afraid of us using her against you." Taeyeon's father stated and Baekhyun clenched his fist, he tried escaping but failed. 

"Now I think we should say goodbye to the only royal blooded immortal left." Taeyeon's father said and Baekhyun clenched his jaw. He would be lying if he says he's not afraid, but the fear he has for himself is nothing compared to the fear he has for Taeyeon. 

"You.." Baekhyun trailed but before he can finish his words, the ground shook. 

"They're here." Taeyeon's mother said in panic. "Taeyeon! Finish him now!" Taeyeon's father commanded and Taeyeon took the poisoned knife from her back pocket and walked towards Baekhyun, she raised the knife in front of this chest while Taeyeon's parents stood there guarding the door. 

"Taeyeon, please don't this." Baekhyun pleaded as Taeyeon took a step closer, she avoid looking onto his eyes and Baekhyun noticed it. 

"Taeyeon-ah.." He called softly. "Taeyeon." 

Taeyeon looked down, her brows furrowed. Baekhyun saw a hint of hesitation. 

"Look at me." He commanded and like a hypnotized one, Taeyeon lifted her head up, her gaze instantly connected to Baekhyun's. 

"Taeyeon! Finish him!" Taeyeon's father shouted, still standing on guard of the door. 

Taeyeon shook her head, took a step forward and was about to stab him when Baekhyun, with all his might leaned in and kissed her. 

Taeyeon's eyes widened. 

The grip on the knife loosened, a metal clank heard through the room. 

"Taeyeon!" Taeyeon's father shouted in panic as the door burst open. 

Taeyeon took a step back, her heart beating so fast. She looked up and saw Baekhyun's eyes staring at her, his eyes expectant. She felt her heart beating so fast, the warmth felt so familiar that she felt her heart getting overwhelmed by the sudden surge of emotions because of the kiss.

The mind can forget, but the heart can't. Baekhyun knew. 

"Taeyeon." He called and Taeyeon's eyes widened. 

A second too late, Taeyeon's father ran and took the knife he's hiding in his pocket and tried to stab Baekhyun when Taeyeon spun around and blocked him. She gasped when the she felt the coldness of the knife against her stomach. 

"Taeyeon!" Baekhyun shouted and the immortals on the door gasped. They never expected Taeyeon to do that, not when she's under a curse. 

Taeyeon groaned, her father stumbled backwards in shock. Taeyeon looked down and saw the knife still on her, with a loud cry of pain, Taeyeon removed it and as quick as she can stabbed her father's chest. The man gasped, his eyes looking at Taeyeon in surprise as he slowly fell on the floor. 

"No!" Taeyeon's mother shouted as she break free from the grip of the immortals holding and ran to Taeyeon, the knife on her pocket didn't go forgotten as she took it and was about to stab her own daughter when Taeyeon dodged it and stabbed her instead. 

"I'm sorry.." Taeyeon whispered in her mother's ear as the woman fell on the floor, Taeyeon looked back to Baekhyun and smiled at him. 

"I'm.. sorry." She said before fainting in front of him and Baekhyun's eyes widened. 

"Taeyeon!" He shouted but too late, a sudden flash of light appeared and the three were instantly gone. 

"No!" He said as he tried to break free from the chain. "Baekhyun, calm down!" Sunny said as she picked the key on the floor and ran towards Baekhyun helping him try to get away from chain. As soon as she did, Sunny expected Baekhyun to be frantic but frowned when she saw him drop himself on the floor, his hands covering his face. 

His shoulders going up and down, sobs echoing through the room. 

Sunny stepped away and looked at the others gathering around Baekhyun, the other immortals including the now conscious Yoona, the gumihos, the wolves. "Baekhyun." Kai called but Baekhyun didn't even bother to look up. the pain he's feeling is too unbearable. 

"Leave." Baekhyun said, and everyone in the room exchanged glances. "Leave me alone." Baekhyun repeated, his voice louder. Having no choice, everyone in the room left and Baekhyun remained inside the room, his eyes still producing more and more tears. 

He blamed himself again. 

Taeyeon's gone, and she definitely won't come back this time. 

She broke the rules of up above, she got stabbed because she tried to protect him. 

Baekhyun felt his heart breaking into pieces, he deserved that and not Taeyeon. 

He cried even harder, his eyes shut tighter that he failed to see the sudden flash of light in front of him. 

He kept crying. He mourned, he grieved.

He lost track of time, he cried and cried until there were no tears coming out but it didn't bother him to stand up and leave that place. If he's going to stay there forever then he will, because the last memories of Taeyeon was left there. 

The sun darkened, the moon rose up but never did he budged. 
 
He felt so weak, and gaining thet last of his strength and tears, Baekhyun cried again.

He cried until he felt a poke on his nose, his sobs stopped. 

He removed his hands away from his face and was about to shout at the person when he felt himself get petrified by the sight in front of him. 

"Hi." The person greeted with a smile. 

Baekhyun stood there, his face expressing a look of surprise. He didn't move. 

The person giggled before leaning in and landing a quick peck on his lips. He felt his heart stopped beating. 

Is it real? He thought.

"Stop crying."

"Taeyeon.." Baekhyun trailed and Taeyeon chuckled as she reached her hand out and wiped his tears away. Baekhyun only let her, his eyes still fixed on her. "How.." He trailed when Taeyeon finished wiping his tears away. 

"They lifted the punishment, I did nothing wrong." Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun looked down trying to find the wound caused by Taeyeon's father. The latter noticed it and smiled. "It healed." Taeyeon answered and Baekhyun's brows furrowed. 

"But it was pois--" 

"It's not." Taeyeon answered with a smile and Baekhyun felt like crying again. 

"This isn't a dream isn't it? Because if it is, then.. I'd rather follow you on up above instead. Taeyeon, I don't want to lose you ever again, I did wrong, I know. It's my fault, I started everything and I even vowed to protect you with all my life but failed. I'm sorry, Taeyeon, don't leave me please. I don't know what I will do without you, you're my world, you're my every--" 

Taeyeon leaned in again and kissed him, Baekhyun felt his mind shut down. He stopped talking.

It's real. 

"I think you talk so much." Taeyeon said as she pulled away and chuckled. She caressed his face and Baekhyun frowned. 

"I.." Baekhyun trailed, his voice hinting fear. Taeyeon knew. 

She feels the same fear too. 

"I won't leave anymore, everything's over Baekhyun. Everything's over." Taeyeon assured and Baekhyun nodded his head before he leaned in and kissed her again, he smiled as his hands cupped her cheeks.

It's real. 

"Everything's over, you're mine now for eternity." Baekhyun said in between their kisses and Taeyeon nodded her head in confirmation. 

"For eternity." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Yay! Finally done! Thanks reading everyone and I apologize if this story didn't reach your expectation, but I did my best. I apologize for not updating quickly though, I've been sick the past few days. 

Thank you for reading! Thank you for subscribing! Thank you for commenting and and thank you for upvoting!

I appreciate it all guys *cries* until the next story! Hope to see you all there!