Chapter 17

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“W-What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked her parents. 

“The war is just starting Taeyeon, it's not supposed to be this way. How come you let yourself be controlled by them! You're an heiress, you're not supposed to go around following those useless immortal's orders.” Taeyeon's mother stated and Taeyeon sighed. 

“I'm not taking their orders mom, I'm living my life well now. I'm happy.” Taeyeon said, her voice firm. “Are you really happy with that immortal? Do you really want to spend your life with the person that tried to kill us? Do you even know what we went through in his hands?” Taeyeon's father asked this time. “Taeyeon, we begged him to spare us but he didn't listen.” Taeyeon's father added.

“That's because you're killing innocent people! It's his responsibility!” Taeyeon defended. “Are you siding with him now? Do you even know why we killed people?” Taeyeon's mother asked and Taeyeon became silent, no she didn't really know. 

All that she's heard was that her parents are taking away people's lives in hopes to find a human that can an immortal through their wicked ways, through their magic. 

“See?” Her mother said. “You weren't born healthy Taeyeon, you're heart's weak! What are we supposed to do then? Let our daughter suffer and die?” Taeyeon's mother continued and Taeyeon felt tears gathering around her eyes. 

“We never wanted to kill people Taeyeon, you know that but you're life's at stake and we can't afford to lose you. Somewhat, we forgot to be greedy with our powers and tried to be immortal because we had you, and you're dying.” Taeyeon's father stated, his voice cracking in the process.

“It wasn't easy Taeyeon, we managed to find a way for you to heal but it's too late. The immortals didn't listen to us and that man, that man you're with now killed us mercilessly.” 

“I don't.. believe this.” Taeyeon stated, her eyes looking away. 

“You don't have to Taeyeon, but it's the truth. Now choose between that immortal and us.” Taeyeon's father said and Taeyeon immediately looked at him. “What? Dad, you know I can never choose! I love you both but I love him too.” Taeyeon defended. 

“Loving him is like telling us that our death meant nothing to you.” 

“What? That's insane dad!” Taeyeon snapped. “How can you forgive such man? What guarantee do we have that he won't hurt you? Isn't he the reason why you went to up above?” Taeyeon's father questioned. “Answer me.” He demanded. 

“Because I love him dad, and I know he won't hurt me. Yes, he's the reason why but it was partly my fault for hurting him.” Taeyeon answered. “Look, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.” Taeyeon said and her parents looked at her questioningly. 

“He let me see you even if it's against the rules, and you know what? He even promised me to not hurt you again nor do anything that's against my will. Isn't it enough guarantee? Dad, mom?” Taeyeon asked back. 

“And you believed him?” Taeyeon's mother scoffed. “He's nothing but a liar! Two-faced!” She added. 

“He lost his parents mom, and he knows what I exactly felt when I lost you. Can't you see that he's not here because he's fulfilling his promise?” Taeyeon asked. “Why can't you just believe me and forgive him?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Because warlocks and immortals are never supposed to be one.” Her father answered. 
 
“What?” Taeyeon asked. 

“He may be both the warlocks and immortal's leader by now, but we promise you Taeyeon. We're going to take back what he took from us.” Taeyeon's father threatened. 

“Dad..” Taeyeon trailed. 

“So you better choose, us or him?” 

 


“Taeyeon, are you alright? You're spacing out.” Yoona said as she poked her sister's shoulder a few times. Getting out of her trance, Taeyeon turned her head sidewards and raised her brows while looking at Yoona. “What is it?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona sighed. 

“I said, are you alright? You're spacing out.” Yoona said with worry. Adjusting herself on the couch, Taeyeon faked a smile and shook her head. “I'm alright.” Taeyeon said and Yoona looked at her with an I-know-you're-lying look. 

“I'm alright, you don't need to worry. Where's Baekhyun anyways?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona shrugged her shoulders. “When he asked us to leave the two of you, Sehun and I went out and dropped by at the quarters to ask for some help fixing the wall you broke before buying some groceries here since I saw the fridge empty and when we came back, I only saw you sitting here while staring into nothing.” Yoona said. 

“Did you two fight? Did something happen while we were away?” Yoona added. “No, nothing happened. We just talked and he left me so I can rest for a while, when I woke up he's not here anymore.” Taeyeon said leaving the part where she too left the house and met her with her parents. 

“Oh, I see. You can always tell me something if it bother you right?” Yoona asked out of the blue and Taeyeon looked at her questioningly. “What's with you?” She asked. “I just felt like something's been off with you lately.” Yoona answered truthfully. 

“It was like you're becoming someone we never knew.” The latter added. 

“Really?” Taeyeon asked. “Taeyeon, I need to be honest with me in the next few minutes.” Yoona said, her voice serious and Taeyeon furrowed her brows trying to pretend that she's oblivious of what Yoona wanted to talk about. “What..” Taeyeon trailed but before she can finish, Yoona already cut her off. 

“Did you or did you not hurt anyone today?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon furrowed her brows, she remembered the two men she encountered earlier. “I didn't..” Taeyeon said. 

“Okay, I'll just assume that you told me the truth. Why?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon found herself speechless with what Yoona had said, then again the familiar anger she always felt started overwhelming her again. 

“I said I didn't do anything!” Taeyeon raised her voice as she stood up and Yoona frowned while looking at her sister. 

“You're not the Taeyeon I knew anymore.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~!