Chapter 16

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“W-What?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. 

“They escaped down below, the highest officials are looking for them now.” Krystal said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. She doesn't know what she should feel, should she feel happy because she knows she'll have the chance to see them again or should she fear them because they're capable of hurting everybody especially Baekhyun? 

“How long have they've been missing?” Baekhyun asked. “For a day, we didn't notice them disappearing. Someone from down below helped them, some devils are rebelling against the leader in down below because of the change of rules. They didn't like it that's why they're doing this.” Krystal explained and Baekhyun sighed as pressed his hands against his face.

His first problem isn't solved yet. 

His problem with Taeyeon isn't solved yet too and now this? 

How come? How can he hurt Taeyeon's parents with her being with him? 

Yes, he managed to hurt Taeyeon's parents before but what about now? How come can he hurt Taeyeon's parents in front of her? No, he doesn't want history to repeat itself. He doesn't want Taeyeon to hate him anymore because he knows that even if Taeyeon had seemed to move on from her parent's death and what he did, she still loved them as much as she did before even without knowing who they really are. 

“Do you know where they are now? Or where they're heading?” Taeyeon asked making everyone in the room look for her. “Taeyeon.” Yoona said and Taeyeon sighed. “Don't worry, I won't do anything stupid.” Taeyeon said, her voice with a hint of reluctance. 

“You did once.” Yoona said and Taeyeon clenched her fist, anger building up inside her again. 

Calm down Taeyeon, calm down. She thought. 

This is so not you, she added. 

“We don't have any idea.” Krystal answered and Taeyeon sighed, looking around, Taeyeon walked towards the balcony but Sehun blocked her. “Move.” She said and Sehun shook his head. “Leader's orders.” He said while looking at Baekhyun who's already looking at them with a serious face. 

“I said move!” Taeyeon shouted but Sehun didn't budge. 

Clenching her fist, Taeyeon was about to push Sehun away when she felt a hand grabbing her wrist. Turning around, Taeyeon saw Baekhyun looking at her straight into the eyes. “Can you all please leave us alone first?” Baekhyun asked, his eyes still fixed on hers. 

Everyone in the room nodded. “Sehun, let's go.” Yoona said and Sehun nodded as he followed Yoona out of the room. Krystal on the other hand disappeared after she let out a deep sigh.
“Taeyeon.” Baekhyun called. 

“I know what you're planning. Go do it, I don't care anymore.” She said avoiding his gaze and Baekhyun sighed as he engulfed into a tight hug. Taeyeon tried to push him away, but his grip only tightened. 

“I won't hurt them.” He said as he buried his face on her shoulder making Taeyeon stop trying to escape from his arms. “I know that killing them again is the only way to send them in down below, I won't do it.” Baekhyun said and felt Taeyeon stopped moving. 

“What..” She trailed. 

“I know you miss them, I know you love them and I'm not going to be selfish to stop you from seeing them because trust me, if I were in your place I would want to see my parents too.” Baekhyun stated. “Go see them, I will not stop you. I won't hurt them, I promise.” Baekhyun added and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. 

“But you do know what will happen, they're capable of hurting people.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun pulled away and nodded his head. “I know.” He answered. “And that might cause you to be in danger too.” Taeyeon added and Baekhyun then again nodded his head. “I know.” He answered again. 

“But I'm not going to do anything for you to hate me. I know you're against the idea of hurting them, and I won't do anything that's against your will. Maybe, if you see them they will change their mind right? After all, you're their daughter.” Baekhyun said, his voice full of sincerity.

“Why are you doing this?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Because I love you, because I'd rather lose my life than lose you.” Baekhyun answered while looking straight into her eyes and Taeyeon sighed, she tried her best to fight her tears but failed. She felt guilty of what she did to him earlier but then there's a part of her telling her not to. 

She really needs to ask her parents what's happening to her. 

“Don't worry.. I.. I will do my best to stop this.” Taeyeon said as she cupped his cheeks and kissed him. “I trust you.” He said. “Just please.. don't leave me ever again.” Baekhyun said, his voice pleading and Taeyeon smiled a little as she nodded her head. 

“I won't.” She answered.

 


Taeyeon.. Taeyeon wake up. 

“Mom?” Taeyeon asked when her eyes flustered open. Sitting up from her bed and looking around, Taeyeon noticed that it was dark outside. She sighed, before pressing her hands against her temple. “Must be a dream.” She muttered to herself again and was about to close her eyes when this time, she heard her father's voice.

Taeyeon-ah.

“Dad?” Taeyeon said, unsure. 

Taeyeon-ah, it's us. 

It was her mom's voice. “Where are you?” Taeyeon asked and she didn't heard any answer, instead her eyes closed automatically and she saw a lighthouse, an abandoned one that looks far away from the city. After this, her eyes opened again. 

Go there.

It was her father's voice and without any words nor questions. Taeyeon immediately walked towards her closet, changed her clothes and took her jacket before disappearing. 

 


“Mom? Dad?” Taeyeon asked as soon as she appeared at the light house. Looking around, Taeyeon immediately turned when she felt a hand on her shoulder. “Mom. Dad.” Taeyeon trailed when she saw her parents standing in front of her.

“Taeyeon-ah.” Her mom said as the woman engulfed her into a tight hug. “How.. you..” Taeyeon trailed still in disbelief that her dead parents are now standing in front of her again. 

“We escaped.” Her father answered. 

“Why?” 

It was all that Taeyeon managed to ask.

“Because the way isn't finished yet.” Taeyeon's mother said and Taeyeon furrowed her brows. 

“What do you mean?” She asked. 

“This is just the beginning.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~! I didn't proof read so sorry for the mistakes. T.T