Chapter 11

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Taeyeon.. is something wrong?" Heechul asked when he saw Taeyeon clutching her chest after he came back from the kitchen with two mugs in his hands. Hearing his voice, Taeyeon immediately gained her posture and frowned at Heechul trying to dismiss what he just asked. "There's nothing wrong oppa, why did you ask anyways?" Taeyeon asked, slightly afraid that Heechul might have heard and know what she had said and what she did. 

"I saw you clutching onto your chest, is something wrong?" Heechul asked worriedly and Taeyeon shook her head. "No, it's just my heart beats became rapid. Like it was an adrenaline rush." Taeyeon said and Heechul put the mugs down on the coffee table in front of them before taking a seat beside Taeyeon while facing her. "What?" He asked again not catching what she meant. 

"My heartbeat increased, like an adrenaline rush." Taeyeon said and Heechul looked at her questioningly. "You're just sitting here for crying out loud Taeyeon, what's happening?" Heechul asked and Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know, I never felt any pain though. Maybe it's because I'm immortal now, Baekhyun once told me that immortals can be impulsive." Taeyeon said and Heechul frowned. 

"But it's different." He said. "I know." Taeyeon said before letting out another sigh.

"Whatever, this happens at times. It's nothing new." Taeyeon said trying to shrug everything that's running inside her mind and Heechul nodded his head even when he's reluctant about her. "Alright, you say so. It's getting late, are you sure Baekhyun won't look for you?" Heechul asked again and Taeyeon nodded her head in assurance that Baekhyun won't look for her. "He knows that I'm here, you don't need to worry about him." Taeyeon said and Heechul nodded his head believing her words.

"Are you sure?" Heechul asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "Yeah, I'm fine. By the way, I'll leave now oppa. I'll also visit Yoona tonight." Taeyeon said as she stood up and Heechul raised his brows. "She's not home?" Heechul asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. "She's with Sunny tonight, they're going to watch some movies." Taeyeon said and Heechul nodded his head. 

"Are you sure you don't need me to take you back?" Heechul asked in confirmation before standing up and Taeyeon shook her head. "Nope, I'm fine." Taeyeon said and Heechul nodded his head. "Bye oppa." Taeyeon said. Walking her towards the door, Heechul waved Taeyeon goodbye and walked back inside the house when the latter was out of sight. Well, as far as he knew. 

Taeyeon on the other hand, seeing that Heechul already closed the door looked around and closed her eyes when she saw that the coast was clear and as soon as she opened it, Taeyeon found herself standing in the middle of the dark woods. Looking around, Taeyeon climbed up the nearest tree at ease, an advantage for her for being an immortal. Looking around, Taeyeon enjoyed the view of the nearby city with the cold breeze of the night accompanying her. 

Sorry for lying oppa, Taeyeon thought as she frowned. 

She really wanted to tell Heechul the truth that she won't head home straight but then, it dawned onto her that if she ever tell that to Heechul then surely, the latter will just accompany her anywhere until she gets home. After all, she doesn't want to bother anyone neither she wanted to be with someone.

Looking around, Taeyeon spotted something moving under the trees and her eyes darkened. It was a human, an old man gathering some woods to be exact and Taeyeon felt something urging inside of her again. Closing her eyes, Taeyeon took a few deep breaths as she tried to calm herself down. Something inside her was bothering her, and she knew it wasn't good.

Closing her eyes, Taeyeon decided to leave instead. 

"Hey, Taeyeon. What's wrong?" Taeyeon heard a familiar voice asking her. Opening her eyes, Taeyeon saw Baekhyun standing in front of her, his eyes looking at her worriedly while his hands are rested on her shoulder. "N-Nothing." Taeyeon answered trying to avoid Baekhyun's gaze. No, she doesn't want to lie for the second time. 

"Hey, I know something's wrong." Baekhyun said as he lifted her chin up and Taeyeon sighed before slapping his hand away, unknowingly, Taeyeon felt like her blood rushed all over her body. She felt annoyance.. "I said nothing's wrong." She said before walking towards her room and slamming the door close. Baekhyun on the other hand, too surprised of what she did walked towards the door and tried to open the handle when he felt that it was locked. Looking at the door, Baekhyun's brows furrowed as he thought of why she's acting that way. 

On the other side.. 

Taeyeon rested her back against the door as her chest moved up and down because of her heavy breathing. Holding on to her temple, Taeyeon slid down the door with her eyes looking confused. "What.. did I just do?" Taeyeon whispered to herself in disbelief still oblivious to the fact that Baekhyun was just on the other side, his hand resting on the door. 

Taeyeon clenched her fist. 

It wasn't something new to her, she's being out of herself again. It was like being lost all over again, it was just like before, just like when she doesn't know what she's doing.

It's not the Taeyeon she knew. 

Standing up, Taeyeon walked towards the balcony wanting to leave when he heard Baekhyun speaking.

"Taeyeon-ah." He called. His voice soft.

"I don't know what's happening to you, or what's bothering you now but let me help? I won't ask you anything anymore, just tell me when you're ready. I'm going to my room now but don't hesitate to call me if you need me, always remember that I love you alright? And I'm going to do anything for you. Just please.. trust me." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon heard his footsteps fading, she knew he had left already. 

Walking back towards her room, Taeyeon held on to the knob wanting to explain everything to him when she stopped. Her hand fell off the knob. 

“I'm sorry Baekhyun.” 
 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I won't make this story longer than it's intended. *sigh* I'm planning to take a break from writing. But, I'm still considering about it yet. 

and I apologize for the typos here in this chapter, I didn't have the time to proof read. 

Thanks for reading!