Chapter 27

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“Taeyeon?” Baekhyun asked when he saw a figure lying at the balcony right after he went out of his room. He fastened his pace, worried that something had happened to Taeyeon and much to his surprise, he saw the latter lying at the balcony with her eyes closed. “Taeyeon!” Baekhyun said in panic as he knelt beside her and helped her up before lightly shaking and tapping her cheek. “Taeyeon.” He called and Taeyeon's eyes slowly fluttered open as her brows creased. 

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun asked in worry but all he got as an answer was a faint groan. Taeyeon on the other hand, because of the sunlight, frowned when her eyes found it hard to adjust with the bright light. Completely sitting up, Taeyeon lightly pushed Baekhyun away and rubbed both of her eyes. 

“Are you alright?” Baekhyun repeated his question and Taeyeon looked at him questioningly. “Why wouldn't I be?” She asked curtly taking Baekhyun by surprise. But then, she just chalked it up to her being grumpy in the morning. “I.. I saw you lying here. I thought something happened to you.” Baekhyun explained and Taeyeon sighed. 

“Whatever.” She muttered before standing up and leaving him alone kneeling in the balcony. Baekhyun on the other hand stayed there, too drowned in his own thoughts.


Standing up, Baekhyun shook his head and sighed before heading back to the living room only to see Yoona standing there while looking at him in confusion. “What happened? Why are you kneeling there?” Yoona asked while pointing at the balcony. “It's nothing. Can.. you talk to Taeyeon?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona raised her brows. “Why? Did you two fight?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “Then what is it?” Yoona asked. 

“She seemed a bit grumpy today, maybe you can understand why she's like that. I'm planning on taking her out on a date today but I don't think it will be fun if she's like that.” Baekhyun explained and Yoona nodded her head understanding Baekhyun's words. She feared the worst for her sister though, she noticed how Taeyeon changed drastically.

“I will.” Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded his head before going back to his room again only to stop when he heard Yoona calling him. “Baekhyun.” She said and Baekhyun spun around giving her a questioning look. 

“Please don't hurt Taeyeon.” Yoona said. “No matter what the circumstances are.” She added. 

Baekhyun weakly smiled. “I won't. I thought you already know that.” Baekhyun said. 

“I know,” Yoona answered. “But still I want you to promise me that.” 

“I will, I promise.”

“And..” Yoona continued. “Her parents.” 

“I know, just let her be for now. Can we?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona nodded her head. “But please don't let Taeyeon into one of them.” Yoona said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I'll see what I can do.” He answered and Yoona sighed. “You don't want to lose her right?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Of course,” He answered. 

“The decision will be up to her.” 

 

“Taeyeonie?” Yoona asked right after she stepped inside her sister's room and saw the latter lying on the bed while staring at the ceiling. “What?” Taeyeon asked curtly and Yoona felt her breath hitch, Taeyeon was never like this, the old Taeyeon won't speak that way. 

“I miss you.” Yoona said and Taeyeon glanced at her before staring at the ceiling again. “Hmm.” She answered without any emotions at all and Yoona felt like tearing up. She doesn't know what's happening to her sister, but there's one thing that's on her mind. 

Taeyeon's parents. 

“Just that?” Yoona asked trying her luck again. “Do I need to say more?” Taeyeon asked with a hint of irritation and Yoona smiled forcibly before shaking her head and making her way towards the bean bag at the corner of Taeyeon's room. 

“No, do you want to go out?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon sighed. “No.” She answered and Yoona frowned. “Why? Let's go buy jellies, ice cream and bread.” Yoona said hoping it would work but then failed when Taeyeon closed her eyes and shook her head. “I don't want to.” Taeyeon answered.

“You? Rejecting those? Are you really my sister?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon winced. Yoona knew that she hit a sensitive part of their conversation. Taeyeon sighed. “Why can't you just leave?” Taeyeon asked her voice raising and Yoona frowned. 

“You're never like this.” Yoona stated and Taeyeon sat up. “Well, I am now.” She answered. 

“You're not my sister anymore.” Yoona stated and yet again Taeyeon winced. She felt a tinge of pain inside her heart but she doesn't understand why. “I was trying to help you here Taeyeon, you were never like this. I just wanted to know what's wrong, I've been hurting because of you shutting me out, Baekhyun's been feeling like that too.” Yoona said, her voice raising too. 

“Are we really important to you Taeyeon?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon pressed her hands against her face trying to suppress the anger building inside of her. 

“Are we really?” Yoona asked standing up from the bean bag and walking towards Taeyeon who still have her hands pressing against her face. 

“Answer me.” Yoona sternly said and before she knew it, Taeyeon stood up, held her by the neck and pushed her towards the wall. Her eyes clear black. 

Yoona clenched her jaws, Taeyeon's changed.

She knew it. 

“Don't you dare tell me what's right and wrong.” Taeyeon growled under her breath. “Stay away from me if you don't want to get hurt.” Taeyeon said while looking straight into Yoona's eyes as the latter's face grew pale due to the lack of air. 

“Yoona.. Taeyeon..” Baekhyun gasped when he saw the two. Taeyeon, upon hearing her name turned her head towards the sound and let go of Yoona's neck when she saw Baekhyun standing at the door while looking at her in surprise and disbelief. 

“What are you doing?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona fell on the floor gasping for air while Taeyeon stood there with her fists clenched. 

“Taeyeon.” Baekhyun said and was about to approach her when Taeyeon took a step back. 

“Don't you dare touch me.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update! 

I have some news for my readers though, *cries* this may end in the 30th chapter. *hides*