Chapter 24

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Mom." 

Taeyeon said angirly, she stomped her way inside their old house and saw both of her parents sitting at the living room with calm look on their faces. Seeing their daughter there, Taeyeon's parents stood up and looked at her questioningly. "Is there anything you need Taeyeon-ah?" Her father asked and Taeyeon clenched her fist. 

"Let's cut to the chase, what did you do to me?" Taeyeon asked and her parents shared knowing glances before looking back at her. "What are you saying? We didn't do anything to you." Taeyeon's mother defended and Taeyeon sighed, she ran her hands through her hair and shook her head. "Mom, I remember everything before I fainted. You were the only people that I'm with." Taeyeon said and her mother's eyes widened, but then she gained her posture back and cleared . 

"We don't know what you're talking about." She lied again. 

“Mom stop lying to me!” Taeyeon shouted and her mother slapped her. “Ungrateful daughter!” Her mother shouted, Taeyeon flinched when she saw her mom's eyes fully turn black. “Honey.” Her father said grabbing her mother's arm and stopping her from hurting Taeyeon any further. 

“What have you've done?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. “You were never like this.” Taeyeon added. 

“That immortal turned us into this Taeyeon. If he did not interfere with our business, then we wouldn't take revenge.” Taeyeon's mother answered. “But you're hurting people!” Taeyeon snapped. 

“And that's for your sake! We're making you stronger!” Taeyeon's mother countered. 

“I don't need this goddamn powers mom!” Taeyeon burst out, tears flowing out of her eyes already but she didn't bother wiping it away. 

“I wanted to live a normal life! I never asked you to do those things!” Taeyeon continued. “Don't you know what I feel now? I felt like ending my life knowing that I'm the reason why innocent people got killed! I hate this life!” Taeyeon finished. 

Both her parents went silent, they never thought Taeyeon would grow up like this. But still, it didn't changed their minds, they set everything, and they wanted revenge. 

“Hate him all you want, but I won't blame him for losing you.” Taeyeon said, her parents looking at her in disbelief. Her mother scoff. “Love can't do anything Taeyeon, love makes you weak.” Taeyeon's mother said, her father was just silent. “Do you agree? Dad?” Taeyeon asked and her father sighed. 

“The time is about to come Taeyeon, we will do what we ought to do.” Her father said and Taeyeon balled her hands into fists. “Why can't you stop? Why won't you stop?” Taeyeon asked, her voice already weak. 

“Sorry Taeyeon.” 

It was all that Taeyeon had heard from her father before everything went pitch black. 

“Taeyeon, Taeyeon. Wake up.” 

Taeyeon heard a familiar voice said, slowly opening her eyes, Taeyeon groaned when she felt pain striking her head. Taking a deep breath, Taeyeon sat up and saw Baekhyun sitting in front of her at the edge of the bed, his eyes filled with worry. 

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun sighed. “You disappeared.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon remembered the events from earlier. 

“Oh..” 

That's all that she had said. “Is something wrong? Why did you leave?” Baekhyun asked. 

“I felt like I won't be able to rest well there in the quarters that's why I left, sorry if I disappeared without telling you.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun smile a little before shaking his head. “It's alright, you got me worried there for a second.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon forced a smile. “You looked for me?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“Yeah, I went around and saw you here sleeping. I figured that maybe, the quarters is too noisy for you to rest.” Baekhyun explained with a smile and Taeyeon chuckled. “Yeah, besides. I can't stand the bickering of Yoona and Sooyoung there.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled, reaching out towards her hair, Baekhyun tucked it behind her ear and smiled.

“Why? Are you jealous that your sister found someone else to argue with?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head. “Of course not.” she answered. “Really?” Baekhyun asked teasingly and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Yup.” She answered and Baekhyun kissed her forehead. “Go back to sleep, you really need to rest.” Baekhyun said and was about to stand up and leave her when Taeyeon held on to his wrist stopping him from doing so. 

“Is there something wrong?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head. “Stay with me here, I need company.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun faked a frown making Taeyeon look at him questioningly. “Just the company?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon laughed. 

“I need you here too.” Taeyeon said before moving away and patting the empty space beside her. Grinning, Baekhyun took a seat beside her and wrapped his arms around her shoulder, Taeyeon on the other hand rested her head on his chest and heaved out a sigh. 

Remembering the events that happened is the least she wanted to do right now. 

“Something wrong?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head, her grip around him tightened. “Hey.” He called but before he can even push Taeyeon a little away from him, Taeyeon hugged him like her life depended on it. Soon, he felt his shirt getting wet and he knew right at that moment that the latter is crying. 

Having no words to say, Baekhyun sighed and rubbed her back soothingly instead in hopes to calm her down. He doesn't know why she's being like this but the first thought that came into his mind were her parents, her badly wanted to ask her but wanting to give Taeyeon her privacy, Baekhyun chose to keep his mouth shut instead. 

“Hey, it's alright. I'm here, let it all out.” Baekhyun whispered soothingly and the sobs became softer, his words must have calmed the latter down. “Don't be so worked up about everything that's been happening, I don't know why you're being like this but it hurts me Taeyeon..” Baekhyun trailed, he can't help but to tear up when he saw Taeyeon being that way. 

“It hurts me too.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *cries* please fogive me for not updating regularly readers. *bows*

Forgive me T_T