Chapter 18

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“Y-Yoong.. I-I'm sorry.” Taeyeon said in panic as soon as she realized what she's done. 

“Taeyeon, what's happening to you?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon shook her head and ran back to her room leaving Yoona there alone in the living room. Hearing the door slam shut, Yoona sighed before standing up. 

“What happened?” She heard a voice asked, turning her head towards the sound. Yoona saw Baekhyun standing a few steps away from her with a questioning look on his face. “Nothing, just some sisterly talk.” Yoona answered and Baekhyun nodded his head even when he's still not satisfied with her answer yet. 

“Baekhyun.” Yoona called. “What is it?” Baekhyun asked. 

“Taeyeon's parents. Do you know where are they?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun shook his head. “No, I don't know where they are.” Baekhyun answered and Yoona sighed. “You do know that you have to kill them right?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Are you going to?” Yoona asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath before shaking his head. 

“Why? You do know that it's against the rules to let them free.” Yoona stated. “I know, but I'll leave it to Taeyeon.” Baekhyun answered and Yoona looked at him in disbelief. “What are you thinking? You're going to create a mess! You may be the leader of the warlocks for now but the real ones are back, there's a chance they will turn their back on you.” Yoona cautioned and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“I know.” He answered. “Are you crazy?” Yoona asked questioned. 

“I'm still sane.” Baekhyun answered but before Yoona can speak again, Sehun barged in the living room. Panic written all over his face. “Hyung.” Sehun called. “What is it?” Baekhyun asked and Sehun took a deep breath before speaking again. 

“Three humans are found dead in the woods not far from here.” Sehun said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “What happened to them? Who did it?” Baekhyun asked. “Their souls are out, we didn't know what happened yet but.. here.” Sehun said handling Baekhyun a dowel made of twig. 

“It was stuck in one of the bodies. In the chest.” Sehun said and Baekhyun knew who did it. 

“Let's go there now.” Baekhyun said before walking out of the living room followed by Yoona and Sehun. Leaving the house, the three completely forgot about one more person being left there, oblivious that the person who was left alone heard their conversation. 

Balling her fist, Taeyeon went out of her room knowing that the three are already left. 

She knew who did it, and as much as she wanted to step in, her love for the people who did it still lingered inside of her. 

“Mom, dad. Why are you doing this?” Taeyeon asked and before she knew it, two people appeared in the living room. 
“Because you didn't choose between us and that useless immortal.” 

“Mom.” Taeyeon said in surprise. “We made you choose Taeyeon, but you disappeared just like that.” It was now her father that spoke. 

“Because what you're making me do is sick. I love you both, but I love him too.” Taeyeon defended. “Taeyeon, don't get blinded by love. Why do you think he left just now? He's planning to hunt us down Taeyeon.” Her father said and Taeyeon closed her eyes and shook her head. 

“You're the one who killed those humans, didn't you?” Taeyeon asked and her parents became silent. “Why?” Taeyeon continued knowing that her parents won't answer her first question. “Why did you kill them?” Taeyeon asked. “You were never killers.” Taeyeon said. 

“And you're never an immortal.” Her mother countered and Taeyeon disappeared only to appear this time, without her contact lenses. 

Her mother gasped. Her father stood frozen. 

“I was converted into an immortal when one of the angels brought me back here. It's the only way for me to survive here, but I never forgot that half of my blood came from yours.” Taeyeon stated. “Maybe you should see how your tribe is now, Baekhyun is taking good care of them. They never killed nor hurt anyone anymore.” Taeyeon added. 

“He's twisting everything we did for the tribe, we're not going to let him Taeyeon.” Her father said. “We will do anything to take back what we built. Even if that means killing him.” Taeyeon's father threatened. 

“Dad.” Taeyeon said in disbelief. “This is war, Taeyeon. This is war.” 

“I'm not going to let you.” Taeyeon said. “Why don't you just go back to down below?” Taeyeon asked, her voice pleading. 

“We're never meant there.” Her mother said. “Taeyeon-ah.” She called before reaching her hand out towards her daughter and cupped the latter cheeks with both if her hands. “We never wanted this, your father and I never wanted this. But we have to.” 

“Why?” Taeyeon asked. “We can't just tell you yet but Taeyeon, would you let him hurt us? Would you let him take us back to down below?” Her mother asked and Taeyeon immediately shook her head. “No, of course not.” Taeyeon answered. “We will leave as soon as we finish what we need to do here, we promise Taeyeon.” Her mother said and Taeyeon sighed before nodding her head. 

“But for the meantime, please don't let him know anything about us.” Taeyeon's mother said and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I will.” She answered and Taeyeon's mother smiled before hugging her daughter. 

“You will understand what we're doing someday. Trust me.” It was her father that said this time and Taeyeon nodded her head. “But please..” She trailed. 

“Can you not hurt him? Can you not declare a war?” Taeyeon asked and Taeyeon's mother glanced at her husband before looking back to Taeyeon and nodding her head. “Okay, there will be no war. We won't hurt him, as long as you let us stay here and not there in down below.” Taeyeon's mother said and Taeyeon nodded her head thinking that it's the best for both sides. 

“I promise.” Taeyeon said and her mother smiled before kissing her forehead. 

“We will leave now, but please do see us when you can.” Her mother said and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

Seeing her parents disappear, Taeyeon sighed as she slumped herself on the couch. 

“Did I do right?” She asked herself. 

Back to her parents.. 

“You lied to Taeyeon.” Taeyeon's father said as soon as they left Taeyeon alone. 

“Why can't you trust me in this?” Taeyeon's mother asked. “What if she realizes that it was all--” 

“The curse is starting to work, she'll be on our side soon enough.” 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update! I decided to extend this story a little longer. Tell me what you think about Taeyeon everyone!