Chapter 23

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“What?” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. 

“Taeyeon, I've been with you for years. Half of our lives, Taeyeon, half of our lives and you expect me not to believe that little lie you made? You're better than that Taeyeon. Baekhyun might have believed you, but I don't.” Yoona said finally turning around and Taeyeon instantly went silent. Yoona's right, and at times like this, she wished Yoona hadn't known her well instead.

“I..” Taeyeon trailed. 

“It's okay, I'll let this pass. We lied too right? But remember that there's difference between the lies you made and the lies we made, the lies you made is to save your parents who caused you pain, the lies we made is for your own sake. If I were you, I'd better talk this out to Baekhyun before he loses his patience and look for your parents. I don't know what you two talked about, but I can see that he's holding himself from hurting your parents even when he knew that they're the one who did this to you. He's risking so much now, for you.” Yoona paused. “And if the immortals will look down on him because he's not being a good leader anymore, then I won't blame anyone but you, Taeyeon. We're sisters, but I can't risk letting someone fall. That someone who saved my life.” Yoona threatened and Taeyeon nodded her head. 

“I'm sorry.” 

That's all that she had said. “Don't say sorry, I'm just warning you. Enough with the lies, please?” Yoona said, her voice pleading. 

“I will try.” Taeyeon said and Yoona sighed. 

“Don't try, do it.” 

 

“Baekhyun.” Sunny called as soon as she saw Baekhyun standing outside the quarters, looking like he's in deep thoughts. “Baekhyun.” Sunny called again and Baekhyun turned his head towards her finally snapping back into reality. “What is it?” Baekhyun asked. 

“We found no one.” Sunny said. “They're too quick, they managed to escape before we even arrive. No signs, nothing.” Sunny reported and Baekhyun nodded his head. Glancing at the closed door, Baekhuyn turned his attention back to Sunny. 

“It's alright.” He calmly said making Sunny look at him in confusion. “I thought you wanted them here? Dead or alive.” Sunny said and Baekhyun sighed. “There's nothing we can do, can we? We'll catch them soon enough. How are the lost souls going?” Baekhyun asked and this time, it was Sunny that sighed. 

“A big number of them are already captured, only a few souls are remaining here. Let's just hope that we'll be the one to get them first before Taeyeon's parents.” Sunny said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “No one got harmed?” Baekhyun asked and Sunny shook her head. “No casualties.” Sunny said and Baekhyun sighed in relief. “That's good, keep it up.” Baekhyun said and Sunny noticed the difference with the tone of his voice. “Is there something wrong?” Sunny asked while looking at Baekhyun questioningly. 

“Nothing's wrong.” Baekhyun answered. “Right, like the pig has wings and they can fly. Better lie next time Baekhyun, I've been with you since--” 

“I know.” Baekhyun answered cutting her off. “Sorry.” Sunny apologized. 

“It's alright, but believe me there's nothing wrong.” Baekhyun answered and Sunny sighed. “I won't force it out, but you can always tell me. It's not good that you're carrying all of these problems alone.” Sunny said and Baekhyun smiled a little before nodding his head. “I know, thanks for caring.” Baekyhun said and Sunny chuckled. 

“Wouldn't want the leader to feel burdened.” Sunny said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

But, I already do. He thought. 

“Where's Taeyeon anyways? Is she fine now?” Sunny asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “She's back inside with Yoona now.” Baekhyun said and sunny nodded her head. “Does she know that you already know that it's her parents that had done this?” Sunny asked and Baekhyun shook his head.

“She doesn't remember anything about what had happened to her.” Baekhyun said and Sunny raised her brows. “Really?” She asked and Baekhyun nodded his head, he noticed the doubt in Sunny's voice but tried to ignore it nonetheless. After all, he too doubted at first. 

“You didn't tell her anything? Not at all?” Sunny asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I just figured that it would be better if she's not stressing out about this too much. I vowed my life to protect her, and there's no way I would let her be hurt. I failed once, but I'll keep on trying.” Baekhyun said and Sunny noticed the disappointment in the tone of his voice. She nodded her head. 

“Just remember that you're in danger too, not only her.” Sunny stated. “As much as you need to protect her, you need to protect yourself. You're the only royal blooded now, we can't risk losing you.” Sunny said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “I know, I'm being careful as much as I can. I would not risk the legion to fall down.” Baekhyun said and Sunny nodded her head. 

“You should go back to Taeyeon.” Sunny said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“You're leaving?” He asked before going inside and Sunny nodded her head. 

“Hyoyeon and I are going to meet up with Jessica, we're going to keep searching for them.” Sunny said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Thank you.” He said and Sunny smiled before shaking her head dismissing what he said. “It's alright, I'm just helping you. You've done so much already.” Sunny said and Baekhyun forced a smile. 

It isn't enough yet. 

“But I still thank you, noona.” He said and Sunny laughed, “It's been way too long since you called me that again, it's nice to hear it coming from you.” Sunny said with a grin and Baekhyun chuckled. “I've been rude the past years, I just realized what you're all doing for me now. Sorry if it took me too long to realize.” Baekhyun said and Sunny shook her head and her hands, again, dismissing what he said. 

“No, it's alright. Go back and see Taeyeon, I'll leave.” Sunny said and Baekhyun nodded, watching Sunny walk away, Baekhyun sighed and walked back towards the quarters, his hands on the door knob already. Twisting it, Baekhyun entered and his eyes immediately landed on Yoona who's standing inside with panic written all over her face. 

“What happened?” Baekhyun asked in panic when Taeyeon's nowhere to be found. 

“Taeyeon's missing.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update! *cries* someone made a poster for one of my fics. I'll make sure to mention that person in the next chapter. By the way, I wonder what happened to my readers. Guys, where are you? *cries*

Okay, enough with the drama *wipes tears away*