Chapter 22

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“Taeyeon..” Baekhyun said in a hurry, kneeling beside her, Baekhyun held Taeyeon's hand tightly while his eyes are fixed on her. It was like the feeling of losing her all over again, that's what Baekhyun exactly felt. Well, no, even worse. He doesn't want to lose Taeyeon permanently.  

“Baekhyun..” Taeyeon trailed, her voice hoarse and weak. Her eyes slowly opened, she looked around trying adjust to the light and noticed that she's in the quarters. Her mind is fully working well, but her body's working the opposite, she felt so weak, like all the energy inside of her had been out.

“What is it? Is there anything you need? Water? Are you in pain? What do you feel?” 

Baekhyun bombarded the latter with questions, everyone on the other hand kept watching the two. They were all worried about Taeyeon's condition and they were all worried about Baekhyun too, he went berserk just by seeing Taeyeon like that. What more if saw her completely lifeless? 

“Water..” 

That's all that Taeyeon had said making everyone in the room scramble to get her water. “Taeyeon, can you sit up?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head, “Help me up, please.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head, helping her up, Baekhyun took the glass filled with water from Heechul and handed it to Taeyeon. 

“Thanks.” Taeyeon said after she finished drinking, Baekhyun took the glass from her and took both of her hands while staring straight onto her eyes. “What happened to you?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon's mind immediately flashed everything that had happened to her earlier. 

She left Baekhyun while they were on a date, she went to her mom, they talked, she hugged her mom and she fainted. 

But why? She doesn't know the answer.

“Taeyeon?” Baekhyun called noticing that she spaced out, her face contorting in discomfort. “Is there something wrong? What happened to you?” Baekhyun asked, his voice worried. Seeing Taeyeon be in discomfort is another thing he doesn't want to see. Now, he felt completely useless.

“I.. I don't remember anything.” Taeyeon lied and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “You don't remember anything?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head. “I don't. Just our date earlier.” She said and Baekhyun sighed believing her lies. 

“Why is everyone here?” Taeyeon asked in confusion trying to divert their conversation, she doesn't want to lie, but neither she wants to tell him anything about her parents. Taeyeon's torn apart and it's hard for her. She needs to protect both sides. 

“They were all worried about you.” Baekhyun said before heaving out a sigh. “Why am I here anyways?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun looked away thinking of he should lie to her or not, Yoona saw this and decided to speak up. 

“He wanted to check on us.” Yoona said and Taeyeon raised her brows, pretending to not know. 

Even my sister learned to lie too, Taeyeon thought. 

By then, she remembered telling Baekhyun that she's going out with Yoona. Panic started filling inside her, but then, it's too late to back out, she covered a lie with another. She can't take back time anymore, she can't change the fact that she lied. To his sister and to the man she loves.

“Then..” Taeyeon trailed. “You fainted.” Baekhyun said. 

He lied too, she thought.

“Then why did you cry if I just fainted?” Taeyeon asked upon noticing the trails of tears on Baekhyun's cheeks. “I was worried.” Baekhyun immediately answered and Taeyeon felt guilty. “I'm sorry, I don't really know what had happened.” Taeyeon said, frown visible on her face. She really doesn't know what had happened she just lied to them about meeting her parents because all that she remembered  was just meeting her parents and everything after that was a blur to her.

She partly lied, that's her excuse.

“It's alright. Just.. rest okay?” Baekhyun said as he held her shoulder and kissed her forehead. “ Taeyeon nodded her head. Lying down back on the couch again, Taeyeon frowned, it's not their fault if Baekhyun and Yoona decided not to tell her the truth, after all, she pretended not to remember anything. 

She knew they just wanted to protect her. 

“Rest first, maybe have some sleep.” Yoona said while looking at her, everyone in the room including Baekhyun left them first. “I don't want to sleep.” Taeyeon answered and Yoona raised her brows. “Hey.” The latter called, “I don't know what happened to you but are you really alright? You can always tell me right?” Yoona said and Taeyeon looked away, guilt starting to eat her up. 

“I know.” She answered and Yoona sighed. “So what's wrong?” She asked. 

“Nothing.” Taeyeon answered, still looking away. “You really don't remember what happened to you?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “I.. don't.” She answered and Yoona noticed the reluctance in Taeyeon's voice, she sighed. 

Why can't Taeyeon just tell her the truth? 

“Yoong..” Taeyeon called. “What is it?” Yoona asked, Taeyeon sighed. 

“Can we go and see mom and dad?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona raised her brows. “Why..” She trailed. 

“We won't let them see us, let's just.. see them can we?” Taeyeon asked and Yoona sighed but nonetheless nodded her head. Something is really wrong with Taeyeon and she knew it, she only doesn't understand why Taeyeon chose to keep it away from her. “We will as soon as you gained your energy back. I don't want to risk you fainting again, we all got worried about you, we thought you'll leave permanently. Heck, Baekhyun went berserk.” Yoona said and Taeyeon bit her lower lip, she felt incredible guilt. 

“I'm sorry.” She said and Yoona raised her brows. “Why are you saying sorry? You never did anything wrong right?” Yoona asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Right.” She answered and Yoona sighed. 

“Look..” Yoona started. “I don't know what's happening to you, but we're worried. We all are.” Yoona said and Taeyeon sighed. “Nothing's wrong.” Taeyeon answered and Yoona nodded her head. “Okay.” She said before walking away from Taeyeon only to stop after a few steps. 

Her back turned against her sister. 

“I don't know what or who caused you to be like this Taeyeon..” Yoona trailed. 

“But I know you're lying.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!