Chapter 20

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“What? Mom?” Taeyeon asked, a frown became visible on her face.

“No, what we mean is go here and see us we need you here first.” Her mother said and Taeyeon sighed but nevertheless found in strange. “Right now?” She asked and her mother quickly responded. “Yes.” Her mother said. 

“Okay.” Taeyeon answered before turning her head to look at Baekhyun who's now looking back at her with worry filled eyes. “Are you alright?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon raised her brows. “I am. Why?” She asked. 

“Because you became silent and started doing this.” Baekhyun said as he made faces making Taeyeon laugh. The voice of her mother still echoing in the back of her head. “Oh, I just remembered something.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun stopped making faces and gave her a questioning look.

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked, his expression became serious. “I need to go see Yoona. Sister's stuff.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “Alright? Do you want me to take you to the quarters and find her there?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head, guilt gnawing inside of her. 

“No, it's alright. I can handle. Why don't you rest first and I'll come back home and make you dinner? How's that sound?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun instantly beamed a smile as he nodded his head before kissing her forehead. “Sure, I'd love that.” He answered and Taeyeon patted his cheek before landing a quick peck on the other. 

“Bye.” She said before walking a few steps backward and disappearing. Seeing Taeyeon out of sight, Baekhyun sighed as he dropped himself under the nearby tree and rested his back on it while staring at the vast lake. 

Now, he's starting to miss her again. 


“What is it mom?” Taeyeon asked as she appeared in front of her parents. “Oh, you're here.” Taeyeon's mother said and Taeyeon sighed. “Why did you make me come here? Is there anything important that you needed to tell me?” Taeyeon asked and her mother sighed before giving her a frown. 

“We just wanted to have an early dinner with you and maybe catch up after a long time of being separated.” Her mother stated and Taeyeon frowned. “You made me leave him, just because of that?” Taeyeon muttered under her breath but her parents managed to hear it making them both frown from the statement coming from their daughter. 

“Why? Aren't we important to you anymore that spending time with him is more important that having dinner and catching up with us?” Taeyeon's mother asked and Taeyeon became silent. “It's not that mom.” She defended. “And here we thought you can't choose between us.” Taeyeon's mother added. 

“By the looks of it, you're choosing him.” Her mother said and Taeyeon sighed, seeing the pained look in her mother's eyes made her feel guilty too. Yes, she's torn apart form choosing between the too, she loves her parents yes, but Taeyeon loves him too. She loves Baekhyun. 

He's her life.

“I'm not mom, I'm sorry. I just something's up that you needed me here immediately.” Taeyeon explained and her mother sighed. “We just wanted to spend time and catch up with you, I said that because I know you would not come here if we tell you the truth.” Her mother said and Taeyeon sighed.

“Mom, I wouldn't do that.” Taeyeon stated. “I may be with them all the time, but I will always come here whenever you asked me to. I'm still your daughter, you're the one who gave me life.” Taeyeon added and her mother sighed. “We know, and we're sorry for lying.” Her mother said and Taeyeon nodded her head as she hugged her mother. 

“Don't feel so bad about it. It's alright.” Taeyeon said and before she knew it, she already fainted. 

 


“Yoona?” Baekhyun said in disbelief when saw the latter munching a pizza with Sooyoung at the quarters. Hearing the familiar voice, Yoona turned her head towards Baekhuyn and raised her brows before offering him the box where the pizza is, Baekhuyn shrug it off with his hands. “What is it?” Yoona asked right after finishing her piece. 

“I thought you're with Taeyeon?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona raised her brows. “Me? With Taeyeon? I thought you two are going out for a date today.” Yoona wondered and Baekhyun sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. “Is something wrong?” This time, it was Sooyoung that asked. 

“Yeah, is there something wrong?” Yoona asked while looking at Baekhyun questioningly. “She told she'll see you that's why she left earlier.” Baekhyun said and Yoona furrowed her brows. “What? No. We didn't see each other all day.” Yoona said and Baekhyun sighed before pressing both of his hands against his face. 

“Maybe..” Sooyoung trailed. “No, she won't do that.” Baekhyun said immediately cutting Sooyoung off, he knew what Sooyoung's talking about, he knew that Sooyoung might have guessed that Taeyeon  met with her parents, but no, he can't let anyone know that he's letting Taeyeon even if he's unwilling and even if it means him breaking the rules. 

“Are you sure? It's her parents that we're talking about here, she loves them you know, and she will do  anything just to see them again.” Sooyoung said and Baekhyun sighed. She's right though, Taeyeon's parents are still Taeyeon's parents, nothing will change that fact. 

“I know, Sooyoung. I know.” Baekhyun stated. “But I trust her.” He added. 

“We trust her too.” Yoona said, her voice uncertain. “Taeyeon would never lie to us.” She added. 

Baekhyun sighed. 

But she already did. 

Why, Taeyeon? Why did you lie to me? Baekhyun thought. 

“Did she call you already?” Yoona asked breaking Baekhyun's train of thoughts. “No, I think she will sooner or later.” Baekhyun said and Yoona nodded her head. “Don't worry about her, I'll talk to her once she's back.” Yoona said and Baekhyun shook his head. 

“It's alright, give her her freedom.” Baekhyun said and Yoona sighed but nonetheless nodded her head. “Just about the lying thing, why would she even tell you that she's with me?” Yoona wondered and Baekhyun shook his head. 

“I don't know, maybe she needed to be alone?” Baekhyun asked and Yoona shrugegd her shoulders. 

“Only her can tell us.” Yoona said and before Baekhyun can speak up, a knock was heard making Baekhyun run towards the door. Opening it, Baekhyun looked around to find nobody but gasped in horror when he saw a body lying in front of him. 

“Taeyeon!” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!