Chapter 25

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"We can't do this anymore." 

"We've been dragging everything for too long." 

"The curse will take its place soon." 

"We need to conquer the world." 

"Taeyeon will do that for us." 

 


"Taeyeoniee!" Yoona called as soon as she stepped inside the living room, looking around, Yoona frowned when she saw no signs of her sister. Heaving out a sigh, Yoona was about to go to her room instead when she heard a faint grunt. Immediately taking caution, Yoona looked around the house and her eyes immediately landed on the door to Taeyeon's bedroom. Running towards the door, Yoona pushed the door open and saw Baekhyun kneeling on the floor, his right hands clenching the part of his shirt where his heart was. 

"What happened?" Yoona asked in panic, kneeling down in front of Baekhyun. Yoona's eyes widened when she noticed his face getting pale, Baekhyun on the other hand kept gasping for air. Knowing that Baekhyun wouldn't go back to his normal self any sooner, Yoona took her phone out and immediately called Heechul. 

"Oppa! Baekhyun's out of breath, go here and bring him to the quarters! I'm inside Taeyeon's room! Come! Quick!" Yoona said in panic before ending the call and throwing her phone away, both her hands held Baekhyun by his shoulders preventing from falling on the floor. "Taeyeon.." Baekhyun trailed, the veins on his neck started appearing already. 

"She did this to you?!" Yoona asked in surprise, her voice getting a notch higher and Baekhyun, with all his remaining strength nodded his head. Soon, Heechul appeared. "What happened to him?" Heechul asked before kneeling beside Baekhyun and hanging his arm around his shoulder. "He said, Taeyeon did this. Please bring him back to the quarters, I'll go look for Taeyeon." Yoona said and Heechul nodded his head before disappearing with Baekhyun. 

Looking around, Yoona pressed her hand against her forehead and heaved out a heavy sigh. 

"What are you doing Taeyeon?" Yoona asked no one. 

One problem after another, it's the least thing that she wanted right now but then this happened. 

"Seohyun!" Yoona shouted and came in a bright light showing Seohyun. "What happened?" Seohyun asked. 

"Taeyeon.." Yoona trailed. "What happened to Taeyeon unnie?" Seohyun asked and a light flashed revealing Tiffany. "What's going on?" Tiffany asked and Yoona bit her lower lip before falling on her knees. In no time, she's already sobbing hard as tears ran down uncontrollably. 

"What happened?" Tiffany asked kneeling in front of the latter. "Taeyeon.." Yoona trailed. "She tried to hurt Baekhyun." 

"What?!" Tiffany asked in disbelief. "She will never do that!" Tiffany defended. 

"She already did, Baekhyun's at the quarters now." Yoona said, her sobs choking her. "Why did she do that?" Tiffany asked. 

"I don't know! I.." Yoona trailed not being able to find the right words to say. "She what?" Seohyun asked. 

"Taeyeon's been lying to us the whole time." Yoona said and Tiffany gasped. "What?!" 

"The mountaineers, it was all Taeyeon's doing." Yoona trailed. "The day she showed up in front of the quarters unconscious, she said she doens't remember anything but she does. She lied about not remembering anything, I knew she was lying, I tried to read her mind and.." Yoona stopped, trying to halt her sobs.

"What?" Tiffany asked. 

"She found her parents."

 

"Taeyeon, Taeyeon. I'm glad you finally realized what we're up to."

Taeyeon's mother said as she walked around her daughter who's sitting at a chair in the middle of the dark room, only the light above Taeyeon's head illuminating. 

"We didn't know it would take such a strong curse to make you follow us." Her mother added before stopping in front of her daughter. Taeyeon on the other hand kept her gaze straight, shut, her eyes pitch black. She wasn't herself anymore, the Taeyeon that was with them is the Taeyeon being controlled by a curse. 

"Now, we will see if that immortal can go up against us now that we have Taeyeon." Taeyeon's father muttered and his wife smiled. "He won't. He loves Taeyeon, he won't do such things as hurting her." Taeyeon's mother said with a smile and her husband smiled. The plan's is going according to what they wanted, they managed to control Taeyeon by taking her original soul away and replacing it with a powerful curse of living instead. 

But that does not end there. 

The curse they gave Taeyeon is too dark, too dark that all she do will be for the benefit their evil doings. 

They cursed their own daughter, used her against the man she loves, and now even replace her soul without even considering that Taeyeon might die. 

That's how evil they are. But they never cared, because all that's on their mind is revenge. 

"Taeyeon." Mr. Kim called and Taeyeon turned her head towards her father, her empty black eyes looking at him too. 

"Go back to the immortals. See if they've got a plan against us, then report back here." Her father commanded and wordlessly, Taeyeon nodded her head before disappearing. 

 

"Taeyeon." Sunny gasped when she saw Taeyeon appear in front of her. Taeyeon on the other hand kept her face expressionless, her eyes landed to Baekhyun who's sleeping soundly on the couch. "Sunny.. I'm.." Taeyeon trailed, her eyes b tears. But it wasn't her though, it wasn't all her that's doing that. 

It was the curse, making everyone believe that nothing's happening to her. 

"What did you do to him?" Sunny asked and Taeyeon sighed before shaking her head. "I.." She trailed still not being able to find the right words to say. "What has gotten into you?" Sunny asked, her voice angry yet hushed. "I'm sorry." Taeyeon said and Sunny scoffed, she really can't forgive Taeyeon now. Not when she saw Baekhyun's condition earlier, she can't help it, Baekhyun's the last one of the royal bloods and it's their responsibility to look after him. To make sure that no one harms his life but then, seeing Baekhyun's condition when he was rushed there made her realize that Baekhyun's not safe, even with the hands of the girl he loves the most. 

"What were you thinking?!" Sunny asked, her voice raising already and because of the noise, Baekhyun woke up.

"N-Noona." Baekhyun called and Sunny's heart clenched, she's supposed to look after him. She's supposed to keep him safe, she made a promise to Baekhyun's father. 

"Taeyeon?" Baekhyun asked when he saw Taeyeon standing a few steps away from him. "Taeyeon." He repeated again, this time in confirmation before springing up from his seat and hugging her tight. But this time, this time was different from all the hugs he had given her.

Taeyeon's heart didn't beat fast anymore. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sundays are urrgggh *cries* it's one of the most crucial days for me T.T

By the way, I want to thank 'bestprendeu' for voluntarily making a poster for this story. I'm grateful towards this person, seriously. I'm grateful towards my supportive readers, commentors, subscribers and upvoters as well :D

It's an early christmas gift yay!

Thanks for reading!