Chapter 21

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

Running after Baekhyun, Yoona gasped when she saw her sister lying unconsciously on the door step. “Tae!” Yoona shouted and Baekhyun carried her and ran inside the house. “What happened?” Sooyoung asked clearly surprised to see Taeyeon in Baekhyun arms without any signs of vitality at all. 

“Call Heechul hyung! Tell him to get Suho hyung from the hospital!” Baekhyun ordered in panic and Sooyoung scrambled towards her phone and immediately called Heechul. In no time, Heechul and Suho appeared in the quarters. 

“What happened to her?” Suho asked kneeling beside Taeyeon who's now lying at the couch. Shaking his head, Baekhyun walked away trying to call tribe leaders in his legion, he's going to find out what had happened to Taeyeon and if he ever finds out who had done that to her, Baekhyun would surely, without any hint of doubt kill that person.

Soon, and one by one, the tribe leaders Baekhyun called arrived at the quarters. "What the heck happened?" Sunny asked as soon as she barged in inside the quarters and gasped when he saw Taeyeon lifelessly lying at the couch. "I don't know, call Leeteuk hyung, Boa noona and Sehun. Find the one who did that to Taeyeon and bring them to me. Dead or alive." Baekhyun said and Sunny gulped while looking at his red intimidating eyes. 

Nodding her head, Sunny picked her phone up and snapped her head towards the door when Kai and Chanyeol walked in a hurry. "What happened?" They asked. "Taeyeon." Baekhyun answered while looking at the latter still lying on the couch with Suho still examining her. 

"Who did this to her?" Kai asked and Baekhyun shook his head. "Baekhyun, they're waiting for me outside. We'll go find out who did this, don't worry." Sunny said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Go take Chanyeol with you, call Yuri too and ask to follow you." Baekhyun said and Sunny nodded her head before running out of the quarters with Chanyeol following her. 

Kai sighed. "Hyung, how's Taeyeon?" Baekhyun asked. "Her pulse is dropping, this is not science Baekhyun. Something really happened to her." Suho said and Baekhyun knew what he's talking about, what happened to her isn't just a normal accident. "Heechul hyung?" He asked turning his attention towards the man sitting just above Taeyeon's head with a frown on his face. 

"This is the work of the warlocks Baekhyun." Heechul said while looking at Taeyeon. 

No, her parents won't do something to hurt her. 

"But who?" Baekhyun asked pretending not to have any idea. "Her parents managed to escape right?" Yoona said while looking at her sister. "Maybe it was them who did it." Yoona said and Heechul sighed, as much as he doesn't want to put the blame to Taeyeon's parents, they're the only people that came into his mind when he sensed the dark hex inside of Taeyeon. 

Yes, everyone both warlocks, witches and immortals found out about the escape of Taeyeon's parents. 

All were terrified. Even the one closest to Taeyeon's parents before. 

"I don't know, but why would they? Taeyeon's their daughter!" Baekhyun said, the tone of his voice raising because of anger. "We wouldn't know, they can go the extent where they will hurt Taeyeon too because of their hate for you." Sooyoung said and Baekhyun sighed, he wanted to vent his anger out but seeing Taeyeon lying lifelessly there. He felt weak. 

No, he can't afford losing Taeyeon permanently. 

"The angels, can they go down here right now?" Baekhyun asked and Yoona shook her head. "I don't know." She answered and before they knew it, a light flashed on the living room and Seohyun appeared. "Seo!" Yoona said and Seohyun gave Yoona a weak smile making Yoona frown. "Is something wrong?" Yoona asked and Seohyun sighed. 

"How's Taeyeon unnie?" Seohyun asked and Yoona furrowed her brows. "You're supposed to know, you're an angel." Yoona answered. "But.." Seohyun trailed. "But what?" Baekhyun. "Her soul, it isn't in down below neither in up above." Seohyun said and Yoona's eyes widened in disbelief. 

"What?!" Yoona asked. 

"It's the reason why I came here, Tiffany unnie's in panic. Taeyeon unnie's soul is nowhere to be found, even when she's lifeless." Seohyun said and Yoona shook her head, she doesn't know what's happening, she doesn't know what Seohyun is talking about. 

"Does that mean that she's still alive?" Baekhyun asked and Seohyun shook her head. "Her soul can be taken away, Taeyeon's parents know how to take a soul away." Heechul suddenly spoke up and Baekhyun clenched his fist. "Yoona, call Sehun and tell him to find Taeyeon's parents. I want them here." Baekhyun said and Yoona nodded her head, fishing her phone out, Yoona walked away from them and called Sehun. 

"So what happens to Taeyeon now?" Baekhyun asked. "Her soul must be returned before an hour, if not, she dies." Seohyun said and Baekhyun clenched his fist even more, he felt a stinging pain but nevertheless ignored it. "Suho hyung, any changes?" Baekhyun asked and Suho shook his head. "It's dropping." Suho said, disappointment and guilt present in the tone of his voice. 

"Do something!" Baekhyun shouted and Heechul stood up before shaking his head. "It's only Taeyeon's parents that can give her soul back. They must have done something to her." Heechul said and Baekhyun slammed his hand against the nearby wall. 

I shouldn't have let her go, Baekhyun thought.  

I vowed my life to protect her, but then here I am, I can't do anything. 

Tears brimmed around his eyes, he felt useless at times like this. He couldn't do anything to save Taeyeon. 

Walking towards her, Suho stood up and stepped away letting Baekhyun kneel beside her, he took her hands and kissed her forehead. "Taeyeon, can you hear me? Wake up please, it's just.. please? Please, you're much more powerful than your parents. You can wake up, please." Baekhyun said, his hands shaking and his grip around her hand tightening. 

"Taeyeon please." Baekhyun pleaded, slowly having a breakdown. 

"Taeyeon.." He said, his actions going frantic, seeing this as a sign to step in, Heechul pulled away Baekhyun. "Taeyeon, please wake up!" He said, struggling to go back to her. "Taeyeon! Wake up!" He shouted, tears already running down his cheeks. 

"Baekhyun! Calm down!" Heechul said, his voice loud wanting to knock some sense off him. "Taeyeon.." Baekhyun said, his voice weak and pleading. 

"Baekhyun.. Baekhyun-ah.." 

They heard a hoarse voice called. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update!