Chapter 12

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

The next day.. 

Taeyeon's eyes flustered open when the clock striked at 3. Getting off her bed, Taeyeon walked towards the balcony and opened the glass doors as the cold breeze of the air greeted her, walking out of the balcony, Taeyeon glanced towards the living room's way and saw that the lights were turned off. It made her think of two things, Baekhyun might have probably still be resting on his own room or he left last night. 

No, they didn't fight but it was her that slapped his hand away. 

All throughout the night, Taeyeon kept thinking of what had happened to them. No, she doesn't sleep anymore eversince she came back from up above and became an immortal but then last night, there was something inside of her that kept her restless. It was like that dark power, the one she thought that had vanished inside of her had been ignited again. 

Letting out a sigh, Taeyeon climbed up the railings and jumped on the living room's balcony. Seeing the sliding door open, Taeyeon walked inside and saw no signs of Baekhyun, neither her sister that was living with them. Heaving out a sigh, Taeyeon walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water when she heard a faint creak behind her. 

"Are you avoiding me?" 

It was Baekhyun that had asked.

"No, why would I?" Taeyeon asked as she turned around to see Baekhuyn standing before her, a frown visible on his face and Taeyeon can't help but to feel guilty. Well, a part of her that is. 

"Because.." Baekhyun sighed. "I don't want to fight." He continued. 

"Who said that I wanted us to fight?" Taeyeon asked, again, it surprised her to say something like that. She never talked to Baekhyun that way, it was like something inside of her was controlling her and she can point out what it is, somewhat it frustrated her. 

"Taeyeon.." Baekhyun called and was about to reach towards her when Taeyeon took a step back stopping him from approaching her any further. It confused both of them, especially Baekhyun who was seeing this new things coming from Taeyeon, his girlfriend, the one he fell in love with.

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon said as she shut her eyes tight and clenched her fist. 

Before she knew it, Baekhyun already engulfed her into a tight hug. "I don't know what's happening to you neither I know what can help you feel better again but I promise to never ask you about anything again if it irritates you. I just.. don't want to lose you again. I.. don't want you to leave me again." Baekhyun said as he pulled away, his eyes portraying worry and hurt and Taeyeon automatically brought her hands up and cupped his cheeks.

"I.. I won't leave you. I came back right? So there's no way I would part from you." Taeyeon said, her eyes looking straight onto his assuring him that what she's saying is real. Well, of course it is, because after having Baekhyun in her life, she can never imagine herself without him ever again. 

The days without him was like a slow death for her, it was like she's suffocating. 

"I know.. I just. Is it wrong for me to be afraid like this?" Baekhyun asked, his eyes b with tears already. "No, I'm just as afraid as you." Taeyeon said as she wiped the tears away before it can even roll down his cheeks. "I just don't want to lose you again. I was surprised with what you did last night, I thought you're having enough of me." Baekhyun said as he looked down. 

"What? That's plain nonsense." Taeyeon defended and Baekhyun sighed. "I can't help it." He answered back.

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun shook his head. "It's alright." Baekhyun answered. 

"Are you going to do something today? Let me make it up to you." Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun looked at her questioningly. "Are you sure?" He asked and Taeyeon faked a frown. "I am, why?" Taeyeon asked. 

"Nothing, I'll just fixed myself up. Then we'll go." Baekhyun said and was about to leave when Taeyeon held his wrist. "Why?" Baekhyun asked. "It's still three in the morning." Taeyeon said while pointing at the dark sky outside. "I know a place where we can go." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon nodded her head as she let go of his wrist letting Baekhyun walk back to his room. 

Taeyeon on the other hand walked back to her room too. 

 

"So, where are we going?" Taeyeon asked when she saw Baekhyun fixing his shoe lace in the living room. "It's a secret." Baekhyun said with a grin before standing up and walking towards her. Taking Taeyeon's hand, Baehyun leaned in and kissed her forehead. 

"Close your eyes." He said and Taeyeon did. 

"Open it." He said and as soon as Taeyeon opened her eyes, Taeyeon found herself standing at the tower of the bridge at Han River. "Don't move around or we'll fall." Baekhyun said with a chuckle as he held on to her tight, afraid that she'll fall onto the river. "Why did you even bring me here?" Taeyeon asked while looking below as the wind blew against them and Baekhyun only gave her a smile as an answer. 

Soon, the metals connected at the tower of the bridge lit up in different colors reflecting in Taeyeon's eyes. 

"See?" Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon chuckled amused of what just happened. "So you brought me here for this?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun faked a frown. "Why you don't love it?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head making the fake frown real. "I love it." Taeyeon said immediately putting a smile back on his face again. 

"It's beautiful." Taeyeon said while looking down at the lights. "But you're more beautiful." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"Such a sweet talker." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun leaned his forehead against hers and stared straight into Taeyeon's eyes. 

"Just for you." She said and Taeyeon pushed him away but then held his hand before he can even fall off the tower. "What was that for?" Baekhyun asked as soon as Taeyeon pulled him back again. "Just playing." She said with a grin and Baekhyun chuckled. 

"You're being playful huh." He said as he carried her on his shoulders and jumped off the tower. 

"Baekhyun!" Taeyeon shouted while hitting his back but before they can even land on the waters, they both disappeared. 

Feeling no water, Taeyeon opened her eyes and found Baekhyun standing in front of her while chuckling. Looking around, Taeyeon found herself standing in a rooftop. an unfamiliar one that is. 

"Yah!" Taeyeon shouted as she ran after him but too late, Baekhyun already jumped at the other rooftop that was nearby. 

"You're so mean." Taeyeon said as she stood at the edge of the rooftop while glaring at Baekhyun that was standing on the other. "What? You pushed me too. It's called revenge." He said before laughing again and Taeyeon frowned as she crossed her arms. 

"You don't love me anymore." Taeyeon said as she took a step backward and Baekhyun disappeared before appearing in front of her again. "No, I love you." He said with a smile and Taeyeon walked backwards but then fell when she stepped into something. 

"Taeyeon!" Baekhyun shouted. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~!