Chapter 19

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

“Taeyeon.” 

“Yes?” 

“Did your parents showed up to you already?”

“No.” Taeyeon sighed, keeping her face straight into the vast ocean that was in front of them. Standing up, Taeyeon held onto the trunk of the tree as she stood up on the branch looking at Baekhyun who's sitting on it. 

“Oh.” 

That's all that Baekhyun could say. “Baekhyun-ah..” Taeyeon called and Baekhyun raised his brows, he didn't dare to look at her though knowing that it would just hurt him more and more to know that Taeyeon learned to lie to him. 

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked. “Would you hate me.. if.. I became selfish?”  Taeyeon asked making Baekhyun look at her instantly. “What?” He asked as he carefully stood up too. “I said.. would you hate me if I became selfish for once?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun creased his brows not knowing what Taeyeon is talking about but nonetheless answered. 

“Well, I choose to love you so that means I choose to love your flaws too. Why? Is something wrong?” Baekhyun asked as he held on the branch above his head with both of his hands and walked towards Taeyeon while looking at her worriedly. 

“Nothing, I just feel like I'm becoming selfish and hot tempered. I always shout at you for nothing, I always run away when you ask me what's wrong even if I know that you only care for me that's why you're asking.” Taeyeon stated while looking down and Baekhyun sighed, as much as he wanted to hug her now, the situation they're in make it hard for him to do so. 

“It's alright, you know what? I'll just put it up to you adjusting with your new life now.” Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon felt even guiltier. Unknowingly, tears ran down her cheeks causing Baekhyun to panic. “Did I say something wrong?” Baekhyun asked as he removed his right hand from holding the upper branch of the tree and wiping Taeyeon's tears away. 

I just feel guilty, Taeyeon thought.

“No, you're too cheesy that I cried.” Taeyeon joked as she chuckled and wiped her tears away, Baekhyun sighed. “Let's get out of this tree now, I badly want to hug you.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled again before nodding her head. 

“Where do you want to go?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun frowned. “I seriously don't know where to go.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon laughed. “Let's just stay here.” Taeyeon said while looking at him teasingly and Baekhyun huffed. “I'm dying to hug you now.” Baekhyun said with a frown and Taeyeon chuckled. 

“Let's go back to my hometown.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows. “You want us to go the the lake?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon nodded her head. “Take my hand.” Baekhyun said as he held his hand out and Taeyeon gladly accepted it. 

Closing her eyes, Taeyeon felt a gush of wind against her and when she opened her eyes, Taeyeon saw the familiar lake she grew to love. Taeyeon unconsciously smiled when she remembered Baekhyun's first confession to her there, those good memories made her feel a lot better. 

“A penny for you thoughts?” Baekhyun asked as he stood beside her and Taeyeon chuckled. “I was just thinking about the good old times here.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun chuckled. “Really? Like?” Baekhyun asked as he leaned in closer to Taeyeon and the latter pushed his face away. “Do you really want me to say it one by one?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun chuckled as he shook his head and back hugged her.

“No, I clearly remember everything.” Baekhyun said, his voice muffled by Taeyeon shoulder. 

“Baekhyun-ah.” Taeyeon called. 

“What is it?” Baekhyun asked his face still buried on her shoulder as his arms were wrapped around her waist tightly. “We have a very very long time ahead of us, would you get tired of me?” Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun removed his face from her shoulder and spun her around. “No, I won't.” Baekhyun answered. 

“But it's a long time, you surely will.” Taeyeon answered back and Baekhyun sighed. “I wouldn't be with you right now if I didn't see you being with me for hundreds of years. Yes, we may have rough times ahead of us but think of it as a reminder for us to be stronger.” Baekhyun said before kissing her forehead. 

“Did you swallow a ball of cheese and a pack of sugar today?” Taeyeon asked before pulling away and Baekhyun chuckled as he scratched his nape. “No, I just happened to have you that's why I became like this.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon groaned before shaking her head making Baekhyun laugh. 

“Why? You don't like it?” Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon chuckled. “You're making me cringe.” Taeyeon said protruding her tongue and Baekhyun shook his head. “But honestly, I'm just happy that you're with me.” Baekhyun said with a smile and Taeyeon pretended to cringe. 

“Here we go again.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun laughed. “What? I'm just stating what my heart and my mind says.” Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed before she face palmed. “Okay, okay. The ants are coming you should stop.” Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

“Alright.” He answered but before Taeyeon can speak again, a voice suddenly spoke inside her head. 

“Taeyeon-ah.” 

It was her mother's voice. 

“Mom?” Taeyeon asked mentally as her brows furrowed in the process, it didn't go unnoticed to Baekhyun. “How are you now?” Her mother asked and Taeyeon found it strange that her mother is asking her how she is. “I'm fine?” Taeyeon continued their mental talk. 

“Nothing strange?” Her mother asked. “What strange?” Taeyeon asked. 

“Nothing, I'm just worried about you in that immortal's company.” Her mother said and Taeyeon sighed, again, it didn't go unnoticed to Baekhyun. “Mom, he has a name and he's taking good care of me and if you're watching the both of us now I think you know the answer to the rest of your worries.”  Taeyeon answered back. 

“I can't do anything, I promised you didn't I?” Taeyeon's mother said and Taeyeon sighed again. “Yes.” She answered. “And I'm not going to break it but..” Her mother trailed. 

“But?” 

“Leave him now.” 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I noticed the drop of comments here and honestly, I was saddened by it.

But, as long as there are people who reads my stories then I will keep writing :D *gets emotional* 

Thanks for reading!