Chapter 4

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"I will Abba." Baekhyun answered without hesitance and Seung Won looked at him in disbelief. "Really?" Seung Won asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "If I'm different, that means you're different too. Right Abba?" Baekhyun asked  and Seung Won nodded his head. "Yes, we're different." Seung Won answered. 

"I don't want anything to happen to you and Ima, Abba. I will be careful." Baekhyun said as he raised his hand up symbolizing that he's making a promise and Seung Won glanced at his wife before giving Baekhyun a hug. "Thank you, son." Seung Won said and Baekhyun smiled brightly before nodding his head, and for the first time in a long time, Seung Won felt happy again and it was because of the boy.

Baekhyun is the son he never had but now, not only he has the son but a successor too.

"Go upstairs and rest now." Seung Won said and wordlessly, Baekhyun nodded his head and ran upstairs obeying his father's orders. 

Turning to his wife, Seung Won gave the woman a hug. "Thank you for taking him in and treating him as your own son." Sung Ryung said as she pulled away and Seung Won smiled as he shook his head. "He's become my successor, he's not just anyone anymore." Seung Won answered.

 

5 years later.. 

"Ima! Abba!" 

The now fifteen year old Baekhyun ran inside the house as he looked around for his parents, seeing his mother standing in the kitchen, Baekhyun ran to her and gave her a hug before kissing her cheek. "Oh, you're home." Sung Ryung said upon her son's arrival. "Where is Abba?" Baekhyun asked while looking around but spotted no signs of the man. 

"Oh, he picked someone up from the port." Sung Ryung answered and Baekhyun raised his brows. "A visitor?" Baekhyun asked before picking at the pot being heated by his mother and Sung Ryung nodded her head with a smile as she watched her son's actions. "So you better behave." She said and Baekhyun nodded his head and was about to go to his room when Baekhyun stopped halfway. 

"Ima." He called. "Yes?" Sung Ryung answered. 

"I'm first in class." Baekhyun said as he beamed a smile and Sung Ryung dropped the kitchen utensils she's holding and hugged her son tightly. "I'm so proud of you, I'm sure Abba will be proud of you too!" Sung Ryung said excitedly and Baekhyun nodded with a grin. 

"Of course he must be! I'm his son after all and I promised to be best at school, didn't I?." Baekhyun said and Sung Ryung chuckled, it made her remember the times when Baekhyun refused to go to school because it was too expensive that he thought it was a waste of their money. Not that his father minded it though, they were not unfortunate but to Baekhyun, he thought it was just waste because he didn't trust himself enough but after a few pursuing, Baekhyun finally gave in and even promised to be the best. "I know, now go upstairs and be ready to entertain the visitors earlier." Sung Ryung said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Ima." He called again. "What is it?" Sung Ryung asked. 

"Where are the visitors from?" Baekhyun asked. "They're from Asia, Korea to be exact." Sung Ryung answered and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. "Why?" Sung Ryung asked upon noticing the sudden change of expression from her son. "Then how am I supposed to understand them? I mean, I grew up here and isn't their language different how would I be able to entertain them later?" Baekhyun said and Sung Ryung sighed in relief before letting out a chuckle. Truthfully, she expected Baekhyun to remember something from his past but no, he didn't. 

"You will see later." She answered and Baekhyun nodded as he went up to his room. 

 

"I'm home." Seung Won announced as he entered his home, looking around, Seung Won saw his wife standing in the middle of the living room making him smile. "You're back." Sung Ryung said as she approached her husband and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Looking behind him, Sung Ryung smiled when she saw who the guests are. 

"Goodafternoon, milady." 

The two people greeted as they gave Sung Ryung a bow making the lady smile. 

"Leeteuk, Sunkyu." Sung Ryung said and the girl named Sunkyu frowned. "Oh, I mean Sunny." Sung Ryung said with a smile. "How many times do I have to ask you not to call me milady anymore?" Sung Ryung added. "But you are leader's wife." Leeteuk defended and Sung Ryung shook her head before letting out a chuckle. Sometimes, she thought, immortals can be as stubborn as humans. 

"Aunt would be enough." Sung Ryung said and Leeteuk chuckled as he nodded his head. "Sure aunt." Leeteuk said and Sung Ryung smiled. Soon they heard footsteps coming from upstairs, looking towards the staircase, everyone watched as Baekhyun ran downstairs. 

Seeing the people on the other hand, Baekhyun immediately stopped running as he gave them a bow. 

"Goodafternoon." He greeted politely making both of his parents smile, after all, they raised him the right way and they were more than proud to have him in the family. 

"Leader, is he your successor?" Baekhyun heard the man asked in a different language and his father nodded his head. "He is." Seung Won answered by the same language and Baekhyun furrowed his brows, he was confused why he managed to understand what language they were using. 

"Oh, son. Come here." Seung Won said as he beckoned Baekhyun to come closer, doing what his father asked, Baekhyun walked to his father's side. "Baekhyun, meet Sunkyu and Leeteuk." Seung Won said and the woman name Sunkyu frowned again. "Leader, it's Sunny." She retorted and Seung Won chuckled. 

"Alright, it's Sunny." Seung Won said and Baekhyun nodded his head. "They came from Korea." Seung Won added and Baekhyun nodded his head again. "So you should call them noona and hyung." Seung Won finished and Baekhyun yet again, nodded. "Abba." Baekhyun called. 

"What is it?" Seung Won asked. "Why do I understand their language?" He curiously asked and Seung Won chuckled. "Because you're different." Seung Won answered. "Are they too?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won nodded his head. "They are too, but not like you." Seung Won said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. 

"Why?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Because you're special." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Finally, I got the idea on how this story will end *evil laugh*