Chapter 10

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Baekhyun-ah." Taeyeon called as soon as she went back inside the house from the balcony, Tiffany had left already and asked her to talk to Baekhyun in which Taeyeon agreed, and even when she knew that Baekhyun won't talk about anything right at that moment. She still hoped that he will somewhat not ignore her, after all, he can't stand not talking to her for too long. 

Looking around the house, Taeyeon saw Baekhyun sitting at the couch in the living room while looking outside. All the lights were turned off and it was only the light of the moon that was illuminating the place. Taeyeon sighed as she approached the latter that didn't seem to have noticed her. 

"Hey." Taeyeon called and Baekhyun instantly turned his head to look at her. A frown plastered on his face.

"Are you mad at me?" Taeyeon asked as she took a seat beside him and Baekhyun sighed before shaking his head, Taeyeon faked a frown knowing that Baekhyun is lying. "I know you, you're mad right?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun looked down on her before shaking his head, still his face blank. 

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at myself." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon raised her brows. "Why?" Taeyeon asked. "If it wasn't for me being weak and all then you shouldn't have given me your power. You wouldn't have been facing those damn consequences." Baekhyun said with a frown and Taeyeon chuckled making him look at her questioningly. 

"And you're making it sound like it's a serious matter." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun looked at her in disbelief. 

"Because it is." He countered and Taeyeon sighed before taking his hand and intertwining it on hers. "It's not. Tiffany said that I will go back there if I break the rules in up above, you know the rules right? I should not hurt anyone, I should not risk any innocent lives. Have I done that? No, and I'm not planning to." Taeyeon said with a smile and Baekhyun shook his head. 

"But--" 

"You know I can't hurt anyone." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun reluctantly nodded his head. "I may have pained you before, but it was out of my control. It was out of anger." Taeyeon explained and it was now Baekhyun who squeezed her hand. "I know, but what if you can't control your anger? You're an immortal now." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"I still won't hurt anyone. I can't even hit somebody that hard." Taeyeon said with a chuckle and Baekhyun nodded his head. "Alright, you win. But I'm not going to let you go back to up above if something goes out of hand." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon faked a frown. "You sounded like you don't trust me." Taeyeon said. "I do trust you." Baekhyun answered immediately. 

"Then just don't bother about that." Taeyeon said before kissing his cheek and standing up. "I'm going to visit Heechul and Junsu oppa first." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun raised his brows, his hands never letting go of hers. "Why? It's late already." Baekhyun said with a frown and Taeyeon smirked. 

"Or you're just jealous?" Taeyeon teased. "It's not safe. I'm worried about you." Baekhyun answered back. 

"No, just admit it." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun stood up and hugged her by her shoulders. "Okay, maybe a bit. But I'm more worried." Baekhyun said as he pulled away and Taeyeon chuckled before lifting her hand up and caressing his cheek with her thumb. 

"So you're not going to let me out of your sight?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun looked down, before slowly nodding his head. "Can you blame me? I'm afraid to lose you again." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon lifted his chin up and planted a chaste kiss on his lips before giving him a smile. "I'll be fine, I won't do anything to make you lose me." Taeyeon assure and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Alright, I will let you go for now." Baekhyun said before pulling away and Taeyeon laughed. "You sounded like you're breaking up with me." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun frowned. "Like I'm planning to do that, breaking up with you is the last thing in my mind." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon chuckled while looking at him teasingly. "Really?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"I am." He answered and Taeyeon kissed his cheek. 

"You won't lose me again." 

 

"Oppa!" Taeyeon squealed as she ran inside the warlock's quarters. Looking around, he saw no one. Letting out a sigh, Taeyeon walked towards the couch in the living room and crossed her arms before pouting. "Oh, Taeyeon. You're here." Heechul said as soon as he saw Taeyeon sitting at the couch with a pout. "You're supposed to welcome me." She said as she stood up with a huff and walked towards Heechul giving him a hug.

"Eyy, being a baby eh?" Heechul teased while ruffling Taeyeon's hair and Taeyeon elbowed his stomach. "Where's Junsu oppa anyway?" Taeyeon asked and Heechul pretended to give her a shocked look. "Oh my god, are you cheating on Baekhyun now?!" Heechul asked and Taeyeon glared at him. 

"I will never do that." She said and Heechul cowered away. "I know." He answered while scratching his nape. "So, where's Junsu oppa?" Taeyeon asked again and Heechul shrugged. "He said he's going out for a while. He didn't tell me where he's going." Heechul answered before walking back to the couch with Taeyeon trailing behind him. 

"Hyoyeon?" Taeyeon asked. "In the club." Heechul answered. 

"You're such a lame guy." Taeyeon blurted out and Heechul looked at her in disbelief. "What did you just say?" Heechul asked.

"I said you're lame, why don't you go out?" Taeyeon asked. "You know what, you became forthright when you came back from up above." Heechul said and Taeyeon raised her brows. "Really?" Taeyeon asked like she doesn't know what she's done. "Yeah, it sounded like you didn't know what you're doing just now." Heechul said while looking at her with confusion and Taeyeon scratched her nape. 

"I.." Taeyeon trailed. "You know what? Forget it, maybe you're getting worse. You're even talking to me like that now. Tsk tsk, this girl. She doesn't love her oppa anymore." Heechul said while faking hurt and Taeyeon chuckled. 

"It doesn't suit you oppa, stop it." Taeyeon said pushing Heechul's face away. "Alright, I'm just going to get us some drinks wait here." Heechul said as he patted Taeyeon's head before walking to the kitchen. 

Seeing Heechul out of sight, Taeyeon clenched at her chest when she felt her heart beating rapidly. 

Her brows furrowed when she felt something urging inside of her that she can't explain. 

"What's happening to me?" 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Update~