Chapter 26

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Taeyeon?" Baekhyun asked when he felt the latter not hugigng him back. Pulling away, Baekhyun gave her a questioning look and Taeyeon sighed. "I'm sorry." She said. "For hurting you." She added, her voice guilty and it broke Baekhyun's heart beokr instantly. He would never get mad at her, even if she really meant hurting him.

"Hey, it's alright. I'm fine now, maybe you didn't control your hex that time. Right?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon hesitantly gave Sunny a glance before nodding her head. "But Sunny's right, even with me you're still in danger." Taeyeon said as fake tears escaped her eyes, Baekhyun sighed and hugged her again, this time it was tighter. 

"It's alright. She doesn't mean any of it." Baekhyun said as he watched Sunny threw her hands up in the air and leave them. "I'm actually glad that you're safe. Don't worry, we'll work it out together. We'll find a way for you to control that hex of yours." Baekhyun said with a smile while wiping the tears away form Taeyeon's cheeks. He smiled and kissed her forehead. Taeyeon stood there, she didn't do anything. 

"I'm sorry." Taeyeon said without even the hint of being guilty. Baekhyun noticed it but nonetheless decided to let it slide. "Why don't you go back home instead? Yoona's outside with Yuri, I think. Go and have some rest, we'll figure things out tomorrow." Baekhyun said before kissing her forehead again and Taeyeon nodded her head before turning her back away from him and leaving. 

Baekhyun frowned. It was definitely not the Taeyeon he knew. 

Dropping himself on the couch, Baekhyun rested his elbows above his knees and pressed both of his hands against his face as he heaved out a sigh. He clearly remembers everything that had happened, he clearly remembered how Taeyeon did everything on purpose. 

They were just lying on the bed, hugging and basking in each other's warmth when Taeyeon looked up. There, he noticed that the brown orbs turned into a black one, so black that he saw his own reflection, and before he knew it, Taeyeon raised her hand up and aimed on his chest and there, he ran out of breath. His heart stopped beating for a while before it pumped rapidly as his lungs gasped for air. 

Taeyeon stood up, pushed him off the bed and disappeared. 

He doesn't know why she's done that, but that alone won't make him leaver her nor hurt her. 

He's going a way to find her. 

"Taeyeon?" Baekhyun called as soon as he stepped inside the house, looking around, Baekhyun saw nothing but the furnitures neatly placed on its respective places. Looking around the dark living room, Baekhyun went around to look for Taeyeon with only the help of the moon illuminating the place. 

"Taeyeon?" He called again, his hands reaching out towards the knob of the door to her bedroom. 

"What are you doing?" He heard her voice and spun around only to see her standing at the living room with the glass of water in her hands. "I.. was looking for you." He said before retreating his hands away from the knob and completely facing Taeyeon who has a blank expression on her face. "You want some water?" She asked and Baekhyun shook his head kindly rejecting her offer. 

"Have you had dinner?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon shook her head. "I was waiting for you." She said and Baekhyun noticed that the same old look in her eyes came back. "Really?" He asked completely forgetting the earlier events just by seeing the caring look in her eyes. 

"Yes, do you want anything specifc for dinner?" Taeyeon asked and Baekhyun smiled before shaking his head. "Anything you cook wll suffice." He said and Taeyeon nodded her head, wordlessly walking back to the kitchen leaving Baekhyun standing alone at the living room. 

Seeing her disappear from his line of sight, Baekhyun sighed before shaking his head and scratching his nape. 

I must be hallucinating, she loves me as much as I love her. Baekhyun thought.

Following her to the kitchen, Baekhyun walked towards the counter and at on top of it as he watched Taeyeon cooking. "Aren't you tired? You should go to your room first and sleep." Taeyeon said giving him a glance and Baekhyun smiled before shaking his head. "Seeing you takes my tiredness, pain, sadness and worries away." Baekhyun said with a grin and Taeyeon chuckled. Turning around and facing him, Taeyeon approached him and gave him a chaste kiss before turning back to her work. That made the smile on Baekhyun's face grew wider. 

"That makes me even feel much better." Baekhyun stated and Taeyeon chuckled as she turned the stove off. "Can you please set the plates? Let's eat so you can rest." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun nodded his head as he jumped off the counter and did what Taeyeon asked him to do. 

"Anything for milady." 

 

"Taeyeon, do you want to watch some movies tonight?" Baekhyun asked right after he's done washing the dishes, looking around, he noticed Taeyeon left the kitchen already. Letting out a chuckle and shaking his head, Baekhyun went out to the living only to see Taeyeon standing at the balcony. Her face having a blank expression. 

Silently approaching her, Baekhyun stood beside Taeyeon and cleared his throat. "Is something wrong?" He asked. 

"Nothing." Taeyeon answered shortly. 

"Taeyeon about.." 

"You should rest now." Taeyeon said cutting him off. "What?" He asked not catching what she meant. 

"You should rest now, go back to your room. I know you're still weak from what I did and I will feel more guilty if you stay up here with me, rest." Taeyeon said and Baekhyun sighed. It's not that he can't do anything right? She's right though, he felt like the enrgy that had been out of him hasn't recovered yet, and he felt like his body will break down if he doesn't get a proper rest. 

"Will you be alright here?" Baekhyun asked and Taeyeon smiled a little before nodding her head. Cupping his face, Taeyeon traced the outline of his face, her eyes going back to it's normal brown color. She smiled as tears, real tears, brimmed around her eyes. Baekhyun on the other hand has his eyes closed, enjoying the warmth radiating from Taeyeon's hands. 

But in an instant Taeyeon's eyes grew black again, she retracted her hands and wiped the tears away before Baekhyun could open his eyes. "Are you alright?" He asked and Taeyeon smiled before nodding her head. "Go rest." She softly said and Baekhyun nodded his head and obeyed her. Watching him go to his room, Taeyeon closed her eyes and opened it again, it was now back to her normal color but as quick as that, her eyes became black again. 

Taeyeon groaned, a pain struck in her head. 

She tried to fight it, but the pain is too unbearable that it made Taeyeon kneel on the balcony floor with her hands gripping on the railings. She shut her eyes tight, her grip became tighter and tighter by the second and as soon as she opened it, her eyes were pure black. 

The curse is starting to eat her up, but even when her parents managed to take her soul, there's still a part of Taeyeon that reminds her of who she is. 

"Baekhyun-ah.." Taeyeon called out weakly but before she can even do anything, the curse is completely taking over her. 

"Help.." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: *cries* Update..