Chapter 5

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

Baekhyun scratched his nape upon hearing that. 

"Sunny noona, Leeteuk hyung. Welcome to our humble home." Baekhyun said as he gave the two a bow making them smile. "You know, for a royal blood like you, you were raised well." Leeteuk said with a smile and Baekhyun smiled back. "Of course, he's our son. Not only that, our boy here helps the less privilege. Aren't you son?" Sung Ryung proudly stated and Baekhyun shyly nodded his head as they all settled to sit.

"A successor needs to have a firm yet kind heart. You know that." Seung Won said and Leeteuk nodded his head. "He's perfect." Leeteuk said with a smile and Seung Won nodded his head agreeing with what Leeteuk had said. "Leader, how old is he?" Sunny asked. "I'm fifteen noona." Baekhyun answered and Sunny nodded her head. "You go to school?" Sunny asked and Baekhyun nodded his head as his expression became brighter. 

"Abba." Baekhyun called. "What is it?" Seung Won asked. 

"I'm first in school!" He said proudly and Seung Won patted his arm and gave him a warm smile. "I know you can do it." Seung Won said and Baekhyun patted his head. "I also went to the town center before heading home too, I gave some of my gold to the less privileged. Is it okay Abba?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won nodded his head. 

"Of course." Seung Won answered. "And Abba." Baekhyun added and Seung gave him a questioning look. 

"I met the princess earlier." Baekhyun said and everyone in the living room gave him a questioning yet surprised look. "You met the princess?" Leeteuk asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. "She was bartering jewelries with one of our associates." Baekhyun answered. "She's on the same school as you?" Sunny asked and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"She is noona, after all the school is for the nobles and aristocrats." Baekhyun answered. "I just remembered, peasants aren't allowed to study." Sunny said with a frown. "I know noona, that's why I pity them." Baekhyun said and Sung Ryung rubbed her son's back. 

"I just remembered." Seung Won said making everyone look at him. "You have to come with me to the quarters." Seung Won said while looking at Sunny and Leeteuk. "Abba, can I go with you too?" Baekhyun asked and and Seung Won nodded his head. "Alright, son." Seung Won answered. 

Later that night.. 

"Boa noona, Kangta hyung!" Baekhyun happily said as soon as he entered the quarters and saw the two talking at the table, seeing the boy, Boa immediately stood up from her seat and welcomed him and in her arms immediately. "I missed you!" Boa said with a smile and Baekhyun nodded his head as he pulled away. 

"Me too noona." Baekhyun said. "Baekhyun." Sung Ryung called. 

"Yes Ima?" Baekhyun asked and but then when Sung Ryung was about to speak, Baekhyun backed away and gave her a bow. "I'm sorry Ima, I won't do it again." Baekhyun said and Sung Ryung sighed before smiling. "It's alright." Sung Ryung said. "But nobles should not act that way alright?" She said and Baekhyun nodded his head. 

"Sorry, Ima." Baekhyun apologized again and Sung Ryung shook her head. "It's alright." She said as she kissed her son's forehead. 

"Leader." Kangta called and Seung Won walked towards Kangta with a questioning look. Both of them walked to the corner and only the two of them can hear what they were talking about. "Is there something wrong Ima?" Baekhyun asked when he saw his father having a frown on his face and Sung Ryung smiled before shaking her head. 

She too doesn't know what's happening but by the looks of it, she knew there's something wrong.

Not long after, Seung Won and Kangta dismissed their conversation and walked towards the others. "What's the matter?" Sung Ryung asked and Seung Won pressed his hand on the bridge of his nose before letting out a deep sigh. "An immortal was caught last week and he's still in the palace being interrogated. Kangta said that the officials are thinking that he's not the only one here. They're searching for more." Seung Won said and Baekhyun clenched his fist, it didn't go unnoticed to Seung Won. 

"Is there something wrong son?" Seung Won asked and Baekhyun took a deep breath before answering. 

"What if that immortal tells those people about you Abba?" Baekhyun asked and Seung Won shook his head. "I trust the immortals enough." Seung Won said but before Baekhyun can say anything, the door burst open and in came the palace guards. 

"Baekhyun! Run!" Seung Won said as he pushed his son away, too petrified, Baekhyun stood in place making one of the palace guards be able to take him. Seeing this. Seung Won rushed to his son and pushed the palace guards away sending them flying. "Abba." Baekhyun called but Seung Won pushed him towards Sunny and Leeteuk who grabbed his arms and dragged him out with Kangta and Boa running behind them towards the exit. 

"Abba! Ima!" Baekhyun called when he saw the palace guards take his mother while his father fighting them one by one, his eyes red.

"Run! We'll follow!" Seung Won shouted but before Baekhyun could say anything else, Sunny and Leeteuk already dragged him towards the exit and the doors closed giving him no choice but to run away too. He wanted to go back there at the quarters, fight the palace guards one by one but Seung Won taught him not to disobey orders and that's what he did. 

"Abba, Ima!" Baekhyun wailed but Kangta carried him to his shoulders and before he knew it, they were into the woods. 

"I will go back to see the leader." Kangta said right after he dropped Baekhyun on the ground. "Hyung, I will come with you." Baekhyun said as he wiped his tears away and Kangta shook his head. "It's too dangerous, you're the son of our leader and we can't risk his successor." Kangtas said with a stern voice and Baekhyun's eyes grew red instantly. 

"I will fight them!" He shouted and Kangta sighed. 

"Listen, you're a noble. Everyone knows you as his son. Do you think I can go and take them away if you will go with me with everyone recognizing you?" Kangta said and Baekhyun remained silent. "Look, I will do all my best to take them back here. So just.. please.. just please do what I'm asking you." Kangta said and Baekhyun, even when he's dying of worry and reluctance nodded his head. 

"Alright." Baekhyun answered and Kangta sighed as he ran and disappeared. "Let's go." Boa said and Baekhyun looked at her questioningly. "Where are we going?" He asked. "The leader expected something like this to happen. He prepared us a place to stay at." Boa said and Baekhyun sighed before nodding his head and following Boa. 

Now, he wished to be able to help the people he loves. 

Now, he realized how hard it is to become an immortal.

The next morning.. 

"Hyung, where are my parents?" Baekhyun asked as soon as he saw Kangta going inside the hut, bruises and scratches visible on his face. "What happened hyung?" Baekhyun asked again when he got no answer.

"I'm sorry." 

That's all that he has heard from Kangta before seeing the older man kneel in front of him, his hands clenching on his knees. "What.." Baekhyun trailed silently praying that what he's thinking is wrong. "They're hung at the town plaza.. they're.. going to be beheaded later in the afternoon. There are a lot of guard and--" 

Baekhyun ran away. 

"Baekhyun!" Kangta shouted as he ran after Baekhyun. 

He arrived at the town plaza in no time. He saw people gathering around three bodies hung on the center, Baekhyun was about to go there when he felt a hand on his arm, turning around, Baekhyun saw Kangta shaking his head. "I'm going to save them." Baekhyun said under his breath but before he can even go out of the alley, a troupe of palace guards came down marching towards them making him have no choice but to hdie again. 

"I told you, it's impossible." Kangta said. "But they're my parents!" Baekhyun said, anger clearly written all over his face. 

His eyes. 

"We can face the battalion yes, but there's a big chance that we won't be able to escape. Didn't the leader taught you to follow orders?" Kangta said and Baekhyun glanced at his parents being hung before looking back to Kangta, tears already rolling down his cheeks. "Tell me how am I going to be able to just stand here and watch them die?!" Baekhyun asked, his voice hushed. 

"I can't do anything Baekhyun." Kangta said and the sound of a trumpet can be heard all over the town plaza. "The king is coming! Get ready for the beheading of the traitors!" A man shouted and Baekhyun clenched his fist that blood seeped out of his palm. 

"They're the traitors! Not Abba and Ima." Baekhyun defended yet can't do anything but to just stand there, watching his parents get dragged towards the guillotine. Closing his eyes, Baekhyun's sobs got harder as his parents knelt in front of the people that were just watching them like it was a usual event. 

Like they really don't have pity. 

"Whoever knows who their companions are, let the kings and his associates know! They are monsters that needs to get banished!" The speaker of the king shouted and Baekhyun wanted to stay but Kangta was already dragging him away. The blades of the got raised already and Baekhyun stood there, too petrified until the people who were watching blocked his view. 

"Behead them!" A voice shouted and Kangta dragged Baekhyun away yet his eyes are still fixed onto the plaza. 

He heard screams. 

"Abba.. Ima.." He cried but it won't change anything. 

They're gone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sudden change of plans (but not the plot) *evil laugh*