Chapter 9

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

"Taeyeon-ah."

Taeyeon heard her mother calling her name for the second time, getting up from her bed, Taeyeon walked out of her room and ran downstairs only to see her parents fully dressed up, they seemed like they're going to leave.

"Yes mom?" Taeyeon asked while still fixing her school uniform. "We'll be going to our friend's house first to visit their son and will be back later tonight. Will you be alright?" Taeyeon's mother asked while helping Taeyeon do her uniform and Taeyeon chuckled before nodding her head and giving her mother a thumbs up.

"Yes mom, I'll be fine." Taeyeon answered confidently and Mrs. Kim nodded her head trusting her daughter's words. "Alright then, we'll see you tonight." Mrs. Kim said as she kissed her daughter's forehead. Nodding her head, Taeyeon watched as her parents went out of their house and left, seeing them out of her sight, Taeyeon carried her school bag and left the house too but before she can even step out of the gates, her heart seemed to have dropped stopping her from taking another step. 

Clutching onto her chest, Taeyeon took a deep breath as she shook her head even when she's still wondering why something like that happened, looking back to their house, Taeyeon sighed before closing the gates never knowing that something unfortunate awaits. 

 

On the other hand.. 

"Honey, watch out!" 

Taeyeon's mother shouted as soon as someone jumped at the hood of their car, the person who just jumped on them kept smashing the windshield sending it flying inside. The car swerved as it ran through the cliff, the person still stayed on the hood, his fingers buried deep on the metal roof of the car as his other hand kept smashing the windshield. 

"Stop!"

Taeyeon's father shouted as he shielded his wife and himself. "Leader!" The young guy sitting at the back shouted as the car bumped on the metal railings and flew out of the cliff and rolled down the slope. "Hold on!" Taeyeon's father shouted but it was already too late, the car fell and hung at the edge of the cliff. A few meters away from the rock hard soil. 

The person that jumped on the saw the gasoline flowing out of the car, seeing this as a chance. The person took a lighter out from his pocket and stared at the people inside the car. 

"Why are you doing this?!" Taeyeon's mother asked while looking straight into the person's red eyes. "Because you take innocent people's lives." The person answered. "Who are you?!" Taeyeon's father asked and the person scoffed. "Is it important? You're going to die anyways." He answered with sarcasm. 

"Who are you?!" Taeyeon's father asked. "I'm Baekhyun, the leader and successor of the immortals." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon's parents gasped. "You.." They said. 

"I will stop you from taking any innocent lives anymore, I never wanted to kill anyone but this is my fate." He said and Taeyeon's father scoffed. "This isn't it." Taeyeon's father said and Baekhyun snickered. "No, this is it. I hit three birds in one stone. See? I've got your successor here too." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon's father tried to grab his collar but Baekhyun held him by his wrist and squeezed it. 

"Ah!" Taeyeon's father grunted in pain. 

"I won't take this any longer." Baekhyun said as he dropped the lighter inside the car and jumped back up to the road. Seeing the car slowly roll  down the rocky slope. Baekhyun turned his back and a loud explosion can be heard, looking back, Baekhyun watched the streaks of flame mixed with black smoke. 

His eyes turned back to its normal color.

His work is done, he thought. 

 

Current time.. 

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" Baekhyun asked when he saw Taeyeon sitting at the balcony with a cup in between her hands, a blanket wrapped around her and her eyes deeply staring onto the sea. "Oh, I was thinking about Tiffany." Taeyeon said as she looked up and watched Baekhyun take a sit beside her, his arms automatically wrapping around her shoulders and Taeyeon instinctively moved closer to him and leaned her head on his shoulder. 

"I have asked Leeteuk hyung to take care of that. You don't have to feel bad." Baekhyun said trying to comfort her and Taeyeon sighed. "I can't help it, she wouldn't be jailed in up above if it wasn't for me." Taeyeon said as she frowned and Baekhyun turned his head to look down and stared straight into her eyes.

"I know, but you can't blame yourself. Tiffany did nothing wrong, the master in up above will surely forgive her." Baekhyun said and Taeyeon sighed before looking down. "I just want her to be back." Taeyeon said but before Baekhyun can reply to what she said, a sudden flash of light appeared and a figure with it approached them. 

"Who says I won't be back?" 

A familiar voice asked and Taeyeon's eyes widened. Abruptly standing up, Taeyeon smiled when she saw Tiffany standing at the end of the balcony. Putting the mug above flat railings, Taeyeon ran towards the latter and hugged Tiffany tightly not believing what she's seeing in front of her. "You're.. back." Taeyeon said, the smile on her face never faltered. 

"Of course, they forgive what I've done in up above." Tiffany said as she flipped her hair and Taeyeon chuckled. "But.." Tiffany said making Taeyeon's smile on her face disappear. "But?" Taeyeon asked. The drop of Tiffany's emotions didn't go unnoticed to her. 

"They said that they will take you back if you dare to do something against the laws of the up above." Tiffany said and Taeyeon slowly nodded her head. "But it's not fair." Baekhyun suddenly butted in when he heard what Tiffany had said and Tiffany can only sigh, Taeyeon on the other hand held his arm trying to comfort him. 

He just lost her, and she understands why he's being like that. 

"It's the consequence of taking her back here." Tiffany answered and Baekhyun sighed as he threw his hands up in the air and walked back inside leaving Taeyeon and Tiffany alone. "Sorry, if he's being like that. I just came back you know and he's still afraid that he will lose me for the third time." Taeyeon said and Tiffany nodded her head fully understanding what Taeyeon meant. 

"I know." Tiffany answered. "But I hope you understand the master." Tiffany said and Taeyeon nodded. 

"I do." She answered. 

"I'm sorry Taeyeon." Tiffany apologized and Taeyeon smiled before shaking her head. 

"I'm ready to face the consequences." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So I decided to cut Taeyeon's past and highlight the death of her parents instead. 

I hope this didn't confused anyone.