Chapter 1

Collision of Two Worlds: The Beginning of the End

Humans always fascinated immortality. For them, it's like a gift to live forever, they disregarded the pain, the sorrow, the sadness and the danger it might cause. They only cared about the fun and excitement of living the rest of their lives without even worrying if they age or not.

Immortals on the other hand, despised the gift they had. The fun of living for eternity was long gone for them because they know that if they reached the age where a normal human would die, they would have to move away and hide in the dark knowing the humans might make a way to hurt them. Yes, it's true they don't die but they can be killed. It had gone numerous of times, normal immortals watching their mundane family members die one by one. Royal immortals watch as their family get killed one after the other. 

It was a daily battle for all of them. The humans and the immortals. 

One seeking a way to live forever, the other seeking away to escape eternity. 

But it doesn't end that way, humans, the one that are greedy let their heart be filled with betrayal and envy. They made a way to be like the immortals. 

They are called the warlocks, the witches. 

Humans known to have black magic, it can kill both human and immortals.

And it's where the battle started. 

 

“Look, there's a kid there.” A lady with a medieval clothing came to the unconscious boy lying in cold pavement of the port. The man, who was with her came closer to the boy and saw his face full of bruises and scratches, and he knew, by the complexion of the child that he's not anywhere from the country they were at. “Let's help him.” The lady said but before she can even go near the kid, the man held her wrist and shook her head. 

“You know what will happen next if we help a human.” The man said, his voice cautious that someone might hear them. “But I am human.” The lady defended and the man sighed. Maybe, if she wasn't his wife, then he wouldn't have stopped and checked the kid. “Not humans are all like you.” He answered back, his voice stern but the lady was persistent. 

“You know we never had a kid, let's just help him. Let me take care of this kid.” The woman pleaded, her eyes b with tears. The man only sighed, he felt guilty that his wife cannot bear a child. It wasn't his fault though that she's barren but he is her husband and he felt responsible for it too. “But if this kid betrays us, I will do what I have to do.” The man threatened and the lady nodded her head, she knew what her husband was talking about, he never wanted to be close with humans after all and there, she wished that the kid won't betray them if he ever lives and finds out who they are. 

She understands her husband though, he's not human and he's going to do all that which may save his life.
“Wait, Wait.” A voice interrupted them and the man turned to where the voice came from. “What are you doing with that kid?” the man asked and the lady observed him by his clothing. She knew right there that he's a seafarer. “We're going to help him.” The man answered using the country's language. 

“No, no. That kid boarded the ship without permission and came here! He should be punished!” the seafarer argued and the man was about to go to him when his wife held his arm. “He's just a kid.” The man countered, his voice calm. “He's not even from here, why are you defending him?” the seafarer asked and the lady shook her head. 

“Compassion is shown to those people who are in need of it.” The lady defended and the seafarer chuckled mockingly. “Noblesse oblige?” The seafarer said with sarcasm, “let's see where it will take you.” He said before walking away and the man and his wife can only sigh as they picked the battered kid up. 

“They did that to him didn't they?” the lady asked her husband and the man nodded his head. “Let's go back home before the guards sees us here.” The man said and the lady nodded her head as they walked back home. 

 


Pain, unbearable pain. 

Nothing can describe what he's feeling now, his petite and weak body can't do anything but to lie on the soft mattress. He looked around and he knew he's not home, tears began to well up in his eyes as he remembered what had happened to him. 

“You're awake.” A gentle voice rang through his ears, the language sounded unfamiliar to him. Sitting up, he felt the lady's soft hands as she helped him sit up. “What's your name?” she asked, this time to the language he knew. “Baekhyun.” He answered and the lady smiled. “You're Korean.” She said and Baekhyun nodded his head. “You are too?” he asked curiously and the lady smiled as she nodded her head. 

“I am. But I live here.” The lady said and Baekhyun furrowed his brows. “Where.. did you found me?” Baekhyun asked and the lady frowned. “At the port.” The lady said and Baekhyun felt like crying again, he knew he's really abandoned now. “Tell me, why were you in the port?” she asked and Baekhyun shook his head as he wiped his tears away. 

“My father..” He said but wasn't able to finish what he's going to say. Seeing him breaking down, the lady hugged him tight wanting to stop him from crying, just by seeing him like that, she knew how much pain he went through.

“It's alright, you don't have to tell me." The lady said as she continued to try to stop him from crying. "Sung Ryung-ah.. oh, he's awake." The man who entered the room said as soon as he saw Baekhyun sitting at the bed, wide awake. "How are you feeling?" the man asked with his cold voice and Baekhyun, as a little boy he was got scared by him. "Seung Won-ah, be more gentle please?" the woman named Sung Ryung said. 

"I will try." The man said keeping his eyes on Baekhyun. "What's your name?" He asked and even when he's afraid, Baekhyun gulped the non-existent lump blocking his throat and answered the man. "I.. I'm Baekhyun." He answered and the man nodded his head. 

"How old are you?" the man asked and Baekhyun looked down before answering him. "Ten." He said and the man nodded, looking at him closely, Baekhyun knew that the man is observing him. "Come and eat. Dinner's ready." The man said and left, taking Baekhyun's hand, the lady helped Baekhyun get off the bed but before he can even step forward, Baekhyun fell on the floor and groaned in pain. 

"Good heavens, wait here." The lady said in panic as she ran downstairs and called her husband, Baekhyun on the other hand kept kneeling on the ground, the unbearable pain in his legs were too much that it made him tear up. "What's happening?" Baekhyun heard a voice asked. 

"His legs." The lady said and Baekhyun felt himself being carried up back to the bed again, feeling the soft mattress touch his back, Baekhyun closed his eyes and let the sleep take over his exhausted and battered body again. 

 

"He got too abused, by the looks of his legs, it won't heal." Seung Won told his wife as soon as they went out of Baekhyun's room. "What.. how?" Sung Ryung asked. "By the looks of him he got abused too much, I read his mind too and it was his own father that did that to him. He might die a few days if the bleeding won't stop. He got a lot of wounds." Seung Won said and Sung Ryung gasped as she covered , she can't believe that such a kid will go through all that. 

"I saw that it was his father that put him in the ship too, he battered the kid until it was unconscious and hid him on the containers. When the seafarers saw him, he got beaten up too." The man said and his wife looked down, she felt so much pity towards the little boy. 

"You can find a way right?" she asked her husband. "It's too risky." Seung Won said looking away from his wife's gaze. "But he might die." His wife defended and Seung Won sighed. "Let me check his heart first, if his heart is strong enough then I will do what needs to be done but if he doesn't--" 

"He will die, I know." Sung Ryung continued and Seung Won nodded his head. 

"And we can't do anything if that happens." 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: FIRST CHAPTER WAAAAAAAAAAAH!