Chapter 8

Love You Like a Love Song

 

It’s been 4 months since the incident.  It’s been four months since I last seen him.  A lot has happened in these 4 months.  Since the whole break up, none of the Super Junior members talk to me or tried contacting me.  Even Hyukjae oppa.  My own brother hates me.  Our family is divided right now.  I barely see them anymore because it’d be awkward between Hyukjae oppa and I.  My parents are disappointed in me because they all loved Donghae.  Sora unnie is disappointed in my decisions because she thought cheating was not the right thing to do.  I could tell that they’re all mad at me too but they can’t be since I’m still their daughter and sister.  That didn’t stop Hyukjae oppa though.  Heechul oppa made it clear that I’m no longer his dongsaeng.  He made it clear that I never show my face around SM Town anymore.  Kyuhyun tried calling me nonstop for the first two months.  After that, he gave up.  I guess he got the message.
 
I only kept in touch with Jessica, Tiffany, and Ri Innie.  I told them everything and made them swear on their lives that they will not tell a soul.  At first, they were mad at me when they heard the story from the guys.  Once they learned the reason why I did it, they sided with me.  Jessica and Tiffany were mad at Yoona.  They could not believe Yoona would do something so evil like this.  Ri Innie cried for me.  She felt so bad for me.  I really don’t need their sympathy.  They told me how the guys are so pissed off at me.  They told everyone from the company to not associate with me anymore.
 
They told me that even Hyukjae oppa was mad.  He didn’t want to have any relations towards me anymore.  I haven’t seen Hyukjae oppa in months.  They told me how Donghae changed.  He’s all cold and heartless now.  He’s no longer the warm kind hearted person he was.  It’s all my fault.  They told me that Kyuhyun’s mad at me too.  So basically everyone’s mad at me.  I got my job done right? This was all part of the plan.
 
So you guys been wondering what I’ve been up to these past four months? Well I got accepted to YG Entertainment.  It’s a long story but I’m with YG Entertainment now.  I actually really love the YG family.  They’re all so nice to me.  They’re very understanding too.  I gained many new family members through this company.  I am grateful for them.  I’ve grown closest to Jiyong oppa, Youngbae oppa, Teddy oppa, and Dongwook oppa.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m close with everyone else too but these four oppas helped me through my hardest times. Only Jiyong oppa and Youngbae oppa knew what really happened. They acted like my older brothers since my real older brother hated me.  I was going to debut with two other members pretty soon. 
 
My two members are really sweet.  I love them to death.  They’re like my sisters.  There’s Gong Minji.  She’s this sweet little junior high kid.  She’s so innocent and adorable.  She’s a great dancer too!  And there’s Choi Kim.  She’s my age.  She’s one of my best friends now.  These two girls know about what happened and they’re really understanding about it.  We were going to debut in a week! I can’t believe it. My dreams are finally going to come true!
 
After rehearsing for our debut stage, the girls and I decided to go out and eat a late night snack.
 
“Unnies! Let’s go get some noodles! I’m craving noodles or udon! Let’s go eat both!!” our cute little maknae was screaming.
 
“Yah, Gong Minji. You guys are suppose to lose weight not gain weight!” YG scolded her.
 
“Can’t we just eat this once? To celebrate for our upcoming debut stage?” she pouted at him.
 
“Aigoo. This kid. Arraso! Just this once! Okay?” hehe no one can resist our maknae’s pout!
 
After showering and packing up, we headed towards the ramen store.  We were eating while watching the news on the TV.  I stopped watching the tv then suddenly I heard Minji screaming something.  
 
“Hyejin unnie! Isn’t that your brother?! Lee Eunhyuk?! He got into a terrible car accident!!!!!!!” I felt my heart stop. It can’t be! Please God. Don’t do this to me!
 
I looked up at the TV and saw that my brother, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk oppa, and Shindong oppa on screen.  It stated that they were involved in a terrible car accident and are at the hospital right now.  I had to go there now.  I could care less if they hated me or not.  My brother was hurt and I had to go and see how he’s doing.
 
The girls went to the hospital with me since they insisted on going with me.  The hospital was packed with reporters and fans.  Fortunately, we found a way in.  I ran up to the receptionist to ask how they were doing.  Apparently, my brother, Leeteuk oppa, and Shindong oppa were all fine.  They were getting treated and will be able to go home soon.  I didn’t hear Kyuhyun’s name! What’s going on?
 
“Please! You have to save my son!!!!!!! He just debuted for barely 6 months! This is his dream! Please don’t let him die!!!!!! I’m begging you please!” I heard someone scream.  I looked over and saw that it was Mr. Cho.
 
“I’m sorry sir but we’re trying our best right now.  The accident impacted him the most.  He has damage rib cages, he lost a lot of blood, and the glasses pierced through his kidneys.  He needs at least one kidney to survive.  We’re trying our best right now but you guys should prepare yourself.” I heard the doctor explaining. 
 
I felt my world crashing down.  How can this happen to Kyuhyun?!  This is just a really bad dream right?  I can’t believe this is happening right now.  I started tearing up.  I can’t cry now. I have to be strong.
 
“Unnie, I think you should go up to them.” I heard Minji telling me.
 
I walked up to Kyuhyun’s family.  His mom and his sister were hugging each other and crying their eyes out.  His dad was sitting on a chair trying hard not to cry.
 
“Please doctor, he’s my only brother. Is there any way that he can survive?” his sister asked him.
 
“We need to find a donor who can give him a kidney.  If he has his kidney, then he’ll do better.”
 
“I can’t give him my kidney.  My wife and I are too old to.  And my daughter’s kidney aren’t great.  It’s useless if she gave it to him anyways.” His dad explained.  Maybe I can.  If it’s the only way he can survive then I’ll do it.
 
“I’ll do it.” I volunteered.  Everyone looked at me.
 
“U-Unnie. What are you doing?!” Minji asked me.  I ignored her.
 
“I’ll give him one of my kidneys.  And he’ll be fine right?”
 
“I can’t guarantee it but it will up his chances by a lot.”
 
“Then I’ll do it.”
 
“Alright. Let me go prepare the paperwork.” The doctor said as he left to his office.
 
“Who are you? And why are you doing this for our son?” His dad asked me.
 
“I was his best friend when he first got to SM Entertainment.  Even though we don’t talk anymore, I can’t lose him.  He means too much to me.  I know he means a lot to you guys too.  Please let me do this.”
 
“You must be Lee Hyejin?” How did his sister know?
 
“Kyuhyunnie talks about you a lot.  He was depressed when you cut him off completely.”  I felt bad but I had to.  Sorry Kyuhyun.  I told you to forget about me.  I see his mom coming towards me.  She grabs both of my hands and starts crying.
 
“Thank you so much Hyejin! We’re forever indebted to you! Once Kyuhyun is better, we’ll tell him about how you saved his life. Thank you so much for saving my son’s life. Thank you.”
 
“No problem. He’s my best friend. I can’t let anything happen to him. I have one condition though. Please don’t tell him about this. Don’t tell anyone I was here please. Keep this as a secret. I just ask for this favor only. Please.” I bowed to them.  They all looked at me and nodded.
 
The doctor came back with the paper work and I filled them out.  I was about to go into the surgery room and get ready when I heard my members calling for me.  They looked like they were about to cry.
 
“I guess you guys have to debut without me.  Good luck girls! Do your best!! I know you guys will do well! Hwaiting! Please tell YG president about this.  Tell him I’m sorry.  Take care of yourselves okay?  Be strong and show the world who 2ne1 is!” I told them. I tried my best not to cry.
 
“Unnie. We can’t do this without you. You’re our leader. Plus, you‘re anemic! It‘s going to be too dangerous!!!!” Minji cried.
 
“Yeah. Hyejin. What if something happens to you!? This is too dangerous. We need you. You’re the glue that sticks all of us together.” Kim started crying too.
 
“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine.  Watch, after this surgery I’ll wake up to your smiling faces!  You girls will do fine. I promise. Do your best! I’m rooting for you guys! I have to go now! Pray for me!”
 
I walked away from them and I can hear the girls calling me.  I didn’t want to look back because it would only make me cry.  To be honest, I was scared.  I knew I was anemic.  I prayed to God that night that he would save Kyuhyun and he would save me too.