Chapter 18

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
After going public with our relationship, everything’s been going uphill for us.  We were able to go out for dinner in public and we were able to hang out in public too! I love it! No more hiding. Donghae wanted to celebrate so he decided to take me on a date.  I haven’t been on a date with him in the longest time!
 
We both were schedule free so we decided to spend a whole day with each other with no interruptions.  I asked him what we were doing but he said it was a secret.  This guy.  I was getting ready in my room and I heard a knock on my door.  Minji walks in my room with a smile on her face.
 
“Yah. Gong Minji. What are you smiling about?”
 
“Unnie. I’m just so happy for you! Everything’s working out for you. That’s why I’m smiling."
 
“Are you sure it has nothing to do with a boy name Taeminnie?”
 
“Ani! Why would you think that unnie!? I told you already, he doesn’t like me.”
 
“Minji-ah, look at me.  I know you think you’re not pretty enough for him.  But he’s stupid not to like you.  You have the whole package!  Any guy would be lucky to be with you.  He’ll realize what he’s missing sooner or later.  Just hang in there kiddo!”
 
“Thanks unnie! I feel better now. I just wish he would see me as a woman sometimes.  It’s so hard.  I want to get over him but he talks to me all the time.  For now, I’m glad that he’s not dating Sullie-ssi.  Do you think they will date?”
 
“I don’t know.  Just give it some time okay?  If they do date, then he’s not worth it.  Don’t waste your time on him and find yourself a new guy.  Unnie will help you.  Kim will too.”
 
“Thanks unnie.” Minji hugged me. “Now go get ready! Donghae oppa will be here soon.”  I think I should ask Donghae about Taemin and Sullie.  I know I shouldn’t get involved but this involves my dongsaeng.  I have to protect her.
 
“Unnie!! Oppa’s here!!!!”
 
“Okay! I’m coming!” I walked out of my room and saw Donghae.  He was wearing a black and red checkered shirt with jeans.  He looked really handsome.  In his hands were a bouquet of tulips. How pretty!
 
“You look really pretty today babe.” he complimented me.
 
“You guys are so cute! Unnie stop blushing. Hurry up and go!” Minji pushed us out of the door. “Have fun!”
 
“So what are we doing today?” I asked him while he was driving.
 
“It’s a secret.” he smiled at me.
 
“Can’t you just tell me?” I pouted.
 
“I’m not looking at you right now! I know you’re pouting!” Damn.
 
Fifteen minutes later, we pull up in front of a park.  It was so beautiful and it had a very beautiful view of a fountain right in front of us.  I wonder why we’re here.
 
“So for today, we’re going to have a picnic.  I’ve always wanted to have a picnic with you.  I packed sandwiches for us.”  He’s so sweet!!!  I leaned towards him and gave him a kiss on his cheek.
 
“Thank you. This is really sweet.” I told him.  He just smiled at me.  We got out of the car and he went to the trunk and brought out a basket.  We walked hand in hand towards a grass area in front of the fountain.  He placed a blanket on the ground for the both of us and told me to sit down beside him. 
 
He opened the basket and took out 4 sandwiches, orange juice, and cupcakes.  Not just cupcakes but cookies-n-cream cupcakes with an oreo on the top!  Did I tell you guys that I love my boyfriend very much?  
 
“You made all this??” 
 
“I made the sandwiches but Wookie helped me with the cupcakes. Do you like it?”
 
“I love it. Thank you!”
 
“I made four sandwiches because I know that you’ll still be hungry after the first one.  You’re a pig!”
 
“You’re so mean!!” I punched him in the arm.  He just laughed at me.
 
“It’s okay. You’re my pig though.”
 
We spent hours at the park eating and talking.  After we finished eating, Donghae lied on my lap and I was using my hand to play with his hair.  Maybe I should ask him about Taemin now.  It seems like a good time to ask him.
 
“Donghae-ah?”
 
“Yes baby?”
 
“Are you close with Taemin?”
 
“Kind of. I’m closer to Minho. Why?”
 
“It’s because Minji has a crush on him. And I have no idea how he feels about her.  She told me that Taemin likes Sullie but sometimes I get the feeling he likes Minji. What do you think?” I heard him chuckling.
 
“Minho and I were talking about this the other day.  We know that he likes Sullie.  He claims that he’s in love with her.  But we just think it’s a crush.  We know Taemin has a special spot for Minji.  We know that he has some sort of feeling towards her.  He just hasn’t realized it yet.”
 
“REALLY?!”
 
“Yes babe. But we shouldn’t interfere.  It’s their problem.”
 
“Yeah. But I wish Taemin would realize his feelings soon.  Minji is getting tired of this.  She wants to move on.”
 
“Well, I’ll help Taemin realize his feelings.  The SHINee boys will help me.”
 
“REALLY?! THANK YOU. I love you!” I bent down and kissed him.  We were kissing for a while.  I didn’t want to stop but we needed to breath.
 
“I love you too.”
 
We spent the whole day lying at the park next to each other looking at the sky while talking to each other.  It was getting dark so we decided to leave.
 
“Baby, my dorm is that way.  Why are we going the other way?”
 
“I know. Our date’s not over yet. Part two of our date is coming up!” I just laughed at him. We ended up in front of a very familiar dokbukki stand. OMG.
 
“Remember this place?”
 
“It’s where we had our first date.  It’s where you first asked me to be your girlfriend!” He just smiled at me.  I can’t believe he still remembers!
 
After eating, we decided to call it a day.  We finally arrived at my dorm and he wanted to walk me up.  We arrived in front of my door.  I pulled him into a hug.
 
“Thank you so much for today Donghae.  It’s been one of the best days I’ve ever had. I love you. It's the best date ever.” 
 
“No problem. Anything for you babe. I love you too. I’m glad you had fun.”
 
“Call me when you get home okay?”
 
“Okay.” I pulled him into a kiss.  He pulled me closer and deepened the kiss.  He pushed my back against the wall for support.  We stayed like that for minutes.  I finally broke off the kiss. 
 
“I love how you're  always initiating the kisses now.” He smirked at me.
 
“Whatevers! Call me when you get home.” I stuck my tongue at him.
 
“Yes mother!”
 
Sigh. Best date EVER.