Chapter 5

Love You Like a Love Song

 

It’s been two weeks since Donghae’s debut.  We still haven’t made up yet.  It’s either he’s too busy to talk to me with all his promotions or he doesn’t care about this relationship anymore.  A lot of other idol girls are interested in Donghae because he’s so good looking and he’s a gentlemen.  He’s every girl’s ideal guy.  Maybe he found someone better that’s why he hasn’t made peace with me.
 
There’s still no news of me debuting soon.  I can’t help but feel like giving up.  When will it be my turn?  Everyone else is getting ready to debut soon but I’m the only one who isn’t preparing.  I’ve been so gloomy lately; it’s not even funny!  To top it off, Donghae’s on the tv screen right now.  He’s apparently participating on a show called Love Letter.  All the girls want to be coupled up with him. Sigh. I miss him.  I heard a knock on my dorm. I went to go open the door and to my surprise it’s Donghae.
 
I didn’t know what to do.  I was shocked because he’s right in front of my door. I wanted to hug and kiss him but another part of me wanted to close the door on his face.  I wanted to cry and hit him because he hasn’t contacted me in two weeks!  He didn’t even check to see how I was.
 
“Hyejinnie. Can I come in?”
 
“I’m busy. I’m about to go out soon.”
 
“Baby. It’s been two weeks. Don’t tell me you’re still mad at me?”
 
“Don’t baby me! Yes, it’s been two freaking weeks! You didn’t even bother calling me or checking up on me! You know how hurt I was?! You’re so inconsiderate! I don’t want to see your face right now! Get out!” He was surprised by my sudden outburst. Heck, even I was surprised.
 
“Hyejin. I’m sorry. I just thought that I should give you some space since you seemed really mad. I’m sorry. I should’ve ran after you. I should’ve called you. Please don’t be mad at me. I’ve been really busy with promotions too. Please be understanding.” He pouted. Grrr, he knows I can’t resist his pouts.
 
“Whatever.” I was about the close the door on his face but he pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly.  That was when I completely broke down.  These past two weeks without him has been hell.  I’ve been on a roller coaster with my emotions.  I’ve been feeling so many emotions that I think I’m going to go crazy.
 
“Shhhh. I’m sorry. Please don’t cry anymore. I promise I won’t make you cry anymore.” I cried in his arms until tears won’t come out anymore.  
 
After 15 minutes of crying in his arms, we ended up on my couch cuddling.  He was playing with my hand while my other hand was drawing pictures on his chest.  I missed this feeling.  I’m glad we made up.  I was too busy drawing pictures that I didn’t notice him looking at me.  There was something about his gaze that never fails to make my heart melt.  This was one of the many reasons why I love him so much.
 
“I love you.” I heard him say. “I missed you so much.”
 
“I love you too and I miss you too.” I smiled at him.  His face was leaning towards my face.  I felt his lips touched mine.  It started out as a sweet kiss but turned into a passionate kiss.  Yupps. I definitely miss Donghae.
 
It’s been a few months since we both made up.  Things were fine now.  We still barely saw each other now since he’s been busy with all the promotions.  He had performances to perform and he had to go on many variety shows.  Every time we saw each other you can tell that he was so exhausted.  I felt bad and kept on insisting that he goes home and sleep.  Every time he would refuse because he wanted to see me.
 
I was on my way to the company when I heard CEO Lee Sooman call me.
 
“Hyejin-shi!”
 
“Hi Mr. Lee.” I replied while bowing to him.  I didn’t notice a guy standing next to him.
 
“Are you busy?”
 
“Ani. Why?”
 
“I’m in a hurry right now.  And I have a new trainee with me.  Maybe you can show him around?”
 
“De. I can show him around.”
 
“Thank you Hyejin-shi.”  And with that he left me with the new trainee.  The new trainee was pretty good looking.  He was really tall.  Much taller than Donghae.  He wasn’t as handsome as Donghae but he had this nerdy charm about him.
 
“Hi. I’m Lee Hyejin. Nice to meet you! Welcome to SM Entertainment!” I said while offering him my hand.
 
“Hi. I’m Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you too!” Ahhh. So his name is Kyuhyun.
 
“So how old are you?” I asked him. He looked young.
 
“I was born in 1988. What about you?”
 
“Oh! Really? When?! I was born in 1988 too?!” I told him excitedly.  All he did was laugh.
 
“February. You?”
 
“Awwws. I’m August. That means you’re older than me.” I pouted.
 
“So you can call me Oppa then.” He smiled victoriously at me.
 
“Whatever!” I stuck my tongue out at him.
 
I ended up showing him around the company.  We ended up talking a lot.  He’s really easy to talk to and he’s really nice.  It felt like we’ve been friends since forever!  After touring him around, we went to go grab dinner.  After dinner, we exchanged numbers to keep in touch. I found out that he’s a big game addict and his dad doesn’t approve of him going into the entertainment business.  He wanted Kyuhyun to be a scholar like him.  I told Kyuhyun everything about me too.  From Hyukjae Oppa to Donghae.  I told him to keep my relationship with Donghae a secret since the company’s not suppose to know about it.  Yupps, when we signed the contract it stated that we’re not allowed to date at all.  We started talking about everything and I didn’t notice that Donghae was right in front of my face.
 
“Hyejinnie.” He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.  Is this guy crazy?! We’re in the company’s parking lot and many workers can see us!
 
“Umms, Donghae. Can you let go? We’re in the parking lot. We have to be careful.” I told him.
 
“Everyone left. Who’s this?” He glared at Kyuhyun.
 
“This is Cho Kyuhyun. He’s a new trainee here. Mr. Lee asked me to show him around here.  Kyuhyun Oppa this is my boyfriend, Lee Donghae.”
 
“You already call him Oppa? You just met the guy!” Donghae shouted at me.  Seriously…what is wrong with this guy?!
 
“Umms Hyejin-ah, I’m going to head out now. Thanks for showing me around today! Nice to meet you Donghae-shi.” Donghae didn’t replied.  He didn’t even look at him.  What the heck?
 
“Umms, Okay. See you later. Text me when you get home! Bye!”  
 
I glared at Donghae.  What the heck is his problem. Kyuhyun oppa is new here! Shouldn’t he be friendly and make him feel welcomed!!?  I got annoyed and walked away from him.  But he was too quick.  He pulled my arms and made me face him.
 
“Why does he have your number?! Why do you call him oppa?!” He shouted at me.
 
“Why are you so rude?! Why do you even care?! He’s just a friend!! You don’t see me questioning you when you have other girls’ numbers.  You don’t see me getting mad at you! You hang out with Yoona all the time!! I don’t get mad at you! Why are you pissed?! Get away from me! You’re pissing me off right now!” I yanked his arm away from me and walked away from me.  I heard him yelling my name but I just ignored it.  At the moment, I didn’t want to deal with him.