Chapter 21

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Today was the day that Donghae was going to Taiwan to promote Super Junior M.  He was going to be gone for three months.  I’m going to miss him but I think this is a good thing.  I’ll be able to finish our first album without him always trying to interrupt me.  I was in their dorm helping Donghae pack last minute stuff before he headed off to the airport.
 
“This is what you get for packing last minute!”
 
“I’ve been so busy! Help me baby!” God, this guy is such a kid.  Seriously, if you knew you were going to be in Taiwan for three months wouldn’t you pack ahead of time instead of three hours before your flight?!
 
“Move over.  Just hand me what you want in your luggage and I’ll pack it for you.”
 
“Yes mother!”
 
“Seriously, call me mother one more time and see what happens.” I glared at him.
 
“Sorry Hyejinnie! I love it when you glare at me.” He stuck his tongue out at me.  I was busy folding all his clothes to put it in his luggage.  I wonder if it’s going to be cold over there.  Should I pack him more warm clothes?  I hope he doesn’t get sick over there.  He better remember to eat on time and rest well! I don’t want to see news of my boyfriend hospitalized.  I was too preoccupied with my thoughts that I didn’t notice Donghae hugging me from behind.
 
“I feel like a husband going on a business trip while his wife is packing everything for me.  I feel lucky.”  I blushed at his comment.
 
“Yah. Who says I want to be your wife, you stupid fish!” 
 
“Ha. I’ll make you my wife one day.  Watch Lee Hyejin. You will be my wife.”
 
“Whatever” I rolled my eyes at him.
 
“Donghae. Let’s go. We need to go now. Hurry!”
 
“I have to go now. I’ll call you when I get there.” He pulled me into a hug.
 
“Okay. Remember to eat on time okay? You have to remember to also dress up warmly if it’s cold over there.  You also have to remember to rest well! If you’re tired then tell your manager okay? I don’t want you to overwork yourself.  Lastly, take care of yourself okay? I don’t want to see the news of my boyfriend being hospitalized in the news.” I chuckled at how worried she is for me.
 
“Don’t worry. I’ll take care of myself just for you. You, on the other hand, should take care of yourself! You’re already weak. Remember to eat on time and drink your meds on time.  You better not be working in the studio late at night.  I don’t want you overworking yourself too.  Call me whenever you need anything or want to talk to me.  Don’t feel burdened to call me.  Just do it.  I asked Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung to look after you.  I’ll be back in three months.  I have to go now. I love you Hyejin-ah.”
 
“I love you too.” We broke our hug and kissed each other for the last time.
 
It’s been a week since Donghae left for Taiwan.  We still talk to each other every night.  Things were still going well for the both of us.  I was in the studio with Teddy oppa.  We were trying to finish last minute stuff with 2ne1’s first full album.  We’ve been working for nearly six hours already and we still weren’t happy with the ending results.  It was only one song that we didn’t like how it turned out.  I don’t know why we don’t like it.  There’s something missing to it.
 
“Hyejinnie, go home. I’ll figure out what’s missing and I’ll try to fix.  Go home. You look really tired and if Hae finds out about this it’ll be my head.  Go home first.  I’ll call you if anything.”
 
“Are you sure oppa? I’d feel bad if I left.”
 
“Stop talking nonsense Hyejinnie! You basically composed and produced all the songs on the album by yourself! All I did was supervise you! Go home and rest now! If you feel bad then you should treat me out for dinner next time!”
 
“Arasso oppa. I’ll treat you out to dinner next time! I promise mommy!”
 
“Yah! Do I look like a woman to you?!”
 
“I’m not going to answer.” I smirked at him. “Bye oppa. Love you!”  I heard Teddy oppa chuckling. 
 
My manager oppa dropped me off home.  I arrived in the dorm and saw Minji crying in Kim’s arm while Kim was trying to comfort her.  What’s going on?
 
“What happened?” I asked them.
 
“U-unnie.  He’s going out with Sullie-ssi now.  It hurts too much unnie.”
 
Poor Minji.  I’ve never seen her like this.  She’s always the bubbly sweet maknae.  She’s so innocent when it comes to love.  Lee Taemin, you don’t deserve Minji.  I’ll make sure Minji finds a better guy.  He’ll be the best guy there is… you better be afraid Taemin.
 
I went over to them and hugged Minji.  We were trying to comfort her.  I knew she felt like crap.  I knew this feeling. Sigh.  After a while, Minji calmed down and went to bed.
 
“What do we do now? I’ve never seen her like this? I don’t think she can be strong when she’s around him.” Kim told me.
 
“Yeah. I think that too.  There’s no way they can avoid each other.  We’re both going to promote at the same time soon.  What to do? I’ll call Donghae and tell him about this.”
 
“Babe?”
 
“Are you busy?”
 
“No. We’re just at home chilling. What’s up?”
 
“Taemin is with Sullie now.  Minji was crying a few minutes ago. What are we going to do?”
 
“Babe. There’s nothing we can do.  This is their business.  We can’t in.”
 
“I know. But I can’t just sit here and not do anything.  She’s my dongsaeng I need to take care of her.”
 
“I know that.  But we really can’t do anything.  Taemin already chose who he wants.  So just let it be.  It’ll get better. I promise.”
 
“Fine. I’m going to go find Minji a boyfriend.  Someone who’s way better than Taeminnie!” I heard him laughing on the other line.
 
“My girlfriend is so childish.”
 
“Whatever Donghae. I just wanted to tell you that. I’m actually tired so I don’t feel like talking tonight.  Good night and sweet dreams! You better dream of me! I love you!”
 
“I love you too. And sweet dreams.  Don’t worry too much about this okay? Night.”
 
I decided that night that I’m going to help Minji get over Lee Taemin.