Chapter 22

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Minji’s POV
 
When I heard the news from Taemin oppa that him and Sullie-ssi are dating, I felt my heart break into pieces.  I felt like something stabbed me in the heart over and over.  Oppa, will you ever see more than a friend. I felt my phone vibrating.
 
Minji-ah. Thank you for everything.  It’s because of you that I’m with Sullie now! Thank you so much ^^  Oppa will treat you out for sweets and buy you lots of Gundams!  Anyways, I thought you should know that you’re the bestest best friend anyone can ask for! I hope we can remain friends forever.
 
Taemin oppa
 
Sigh.  Is that all I am to you Taemin oppa? A friend?  Can’t you see me as more then a friend?  I don’t want sweets or Gundams.  All I want is for you to see me as a woman.  I don’t think I can remain friends with you anymore.  It’d be hard for me to move on if we still talked.  Sorry oppa.  I can’t talk or see you anymore.  It would hurt too much.  From now on, I’m going to get over you oppa.  Just watch and see.
 
Taemin’s POV
 
I was waiting for my phone to ring.  I was waiting for Minji to text me back.  Usually she would text be back within minutes but it’s been ten minutes!  Maybe she’s sleeping already?  Should I call her? No…I think I’ll just wait for her to text me back.
 
“Taeminnie, why are you staring at your phone like that?” I heard Minho hyung asking me. I stared at him and he was sitting there reading a book.
 
“I’m not staring at my phone.  What are you smoking hyung?”
 
“I’ve been studying for the last few minutes and all you’re doing is looking at your phone.  Are you expecting a phone call?” he told me still not looking up at me.
 
“Ani hyung, I’m expecting a text.”
 
“From? Sullie?”
 
“Ani.” This caused hyung to stop reading and look at me.
 
“Who then?”
 
“M-Minji” 
 
“Why are you waiting for Minji’s text? Shouldn’t you be waiting for your girlfriend’s instead?”
 
“It’s just that usually Minji replies within minutes.  She hasn’t responded and I’m just wondering if anything happened to her or why she’s not responding.”
 
“Lee Taemin. Are you sure you’re with the right girl?”
 
“What are you talking about hyung? Of course, I love Sullie.  Minji’s just my best friend.  That’s all.”
 
“Alright then.  You better not regret your decision.” Seriously, what is hyung talking about.
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“Nothing. I’m going to bed now. I’m tired. Night Taemin. Just let Minji be. She’s probably tired.”
 
“Okay.”  I couldn’t help but wonder what hyung meant by I better not regret decision.  I only had one choice and that was to be with Sullie.  Sullie makes me happy.  I’ve liked her for the longest time now and we’re finally together.  I should be happy! But why does hyung look so skeptical about this relationship?  Ahhhh. Minji why aren’t you responding?!
 
Minji’s POV
 
It was the day of our comeback.  We finally released our first full album.  All our songs made it to the top 20! Can you believe it?! All of our songs! I’m so proud of unnie and Teddy oppa! It’s all thanks to their hard work!  I was too busy being happy to notice someone is in front of our dressing room.  It’s the person that I’ve been avoiding for the last two weeks.  It was him.
 
“Gong Minji. Why are you avoiding me? It’s been two weeks now? Did I do something to offend you?”
 
“Nothing’s wrong oppa. It’s just I’ve been so busy with rehearsals and recordings.  Sorry oppa.”
 
“Then can we hang out after this? I miss you Minji.  Plus, I’ll treat you out since I promised you last time.  So what do you say?” Lee Taemin are you an idiot? Why would I want to? I’m trying to get over you!
 
“I can’t oppa.”
 
“Why? I thought you said you weren’t avoiding me!”  What do I say now?! Think quick Minji-ah.
 
“It’s not that oppa.  It’s because I’m meeting someone else after this.”
 
“Who?” Stop asking me questions!  What do I say now? 
 
“My b-boyfriend.” . Why did I just say that?!  I looked at Taemin and he looked shock. “That’s why oppa I can’t talk to you as often.  My boyfriend will misunderstand.  Sorry. I have to go now oppa. Bye.”
 
Mother of Shisus.  What did I get myself into?! Gong Minji, you are so dead meat.