Chapter 35

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Donghae’s POV
 
It’s the day of the second day of Super Show 3.  I don’t know why I’m so nervous today.  I wasn’t nervous yesterday… I was perfectly fine yesterday.  Today I was scared… I felt like I was going to crap in my pants.  Why am I so scared?  It’s because Hyejin’s going to be here today.  That’s why I’m so nervous and scared. 
 
This past month I’ve been thinking a lot about our relationship.  Hyejin and I have been going out for nine years now.  Nine wonderful years if you minus all the drama we faced.  I felt very lucky that I have her by my side.  I can’t even imagine myself with any other girl in this world.  I’ve always knew she was the one for me when I first saw her at that dance class.  The way she bit her lips to prevent herself from crying when the bully was teasing her. I knew from that moment that I wanted her in my life.  I wanted her to be mine.
 
Here we are nine years later and our relationship is still growing stronger.  I realized that she’s the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with.  That is why I’m going to propose to her today at the concert.  I prepared a special stage for her.  I made sure her whole family approved of it first though.  I went to her parents and asked for their permission for their daughter’s hand in marriage.  I then asked Hyukjae and Sora noona for their permission.  I told my mom about this proposal and she was thrilled.  She said that she wants Hyejin to be her daughter-in-law.
 
“Hyung. We’re about to go on. Good luck today!” I heard Kyuhyun telling me.  All the members are aware of tonight’s proposal.  They’re all excited for me and hopes everything turns out well.
 
“Hae, you can do it! Make us proud and good luck.” Teukie hyung told me.  I felt less nervous.
 
“Hae, you’re not even proposing yet! Stop worrying. You’ll be fine.” Heechul hyung said. 
 
“Guys, get ready. Showtime in five minutes.” the PD told us.
 
The concert started and everything was going smoothly.  I saw Hyejin in the crowd and she looked beautiful.  She was singing and dancing along with us.  Her members, Seulgi, Ri In, Tiffany, and Jessica were there with her. 
 
“Hae, it’s time. Good luck! Make us proud!” the guys patted my back.  I guess it’s time to make you my wife Lee Hyejin.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
The concert so far has been great!  The guys were filled with energy and they were amazing on stage! They are so charismatic! Especially my Donghae.  He looked hot on stage.  My favorite performance was the Eunhae’s duet “I Wanna Love You” OMGoodness. DONGHAE WITHOUT A SHIRT = heaven.
 
We were waiting for the next act to come on and our attention was turned to the LCD screen.  I looked at the screen and realize that it was a slide show of Donghae and I.  What’s going on?  Is Donghae’s solo next? I don’t remember hearing about this.  Then out of nowhere my song “YOU & I” starts playing.  Wait. Is Donghae going to sing this song?
 
He comes out on stage wearing a white tux.  He looked really handsome.  He looks at me and sings:
 
No matter what happens.
Even when the sky is falling down.
I’ll promise you that I’ll never let you go.
 
He starts walking closer to me and comes down stage and pulls me to go on stage with him.  He takes me to the center of the stage in front of the whole crowd.
 
You and I together
It’s just feel alright. 
I will never leave you and no matter what anybody says, I’ll be there to protect you.
You and I together, don’t ever let go of my hands.
I’ll never say goodbye to you even when this world ends.
 
Just you and I 
Forever and ever…
 
He sang to me while still holding my hand.  What’s going on?  What’s the special occasion.  The music stopped.
 
“Hyejin-ah” I heard him say.  The crowd is going wild. “You know I love you right? We’ve been together for nine wonderful years now. And I know there’s plenty of more wonderful years to come. I knew I love you ever since the day I first saw you.  I knew you were the one that I wanted to be with.  I knew you were the one for me.” 
 
Where is he going with this?  He looked at me and smiled.  He took both my hands and kissed it.  He got down on one knee.  I felt my heart stopped.  He pulled out a box and in front of me was a beautiful ring.
 
“I love you Hyejin-ah.  Always have and always will.  I want you to be the first person I wake up to and the last person I see before the day ends.  You’re the only person that I want to spend the rest of my life with.  Lee Hyejin, will you marry me?”
 
I was shocked.  Was this the reason why he wanted me to come to the concert so bad?!  I had tears in my eyes.  I don’t know why I’m feeling so emotional right now.  I heard the fans screaming and cheering.  I heard them screaming “Say yes to oppa.”  I looked at him and he gave me a nervous smile.
 
“Yes. I’ll marry you.” I told him.  He stood up and pulled me into a tight hug.  He spun me around and finally put me down.  He placed the ring on my finger and pulled me into another hug.  He broke it and pulled me into a passionate kiss.  After of few minutes of kissing, he broke the kiss.  Our foreheads were touching each other.
 
“I love you Hyejin.  You just made me the happiest and luckiest man in the world.” I smiled at his sweet words. We were too busy in our own little world to notice the fans screaming and cheering for us. 
“I love you too Lee Donghae.” 
 
“Didn’t I tell you that you were going to be Mrs. Lee Donghae one day?” I smiled at him and hugged him.
 
Yupps. I am going to Mrs. Lee Donghae.  Donghae-ah, thank you for loving me and making me the happiest girl in this world.  Thank you for not giving up on our love.  I promise to love you forever and always.  And I will keep that promise for the rest of my life. I can’t wait to start the next chapter of our lives together.