Chapter 4

Love You Like a Love Song

 

In a few weeks Donghae will be debuting with 11 other members in a band called Super Junior.  He’ll be debuting with Leeteuk Oppa, Kangin Oppa, Heechul Oppa, Hangeng Oppa, Yesung Oppa, Sungmin Oppa, Eunhyuk Oppa (that’s Hyukjae’s stage name!), Siwon Oppa, Kibum Oppa, Shindong Oppa, and Ryeowook Oppa! I know… that’s a lot of members!  But I’m really happy for all of them! They’ve worked so hard to get to where they are!
 
There’s no sign of me debuting soon.  It’s fine though. As long as my brother’s and my boyfriend’s dreams are coming true then I’ll be fine.  Junsu Oppa is in a band with 4 other members.  They’re really talented too!  SM sure knows how to pick their talents!  Tiffany and Jessica are going to be in a group with 7 other members.  I’m happy for the girls!  Ri Innie is training to be a soloist!  I’m so excited for her!!!  Oh yeah, her and Junsu still didn’t make up since that incident with the chips.  It’s been a year now.  So sad huh?  I want them to get together.  I guess that’s not happening soon.  
 
It’s the day before Donghae’s debut.  I went to the company with food knowing Donghae will be here practicing.  I knew that he probably didn’t eat yet since he’s too focused in perfecting everything.
 
“Hyejinnie! What are you doing here?” I saw Tiffany and Jessica walking towards me.
 
“I was looking for Donghae. I brought him food.” I saw the girls pouting.
 
“You brought him food but not us?” Tiffany continued pouting.
 
“I’ll treat you girls out for a late night snack after this!”
 
“YAY!” they cheered. 
 
“Do you know what room Donghae is in?”
 
“I think he’s in the last room.” Jessica told me.
 
“Okay. Thanks. I’ll call you when I’m done and we can go eat.”
 
“Okay.” I walked away from them.  I walked towards the last room.  I hope he’s in there.  I really missed him.  I haven’t seen him in 2 weeks.  He’s been so busy with practicing and I didn’t want to disturb him.  He worked so hard for this.  I expected to see him dancing in the room with a few of s when I walked in the room.  Instead, I saw him sitting on the floor eating kimbap with Im Yoona.  Yoona is going to debut in Tiffany’s and Jessica’s group.  She’s every guys' ideal girl.  She’s tall, beautiful, and natural.  Every guy wanted her.  Every girl was envious of her.  I couldn’t help but feel jealous at the sight in front of me.  I knew Yoona had a crush on Donghae.  She made it clear to me since day one that she’s going to get Donghae.  You can tell that we don’t get along with each other.  She always gave me a hard time.  I didn’t let Donghae know about it though.  Even if I did, I don’t think he’ll believe me.
 
Everyone thought Yoona was an angel.  No one would believe behind her angel like face was a .  Only Ri Innie, Jessica, and Tiffany knew about her true form.  They disliked her.  Jessica and Tiffany only put up with her because she’s going to be their group member.
 
“Hyejin? What are you doing here?” Donghae’s voice snapped me back to reality.
 
“I thought you were going to be hungry since you’re still practicing.  I brought you a late night snack but I guess you’re not hungry. Umms, I’m going to head out now. I promised Tiffany and Jessica that I’d treat them out. Ums, bye Donghae. Call me when you’re done with practice.” I left before he could reply.  
 
I don’t know why my heart felt so heavy.  When you see Yoona and Donghae together, they look so perfect.  It’s like a match in heaven.  I can’t help but feel so sad and jealous. Sigh. I took my phone out and dialed Tiffany’s number.
 
“Hey. I’m done. Meet me in the front.”
 
“Okay. That was quick. What happened?”
 
“I’ll tell you later. Bye.”
 
“Bye.” Sigh. I just hoped that he would chase after me.  I guess he’s not.  I can’t help but feel sad.  Maybe he secretly has feelings for Yoona.  They looked really close.  He was smiling and looked really happy when he was with her.
 
“Hey. We just saw you like five minutes ago.  What happened?” I heard Tiffany’s voice.  I didn’t have to say anything. Just the look of my face told them everything.
 
After hanging out with the girls and telling them everything, I felt a little better.  I still felt sad because it’s been two hours and he still didn’t call me.  I was hoping that he would go check up on me.  I can’t help but feel insecure.  This isn’t the first time that Yoona came in the picture.  Why does he have to be so dense? Why can’t he see that his own girlfriend is insecure and jealous. Sigh.  That night I went to bed with an empty heart.