Chapter 31

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
I was on my way to the SM building because the guys were getting ready for their Super Show 3.  I haven’t seen Donghae in days because he’s been practicing til the morning to perfect everything.  I didn’t have any schedule today so I decided to visit the guys.  Kim tagged along with me because she wanted to see Hyujkae oppa.  We were about to walk in the building when I heard someone calling my name.  I turned around and it was Yoona.
 
“Can we talk?” I nodded my head and was about to walk to her but Kim pulled my arm.
 
“What are you doing? Why are you going with her? What if she kidnaps you again?!”
 
“Don’t worry. I won’t do anything.  I just need to talk to her.  I promise.  She’ll be back within ten minutes. If not, just come back here and get her.”
 
“Kim, I’ll be fine.  I’ll see you in ten minutes. Go up first.” I assured Kim.  Kim looked at me skeptically but still walked into the building.
 
“Can we go by the coffee shop near the building.  I promise you it’ll be quick.  I won’t do anything.”
 
“Alrights. Let’s go.” We arrived at the coffee shop. “So what do you need to talk to me about.”
 
“I’m sorry. I’ve realized my mistake.  I’m sorry for all the problems I caused for you and Donghae oppa.  I’m sorry for trying to break you and Donghae oppa up.  I’m sorry for hiring someone to kidnap you.  I’m sorry for getting other people to  break you guys up.  I’m sorry for everything Hyejin-ssi.  When I found out that you didn’t want to turn me in to the company, I realized that you’re a great person.  I’m sorry for anything.  I’ve come to realize that I should give up on Donghae oppa.  No one can ever break you guys apart.  You guys are soul mates.  I should’ve acknowledge this long ago.  Sorry.”
 
I was shocked.  Should I forgive her?  I think I should let it go.  It’s all in the past right?
 
“It’s okay Yoona-ssi.  It’s all in the past now.  Don’t worry about it.  Let’s just forget about everything and start over. Okay?” I put my hand out for her to shake it.  She shook my hand.  I knew we were going to be okay from now on.
 
“Can I call you unnie?” 
 
“Yes you can.” I smiled at her.
 
“Thanks unnie. You should go to Donghae oppa now.  He’s probably wondering where you left. Bye unnie! I’ll see you around.”
 
Donghae’s POV
 
We were going over choreo for A Man in Love.  We wanted everything to be perfect. The song ended and Kim entered the room.  Where’s Hyejin? I thought she was coming with Kim.  I looked around to see if she’s here but she’s not.  Where could she be? 
 
“Where’s Hyejin? I thought she was coming with you?” I asked Kim.  She looked really nervous.  Did something happen to her? “Where is she, Kim?”
 
“We met Yoona in the front and she wanted to talk to her.  So they’re talking right now.”
 
“Are you crazy?! Have you’ve forgotten what Yoona did to my sister?!” Hyukjae screamed.
 
“She said she wasn’t going to do anything! She said if she wasn’t back in ten minutes then go find her!”
 
“Why are you guys yelling at each other?” Hyejin entered the room.  I ran over to here and grabbed her by the shoulders.  I scanned her head to her toes to see if anything was wrong with her.  I heard her giggling.  “Don’t worry. Yoona didn’t do anything. We made peace and we’re friends now.”
 
“Are you sure she’s not planning something?” I asked her.
 
“De.  She seem really sincere.  So don’t worry about it anymore.  We decided to let go of the past and she said she was ready to let you go.” She smiled at me.  I pulled her into a hug.  I missed her.  It’s been way too long since I’ve last seen her.  Yes, I know I’m exaggerating since it’s only been a few days.
 
“You’re going to stay here until we’re done right?” 
 
“De. Do you want me to? I have no schedules today or tomorrow so I can if you want.”
 
“ I want you too. I miss you.”
 
“I miss you too.”
 
“Get a room! You guys make me sick!” I heard Heechul hyung teasing us.
 
“At least he shows how he feels about her unlike some other.” Kim said while she was eyeing Hyukjae.  Uh oh. I sense a war coming.  Hyukjae just ignored what Kim said and walked over to the corner to sit.  He took out his ipod and place the earphones in his ears.  “.”
 
“Where’s Minji?” I asked Hyejin.
 
“She’s at home.  She didn’t feel like coming today.  She still doesn’t want to see Taemin.”
 
“Still? It’s been a while now.  Does she still have feelings for him? What happened to Gikwang?”
 
“She says she doesn’t have feelings for him anymore but I think she does.  Why else would she not want to see him.  Her and Gikwang decided to end their fake relationship because Gikwang has a girl that he likes.”
 
“I see.  Does Taemin know that Minji is single now?”
 
“I don’t think so.  She hasn’t been talking to him.  That last time she talked was when she called him to ask for Jessica’s number to contact me. And that was weeks ago.”
 
“Interesting.” I felt her hugging me and she had a sly smile on her face.  What is she up to?
 
“Oppa.” she said to me sweetly. Oppa?! Since when did she call me oppa?!  She said she hated calling me that. “What do you know?” I knew it!
 
“Yah. Just because you call me oppa doesn’t mean that I’m going to tell you anything!” 
 
“Oppa. Can’t you just tell me?” She pouted at me.  Aish. This girl.  “Can’t you tell Mrs. Lee Donghae what you know?” Oh my Siwon.  This girl is going to be the death of me.
 
“Fine Fine.  I was talking to Minho last night and he told me how Taemin broke up with Sullie because he doesn’t feel happy when he’s with her.  He feels like something is missing.  When he’s with Minji, he feels complete.  Don’t tell Minji or anyone.  I don’t know what he’s going to do.  So let’s not interfere and let it be.” She smiled at me.
 
“Finally. He better make a move! I’m going to give him a week or else I’ll interfere!”
 
“Babe. This is their problem.  Just let it be. Okay?”
 
“Alright.” she pouted at me.  I pecked her lips.
 
“Guys let’s get back to practicing now!!!!!” Leeteuk shouted.
 
“I have to go practice now babe.  Enjoy the show.” I winked at her and ran towards the guys.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
It’s been two hours since the guys have been practicing and I’m getting hungry.  I decided to go to the liquor store and get some snacks.  I told the guys that I’m going to go out and get some snacks.  They told me to be careful.  I was waiting for the elevator door to open and once it opened, I saw Seulgi unnie inside it.  She was crying.  I wonder what happened?
 
“Unnie? Are you okay?” I asked her.
 
“De. It’s just I don’t know what to do anymore.”
 
“What’s wrong unnie?”
 
“Are you busy? Can we talk?”
 
“I’m not busy. I was going to go get snacks but it can wait. Let’s go to the coffee shop near here.”  We walked to the coffee shop.  “What’s wrong unnie?”
 
“It’s Yunho oppa.” she started tearing up.  “I don’t think he likes me anymore.  He doesn’t talk to me as much anymore.  I know he’s been so busy with all his schedules but sometimes I feel like he neglects me.  I decided to surprise him today and I saw him with Stephanie-ssi.  They look really close and you should’ve seen the way he looks at her.  It was how he use to look at me.”
 
“Did oppa see you?”
 
“No. I left before he could see me. I think I should break it off with him.  I feel like I should give up.  It’s pointless holding onto this relationship. I’m just hurting myself this way.  I keep telling myself that everything will get better but everything’s still the same.” I didn’t know what to tell her.  I felt so bad for unnie.  She really loves oppa.  Oppa, what’s going on? Why are you acting like this?
 
“Unnie, if that’s what you really want then I support you unnie.  There’s plenty of other guys out there.  I know it’ll be hard at first but you’ll move on.  I believe in you. You’re a strong girl unnie.  If you need anything, feel free to call me.”
 
“Thanks Hyejinnie.  I feel better now. I have to go now because I have a schedule in an hour.  I’ll treat you out for dinner later. Bye.”
 
Poor unnie. Why is everyone experiencing a heartbreak?! Why can’t everyone be happy? Sigh. I wish I can do something to help her.  I walked to the liquor store to finally get my snacks.  They had so many selections! I couldn’t choose so I ended up buying one of each.  Donghae’s right… I am a pig. Sigh. Mr. Yang is going to kill me! I’m suppose to be losing weight not gain.  It won’t hurt anyone if he doesn’t know right? Huhuhuhu.  I paid for the snacks and walked back to the studio.  The guys were all sitting on the floor resting while Kim was seated far away from Hyukjae oppa.  Aish! Are they mad at each other?! Another couple dilemma?!
 
“What took you so long Hyejinnie?” Kyuhyun asked me.
 
“I ran into Seulgi unnie and we talked for a bit.”
 
“Seulgi was here?  Was she here to see Yunho?” Siwon asked me.
 
“De. But he wasn’t here.” I lied to him.
 
“I see.”
 
“What’d you buy?” Kim asked me.
 
“I couldn’t decide what to get so I bought one of each snack.” I smiled at them sheepishly.  The guys started laughing.
 
“You’re such a pig! I shouldn’t have asked what you got!” Kim teased me.
 
“Poor Donghae hyung.  He’s going out with a pig.” Kyuhyun told me while shaking his head.
 
“I’m not a pig! I just like to eat.”
 
“Which means you’re a pig.” Kyuhyun smirked at me.
 
“Yah. Lee Donghae! Hyunnie’s making fun of me! Aren’t you going to do anything about it!?” I pouted at him. He just laugh at my childish antics.
 
“He’s right though.  I’m dating a pig.”
 
“I hate you.” I glared at him. I glared at all the guys in the room. “You guys . I’m not going to share my snacks with you! I’m going home and I’m going to eat with Minji! Good night!” I walked out of the room.  Jerks. Am I really a pig?
 
I was waiting for the elevator to open so I checked my phone to see if unnie called me.  I was worried about her. I hope she doesn’t do anything stupid.  The door opened and I saw Yunho oppa there. 
“Hi Hyejin. What are you doing here? Were you here to see Donghae?” he asked me.
 
“De. But they’re being mean to me so I’m going home.” I told him. He just laughed. “It’s not funny! They called me a pig!” I pouted.
 
“It’s okay. Girls with an appetite are attractive.” Yunho oppa tried to comfort me. “Seulgi loves to eat a lot.  Sometimes I wonder if she eats more than I do.”  Should I ask him about unnie?
 
“That’s cute.  How are things with you and unnie?”
 
“It’s okay.  I feel like we’re drifting apart.  We haven’t been talking much lately.  We’ve both been so busy and we don’t have the time to see each other anymore.  I think I’m losing feelings for her and I think I’m beginning to like someone else.”  I guess unnie was right.  I guess it’s time for her to move on.
 
“I see. So what are you going to do now?”
 
“I don’t know. I’ll just see what happens.”
 
“I don’t think it’s fair for unnie that you’re still with her but you lost feelings for her and like someone else.  You’re just giving unnie false hope.  You should let her move on.”
 
“I know. I just don’t know how to break it to her.”
 
“Just do it.  Unnie will understand.” The elevator stopped at the lobby.  We both got off. “I have to go now oppa. Just don’t give unnie false hope, oppa. You should let her move on if you don’t feel that way anymore. I know I said that to you already but that’s what I think. Bye oppa.”
 
Yunho’s POV
 
I thought about what Hyejin said.  She’s right.  I shouldn’t lead Seulgi on when I know that I have feelings for Stephanie.  I don’t know how it happened but I just started having feelings for her.  She’s so passionate about dancing and I love that about her.  She’s the perfect girl for me.  I decided to break it off with Seulgi.  I dialed her number.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“Are you busy? Can we talk?”
 
“De. Where do you want me to meet you?”
 
“I’ll come to your dorm. Are you home?”
 
“De. I’m home.”
 
“I’ll be there in fifteen minutes.” Sorry Seulgi.  I have to let you go now. 
 
I finally got to her dorm and knocked on her dorm.  She opened it and invited me in.  We sat on her couch and she didn’t look at me and she was playing with her fingers nervously. We didn’t say anything to each other at all.  I decided to break the silence.
 
“Seulgi-ah, I don’t think this is working out anymore.”  I looked at her.  She stopped playing with her hands and she looked at me.  I couldn’t read the expression she had on.  Her eyes gave no emotions away.  “I lost feelings for you and I started liking someone else. I’m really sorry.  I hope we can still be friends.” Really Yunho. Friends? You’re such a .
 
“I was thinking the same thing too oppa.  I was going to call you and tell you that this relationship isn’t working out anymore.” Wait, she felt the same way?! “We can be friends oppa. I wish you luck with this other girl.” She smiled at me.
 
“Thank you. I’ll be going now.  I’ll see you around Seulgi-ah.”
 
“De. Oppa.”  I left her dorm and drove off as fast as I could.  I can’t believe we broke up.  I remember when I first met Seulgi.  I thought she was an angel sent from above to me.  I know that sounds corny but that’s what I really thought.  I remember that she wasn’t like any other girl.  She didn’t fall for my charms and it took me a long time of courting her to finally claim her as mine.  The times we’ve spent together has been great.  I’m sorry Bae Seulgi.  I couldn’t keep my promise to love you forever.