Chapter 28

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
It’s my last day with Donghae and the guys.  It’s been a really fun experience for me.  I got to spend time away from work with my boyfriend.  Many of the fans were glad that we worked things out.  They were rooting for us.  I’m grateful for our fans.  We were all in the living room watching TV.  I was cuddling with Donghae on one of the couches while he was playing with my hands.  Out of nowhere the drama turned into the news.  The screen read:
 
Breaking news! Wonder Girls’ Sunye is going to speak out about the rumors regarding her and Super Junior’s Lee Donghae.
 
“Wonder Girls’ Sunye is here with us tonight.  She decided to talk about the rumors that have been going on for a month now.  Please give Sunye-ssi a round of applause.”
 
I felt my heart stopped. What’s going on.  I looked over at Donghae.  He looked shocked too.
 
“Sunye-ssi. So are the rumors true about Donghae and you.  Are you guys really dating?”
 
“Yes. We’re dating.”
 
WHATTTTT?!!!! I let go of his hands.
 
“That’s what I was suppose to say but we’re not dating.  We’re just friends.  Donghae oppa loves Hyejin-ssi too much to cheat on her like this.  We only hung out because I recently lost my dad and he helped me cope through it.  There’s nothing going on.  I hope fans let go of this scandal because it’s just rumors. Thank you for taking your time to listen to what I have to say.”  
 
Kyuhyun turned off the TV.  He looked at the other guys and they all stood up and left Donghae and I in the room.
 
“Hyejin-ah, are you mad?” I just hugged him.
 
“Ani. I love you. You’re such a wonderful person. I’m sorry for doubting you at first.” He tightened his grip on me.
 
“I love you too.” We stayed like that for minutes.  We spent our last night together cuddling and talking about random things.  I can now go back to Korea with a happy heart.  Thank you Mr. Yang for this trip.  It means a lot to me.
 
Sunye’s POV
 
“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?! YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO SAY YOU’RE DATING HIM. WHY ARE YOU SO USELESS?!”
 
“Because I’m not really dating him.  And it’s wrong for me to lie like that.  It’s going to hurt them both.  I really think you should stop this now Yoona.  He’ll never love you the way you want him to.  Just let him go and move on.”
 
“No. I’m not letting go of him.  If I can’t have him, then no one else can get him! I’ll make sure of it.” She hung up on me.  Yoona. You need to stop this obsession.  He will never love you.  I’m scared for Hyejin. I’m scared what Yoona has planned for her.  Hyejin-ssi, please be careful.  Maybe I should warn Donghae oppa.
 
Donghae’s POV 
 
Hyejin was sleeping peacefully in my arms.  She really did look beautiful.  How did I get so lucky to have her by my side?  I really have to thank that bully for picking on her that day or else I wouldn’t have the courage to talk to her.  I heard my phone ringing and it was Sunye calling.
 
“Oppa?”
 
“De. What is it?”
 
“Oppa. I’m sorry about this whole scandal.  It’s all my fault.  I knew people were taking pictures of that day.”
 
“What are you talking about?”  Sunye told me the truth.  I can’t believe Yoona is still behind this.
 
“Oppa. I just got off the phone with her.  She’s seems determined to hurt Hyejin.  I’m just warning you.  I’m scared she might do something to her.  Just protect her. Bye.”
 
“Thanks Sunye.”
 
I can’t believe Yoona is still trying to break us up.  I don’t get it.  She should get the message that I would never ever love her that way.  She’s only a friend in my eyes.  I hugged Hyejin closer to me.  I kissed her forehead.  I promise Hyejin that I will never let anything happen to you. I’ll never let anyone hurt you.  I need to tell the guys about this.  I’ll tell them once Hyejin leaves for Korea tomorrow.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
Donghae pulled me into a hug.
 
“Call me when you arrive okay? I’ll call you every day from now on until I come back to Korea.  Remember to eat okay? Don’t over work yourself and if you’re feeling down, call me. I love you.” I pecked her lips.
 
“Okay mommy! Bye! I love you too! You better call me!” I walked into the terminal.  I turned around and waved to him for the last time before leaving.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
Once I dropped Hyejin off at the airport I drove back to our dorm.  I looked around to see if all the guys were home.  I needed to tell them about Yoona.  Fortunately, they were all home.  I called them and asked them to meet me in the living room.
 
“What’s up hyung? What’d you need to talk to us about?” Kyuhyun asked me.
 
“Is everything okay, Hae?” Hangeng hyung asked me.
 
“Sunye called me last night to tell him how this rumor all started.  Yoona was behind it all and planned everything.  She wanted Sunye to go on TV and tell everyone that the rumor is true.  Sunye told me how Yoona is still not finished and she’s planning something else.  I’m telling you guys so we can protect Hyejin.  I can’t let anything happen to her.  Help me look out for her when I’m not around.”
 
“What the heck is wrong with Yoona?!” Kyuhyun screamed.
 
“Why can’t she just give up?” Zhoumi asked.
 
“Don’t worry hyung. We’ll protect Hyejinnie.  We should tell the rest of the members.” Ryeowook told me.
 
“What do you think Yoona has up her sleeves? What is she capable of doing?” Siwon asked us all.
 
“I don’t know. But we should just be really careful and keep your heads up.  I can’t risk Hyejin getting hurt.”  After I talked to the guys, I went inside my room and called Hyukjae to let him know. Hyukjae was furious and told me that he’ll tell Teukie hyung and the rest of the guys about it.  We decided not to confront Yoona about it yet.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
It’s been a week since I came back from Taiwan.  Donghae’s been calling me every day to check how I’m doing.  One more week until he comes back!!!  I was sitting in my room when my phone starts ringing.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Unnie?”
 
“Yes Jessica?”
 
“Are you free?”
 
“Yes. Why?”
 
“Want to come by the SM building? Let’s hang out.  Tiffany and Ri Innie are here too.”
 
“Sure. I’ll be there in twenty minutes. I’ll see you later. Bye.”
 
I met the girls in the dance studio.  They were all sitting on the floor drinking juice.  I guess today was there free day.
 
“Hey.”
 
“Unnie! We missed you! You’ve been gone for like two weeks now!!” Tiffany hugged me.
 
“Yeah. You didn’t even bother calling us! I had to hear from Jiyong oppa that you went to Taiwan!” Jessica pouted.  Yupps. Jessica and Jiyongie are going out.  I called it didn’t I?
 
“Sorry. I’ll make it up to you guys!” I smiled at them.
 
“Oh. Oppa, what are you doing here?” Tiffany asked someone.  I turned around and saw Hyukjae oppa.
 
“I heard my sister was here so I wanted to visit her.” He smiled at me. “What are you girls up to?”
“Nothing. Just catching up!” I told him.
 
“Did you guys hear the news?” Ri Innie asked.
 
“What news?” I asked her.
 
“So apparently the company found out that an artist was the one who created the scandal with Donghae oppa and Sunye-ssi. They’re trying to find out who it is and get them kicked out from the entertainment business.  I wonder if they’ll ever find the culprit.” Ri In explained.
 
“Really? You’re for sure this person would be kicked out right??” Hyukjae oppa asked. Why is he even asking this.
 
“Yeah. I overheard the office talking about it.” Ri In informed us.
 
“Okay. That’s good.” Hyukjae oppa told us while smiling.
 
“Oppa, what do you know?” I asked him.
 
“I know who was the one who started this rumor.  It’s Yoona.  And she’s pissed that you and Donghae are still together so she’s planning on breaking you guys up again.”
 
“What the hell?! I thought she’d give up by now!!! What the heck is wrong with her?! Go report her oppa! She deserves to be kicked out!” Tiffany told my brother.
 
“I will. Let me go tell the guys first then I’ll tell the company.  For now, don’t say anything.” I don’t know why but I didn’t like the idea of ratting Yoona out.  I know she’s been mean to me and I don’t like her but this is just wrong.
 
“Oppa. Just let it go.  The rumor died down already.  Don’t tell the company that it was Yoona.  If you don’t say anything then they won’t know who it is.  Yoona worked hard too so it wouldn’t be fair for her.”
 
“FAIR?! SHE DOESN’T DESERVE THIS! WHY ARE YOU BEING ALL NICE? SHE THREATENED YOU MANY TIMES AND SHE TRIED TO BREAK YOU GUYS UP SO MANY TIME AND NOW YOU WANT TO DEFEND HER?!” Jessica yelled.
 
“I know but I’d feel bad if that happen.  Please oppa. Don’t do this.  Do this for me. Please??” I pouted.
 
“Aish. Fine. I won’t. I’ll let this slide but next time she does something, I won’t let it slide. Got it? And don’t worry, I won’t tell the guys about this.”
 
“Thanks oppa.” I heard the girls sigh.
 
“No wonder why people are so mean to you.” Ri In told me.
 
We spent the rest of the day just catching up on everything.  Apparently, Tiffany and Daesung are dating.  Ri Innie and Junsu oppa are growing stronger.  I’m happy that my best friends finally found someone that makes them happy.  It was finally night time and we decided to call it a night.  The girls offered to take me home but I declined.  I felt like walking tonight.  
 
I left the SM Building and decided to take the long way home.  The long way lead to a park that I use to go all the time when I was a trainee.  I felt like walking through that park.  I was almost to the park when I heard footsteps behind me.  I turned around and saw no one.  That’s strange.  I started walking again and heard the footsteps again.  Is someone following me?  I turned around again and saw no one.  It must be my imagination.  I started walking again and I felt myself black out.