Chapter 16

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Donghae’s POV
 
I was sleeping in my room until I heard my phone buzzing.
 
“H-hello?” I answered sleepily.
 
“Yah Lee Donghae! What part of being careful don’t you guys understand!??” I heard our manager yelling at me.  I was wide awake now.
 
“Hyung. What are you talking about?”
 
“Go on the internet! I’m too pissed to talk to you right now. I’m hanging up right now.”
 
I quickly got off of bed and went on my laptop.  I checked the news and there I saw it… the number one news at the moment was: 
 
IS SUPER JUNIOR’S LEE DONGHAE DATING 2NE1’S LEADER LEE HYEJIN?!
Netizens took pictures of the couple hugging in front of 2ne1’s dorm.  Lee Taemin was also present at the time.  Many fans do not know how they feel at the moment.  Some ELFs commented: Oppa can do better than that.”  “She’s not good enough for oppa! She’s so ugly!” “They look so cute together!  I've always shipped them when I found out she was Eunhyuk oppa’s little sister!”  “They’re so cute together! The perfect couple!!” “EWWW. Donghae oppa looks better with Yoona unnie!” “I like them together.  They’re my bias” Some Blackjacks commented: “WTF. Why is she dating him?!”  “She’s too good for him.” “AWWWWS they look so cute together!!! I hope it’s true!!! They’re both really good looking!” “I’ve always shipped them! I don’t know why!” “HOW CUTE!!!! Please be happy!” “Eww.”  So are they really dating?!  We've tried to reach for both their reps but there's no confirmation yet.
 
. This is all my fault.  I could’ve just asked her over the phone if she wanted to go to Mokpo with me!!! But no, I had to drag her to the park with me because I wanted to spend some time with her.  God, I got her into this mess.  What am I going to do now!? I hope the ELFs don’t hurt her!
 
“Hyung?! Did you see the news?!?!” I heard Kyuhyun asking me.  I just nodded my head.  I’m scared what’s going to happen now.  All I care about is Hyejin’s safety.  
 
“What am I going to do now???” 
 
“Just stay calm.  Wait until manager hyung calls and tells us what to do.  I think you should call her and tell her about it.”  I just nodded at Kyuhyun and took my phone and dialed her number.
 
“Hello?” 
 
“Baby. We have a problem.”
 
“What’s wrong?”
 
“Go on the internet and see for yourself.”  She didn’t respond to me for over a minute now.
 
“WHAT?! WHAT DO WE DO NOW?! OMG. DONGHAE? I’M SCARED. YOUR FANS ARE GOING TO KILL ME.” she was whining.  I couldn’t help but laugh at her.  The only thing she’s worried about is my fans killing her. “Why are you laughing? Is my misery your amusement?”
 
“Thank you babe.  You made me feel better.  I’m waiting on manager hyung to call me back.  Then I’ll tell you what we’ll do.  Just be patient and stay calm baby.  Be safe okay.  I’ll call you with the details later.  You should probably call your company too.  I love you.”
 
“Okay. I love you too.”  I hung up on her.  I was scared to be honest.  I didn’t want the company to force us to break up.  I can’t lose her anymore.  I’m praying so hard that everything will go well.  I heard my phone ringing and looked at the screen to see manager hyung calling.
 
“H-Hyung?”
 
“The company is disappointed in you two.  We told you two to be very careful!  The company has decided to let you guys go public with the relationship. You guys will do it when you guys appear on Strong Heart in two weeks.  But for now, no contacting her and no seeing her at all.  Do I make myself clear?!  Her company agreed with this too.  For now just listen to what we are telling you guys to do.”
 
“Arasso hyung. Can I call her to tell her this?”
 
“No. Her company will tell her.  You better listen to me this time Donghae.”
 
“De Hyung.”  This ! I can’t even talk to her! For two freaking weeks! This is going to be torture!!!! I already miss her.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
My company called right after Donghae called me.  Basically I can’t talk or see Donghae for two whole weeks until our Strong Heart recording!  Two weeks! That’s so long. I miss him already.  
 
The days passed by so slowly. Goodness.  This is killing me!!! Why can’t the Strong Heart recording be here already!  Many fans supported our relationship and hoped that our relationship was real.  Other fans didn’t support us.  I just hope in the end, we get more supporters than haters.
 
I’ve been keeping tabs on Donghae through the Super Junior Oppas.  They tell me that Donghae is all depress that he can’t see me at all.  I feel the same way Donghae.  I was so tempted to tell Hyukjae to hand the phone over to Donghae but I had to follow the rules.  We already broke it once so we can’t do it again.  I’m already thankful that they’re letting us continue this relationship.
 
It was finally the day of the Strong Heart recording! Finally I get to see Donghae! We were in our dressing room when we heard a knock on the door.  That person didn’t even wait for us to invite them in.  To my surprise, it was Donghae.  He ran over to me and pulled me into a bear hug.
 
“God. It felt like years! I miss you so much.” he whispered in my ears.
 
“I miss you too.” I hugged him back. We pulled apart and he leaned in and gave me a kiss on the lips.  He deepened the kiss.  At that moment, I didn’t really care who was in the room or not.  Donghae and I were in our own little world. 
 
“Yah. Love birds! Hurry up! We’re recording now!” I heard Hyukjae oppa telling us.  We looked at each other and smiled at each other.  It's show time….