Chapter 11

Love You Like a Love Song

 

We didn’t know what to do so we just bowed to them and walked away.  
 
“Pfft, just because they just debuted doesn’t mean they can be so rude to their sunbaes! They should greet and bow to us.  Not just bowing.” I heard Heechul oppa commenting.
 
“I know huh?  Today was their debut stage but they’re already rude to us.” I heard Kangin oppa joining in.
 
“Yeah!” All the guys agreed.
 
“What do you expect? They have Lee Hyejin as their leader.” I heard Donghae comment.  I haven’t heard that voice in so long.  It still made my heart flutter.  What are you thinking Heejin?!  Now is not the time to be thinking about Donghae.
 
Once I heard Donghae’s comment, I stopped walking and walked back to them with my members. 
 
“Hi. We’re 2ne1. How are you sunbaes?” we asked them while bowing and walked off.  I wanted to slap the smirks off their faces.
 
I felt my hands trembling.  I wanted to go lock myself in the room and cry but I couldn’t.  I must stay strong for the girls. 
 
“Unnie, are you okay?” I heard Minji asking me.
 
“Yeah. I’m fine. Don’t worry about me.” I smiled at her.
 
“Remember unnie, you shouldn’t get to stressed out! You’re still trying to get better!” She reminded me.  I love our little maknae.
 
We went out for dinner with the YG family to celebrate our debut.  After dinner, they wanted to go karaoke.  I was tired so I decided to go home.  I don’t know why but my foot decides to walk me to the SM building.  I don’t know why I’m in front of here.  Seeing the building brought so many memories back.  I miss my brother.  I miss my friends.  I especially miss Donghae.  I miss how close I was to all of them.  Now they all hate me.  Tears started falling from my eyes.  I was too sad to notice the tears.  I stood in front of the building for a good five minutes.
 
“Hyejin?!” I heard a very familiar voice.  I turned around and saw Ri In.  She ran up to me and hugged me. “I missed you! Why are you here?! Why are you crying?! Are you okay?” 
 
“D-De.” I looked over and saw Junsu oppa with her.  He was just glaring at me.  I guess he heard from my brother.
 
“Yah, Jang Ri In. Why are you still talking with her!? Didn’t you hear from the Super Junior members?!  Don’t associate yourself with her anymore!” Junsu shouted at Ri In.
 
“Yah! I can be friends with whomever I want! Plus, you don’t know the story so stay out of it!”
 
“What?! She cheated on Donghae. She left the company calling it a hole and went to YG entertainment! She abandoned all her friends here! She betrayed us all!”
 
“Just go in Junsu! I’ll go up later!”
 
“No! I’ll go only if you go! I’m not letting you hang out with her anymore!  I’m going to break up with you if you still hang out with her!  I’ll give you a choice Ri In.  It’s either me or her!”
 
“You’re so stupid! God. You don’t know anything! Fine. I choose her!” I stared at Ri In with wide eyes! Is she crazy?!
 
“Ri In, I’m going to leave now! Don’t do something you’ll regret later on! Go with him. I’m sorry Junsu oppa. I’m leaving now.” I bowed to him and pushed Ri In towards him.
 
“Don’t call me oppa you .” he told me coldly.
 
SLAP.
 
I was shocked that Ri In slapped him.
 
“Don’t you ever call my best friend a .  You don’t know the whole story to judge her.  She gave up so much to protect everyone.  I don’t get why everyone is hating on her! She’s done nothing but sacrifice her life for everyone else!” Ri In started crying. “You don’t know anything Junsu oppa. She broke up with Donghae because Yoona threatened to expose their relationship to the company and get their contracts terminated.  She gave up her dreams just so Donghae oppa can keep his…”
 
“Ri In. You promised!” I yelled at her.
 
“I’m sorry I can’t do this anymore. You deserve to be happy. It’s not fair for you!”
 
“I-Is this true?” I heard Junsu oppa asking.
 
“Yes. And that’s not all. She terminated her contract with SM entertainment because Yoona told her to.  She broke up with Donghae oppa and lied to him just so he can fulfill his dreams.  She got everyone to hate her.  Even her own brother!  Her family barely talks to her anymore.  She has no one except her YG family!  And you want to know why she didn’t debut earlier?!”
 
I couldn’t take it anymore.  My legs suddenly stopped working and I fell to the floor.  I couldn’t breath.  I felt like my heart stopped.  Tears falling out and it wouldn’t stop.
 
“Hyejin!!!!” I saw Ri In running towards me. “Are you okay?! Did you take your meds?!”
 
“Meds? Why does she need meds?” I heard Junsu oppa ask.
 
“She’s the reason why Kyuhyun oppa is still alive.  She was the donor.  She knew she was anemic yet she still gave him her kidney.  She was in a coma for a whole month and we all thought she was going to die.  That’s the reason why she didn’t debut earlier!”
 
Junsu oppa looked really shocked.  He walked over and pulled me into a hug.
 
“I’m so sorry Hyejin! I’m sorry I called you a . I’m sorry if I was mean to you! Why didn’t you tell any of us!? Why’d you go through this yourself!? I’m so sorry. Please don’t cry!” He tried comforting me.
 
After 15 minutes of crying, I finally stopped.  I made Junsu oppa promise not to tell anyone.  I can’t let anyone else know about this or else problems would start.  Junsu oppa and Ri In dropped me off home.  I was about to enter the dorm when I heard a familiar voice call my name.
 
Kyuhyun’s POV
 
YES. Rehearsals are finally over!! I can finally go home and play Starcraft! Puahahahas!  I was walking through the garage way to get to the front.  Out of nowhere I see Hyejin standing in front of the SM building.  I hid myself near a bush.  I peeked over to see if it’s really her or not.  It really is her!  She was crying.  Why is she crying?!
 
Out of nowhere I see Ri In running over to her asking if she was okay or not.  Ri In’s still friends with her?  What the hell.  I then hear Junsu hyung yelling at Ri In for still being friends with her.  Go Junsu hyung! You tell her!  Out of nowhere, Junsu hyung gives Ri In an ultimatum: her or him.  She chose her! What the hell!  Hyejin then tells Ri In to go to hyung and hyung calls her a .  Ouch! That slap must’ve really hurt.  
 
Wait… why is Ri In crying like crazy?!  I felt my heart stopped after hearing Ri In’s confession.  Hyejin was my savior?!  She gave me her kidney!?  She’s anemic though!  Because of me she was in a coma for a month and she could’ve died!!  She gave up so much for Donghae hyung too.  I couldn’t take it anymore so I left.  I had to make sure that Ri In was telling the truth.  I took out my phone and call Ara noona.
 
“Noona…”
 
“What is it Hyunnie?”
 
“Was my donor Hyejin?”
 
“H-How’d you find out?”
 
“So it is her? I’ll call you later noona. Thanks.”
 
After I hung up on noona, I decided to confront Hyejin about everything.  I ran to her dorm and waited for her there.  Fifteen minutes later I see hyung ‘s car pulling up and I saw Hyejin get out of the car.
 
“Hyejin…” I called out to her.  She stopped and turned around to look at me.
 
“What do you want?” she asked me coldly.  I expected this reaction from her.  I ran up to her and hugged her. “Yah, why are you hugging me?!”
 
“I know everything Hyejin.  Thank you for saving my life. I’m sorry. Because of me you almost died.  I treated you like crap and yet you still saved my life. I’m so sorry! I know what you did for Donghae hyung too.  Why didn’t you tell me!? I knew something was wrong when you broke it off with hyung! I’ll make it up to you! I promise to protect you from now on! I’ll protect you from Yoona!” I confessed.
 
“Yah… I don’t know what you’re talking about! Let me go!”
 
“No. I heard everything in front of the SM building. Give it up. You don’t need to lie to me anymore.” I heard her sigh.
 
“Please don’t tell anyone.  Especially Donghae.”
 
“Why?! It’s clearly that you guys still love each other! If it’s about the contract it doesn’t matter anymore! Plus, we’ll deal with Yoona! Explain to everyone the misunderstanding so they stop mistreating you!”
 
“It’s not that simple. Please, just don’t tell anyone Kyuhyun-ah. Promise me.”
 
“Fine. But I’m protecting you no matter what now! Arasso?!” She nodded her head and just smiled at me.  It’s good to have my best friend back.  Hyejin ah, I’ll protect you no matter what.  I won’t let anyone hurt you anymore.  This is my promise to you.