Chapter 14

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Donghae’s POV
 
After hearing Minji’s confession today, it made me wonder about a lot of things.  I wonder why Kyuhyun told Minji not to say anything else.  It seems like Kyuhyun is close with Minji.  Is Kyuhyun friends with Hyejin again?  And if he is, what are they hiding?  I began to wonder if Hyejin really cheated on me.  I know that Kyuhyun would be on my side if Hyejin really did cheat on me.  I’m assuming that Kyuhyun is friends with her again. So it means that Hyejin had a different reason for breaking up with me! She probably didn’t cheat right?!  I had to know.  If I didn’t find out the truth then I can’t focus on anything else.  I decided to confront her about this.  I drove to her dorm and texted her to come down.  I hope she comes down.  Hyejin-ah, please come down.  I’ll give her ten minutes.
 
It’s been ten minutes now and there’s still no show of Hyejin.  I guess she doesn’t want to talk.  I was about to walk to my car when I heard someone calling me.  I turned around and there she was.  She still looked beauty but her eyes were filled with sadness.  She looked broken.
 
“What did you need to talk to me about sunbae?” She asked me coldy.  I was thrown off of how cold she was acting.
 
“I-I need you to tell me the truth.” She looked at me all confused. “Why’d you break up with me Hyejin-ah.  I know you didn’t cheat on me. What’s the real reason? Please tell me! I know you’re lying.  You’re too nice to cheat on me.  I know this because I found out you nearly sacrificed yourself for someone else’s life.  Please Hyejin, tell me the truth.” I begged her.  I never felt so helpless in my life.  I realized that I still love her.  No matter what my head told me I knew I was still in love with her.  She will always be in my heart.  There’s no point in denying it now.   I felt like there was still hope in this relationship.
 
“I wasn’t lying. I did cheat on you! When will you get it through your head that I don’t love you anymore.  Leave me alone from now on Donghae-shi.  I can’t stand looking at your face!  Why don’t you go back to Yoona! Go back to the cold person you were! Why are you like this? If that’s all you wanted to say then go home.  I’m tired and I want to sleep. I have a busy schedule tomorrow.” She told me.
 
She was about to walk away but I hugged her from the back.  I didn’t want to let go of her.  I didn’t want to let go of this love.  I tightened my grasp on her.  I was afraid that if I let her go then she’ll never come back.
 
“Let me go.” she told me.  I didn’t listen though.
 
“Hyejin-ah, I still love you.  I can’t stop thinking about you.  No matter how hard I tried getting over you it’s too hard.  I don’t want to get over you.  Please Hyejin-ah.”
 
She released my grip on her.  I looked at her face and she had tears in her eyes.  Her lips were trembling.
 
“Why are you making this so hard on me Donghae?!  I tried everything to push you away from me! Why are you coming back?!” I heard her say.  So she didn’t cheat!  I pulled her in a hug.
 
“It’s because I love you too much to let you go.” I told her.  She started sobbing in my chest.  
 
After fifteen minutes of her crying, she finally calmed down.  We were by the playground near her dorms.  We were just sitting there quietly.  I have to know the truth.  I took her shoulders and pulled her so her face was facing me.
 
“Tell me the truth Hyejin-ah.  There’s no use in lying to me anymore.”
 
“Promise me you won’t get mad.” She told me without looking at my face.
 
“I promise.”
 
“It was when we were in another argument.  It was the argument about Kyuhyun oppa.  That day oppa and I went to go eat and Yoona went up to me and asked if she can talk to me.  She threatened to tell the company about our relationship if I didn’t break up with you. She even told me to leave the company because she knew you were still going to go after me if I was still at the company.  She gave me three days to complete this task if not she would tell.  I did it because I knew how important this dream is for you.  You gave up so much just to be here.  I couldn’t let this love destroy your dreams.  That’s why I broke up with you.”
 
I can’t believe it.  She broke up with me in order to protect me. And the one person who was there for me during my hard times was the one who caused it?!  I’m angry at Yoona!  Out of all people, I didn’t expect her to do this.  I can’t believe it.  And Yoona gave her the most hard time when we broke up! I was too shocked to say anything.
 
“Donghae-ah, are you mad at me?” I heard her asking me.  I looked at her and pulled her into a hug.
 
“Ani. I’ve been a bad person. I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you. I promise.” I smiled at her and wiped the tears that were about to fall from her eyes. “I love you Lee Hyejin. Come back to me. I don’t think I can love anyone else like this.”
 
“Wouldn’t you get in trouble though?” She asked me.
 
“I don’t care. I love you. We’ll figure all this together.  Please. Take me back?” I asked her hoping she would agree.  She broke the hug and looked at me.
 
“Yes.” Yes? She said yes? I felt like the happiest man on earth at this moment.
 
I pulled her into a passionate kiss.  I poured all my passion and emotions I felt for her into this kiss.  After we broke the kiss, our foreheads were touching each other. 
 
“I love you Hyejin-ah. I promise to protect you from now on.”
 
“I love you too Donghae.” She smiled at me.  That night, my heart felt so much lighter then it had been in the last few months.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
It’s been a month since I got back with Donghae! I feel so much happier now.  I told the girls about it and they were happy for me.  They just hoped that Donghae will protect me from now on.  I told Jessica, Tiffany, and Ri Innie.  They were happy too.  They told me that it was about time we got back.  They said if Yoona ever did anything to break us up again they will not sit back anymore.  I felt thankful that I had great friends like them!
 
Donghae told the members about us and he told them everything also.  The members were shocked at first but they were happy for us.  They all treated me out for dinner as an apology for treating me poorly.  They’ve been all overprotective of me.  They made sure I eat on time and that I get a lot of rest.  It’s like I suddenly gained thirteen brothers, not including my boyfriend and real brother.  Heechul oppa felt the worse because he claims that he treated me the worse.  He offered to be my slave for a whole month.  I declined though.
 
Donghae and I have been growing stronger.  We saw each other when we both had time.  We both were really busy.  He was busy prepping for his comeback while I was busy writing and producing music for our new album.  We talked to each other on the phone though.  He always made sure I was eating on time.
Our companies knew about our relationship.  They were fine with us dating but they didn’t want us to go public yet.  They think that it would create antis for the both of us.  So we just have to be careful.
 
It was like any other day… I was sitting in the recording studio working on sample tracks with Teddy oppa.  I heard my phone ringing.  It was my lover. Hehe.
 
“Babe?” I heard him asking.
 
“Yes? Did you need something?”
 
“Are you free?”
 
“I’m in the studio right now. Why?”
 
“Oh, so I can’t see you?”
 
“Yeah. I can’t see you right now. Why? Is something the matter?” 
 
“Yeah.” I heard him sigh.
 
“What’s the problem Donghae? Are you hurt?!”
 
“The problem is that I miss you.  And my heart hurts from not seeing you!” I could see him pouting.
 
“Yah! Why are you so corny?!” I told him while laughing.
 
“Can’t I come see you baby?”
 
“I can’t. I’m sorry.”
 
“Yah! Lee Hyejin! Stop being a workaholic and go see your boyfriend already! I know you want to see him too! Go see him! Or else I’ll go to your good looking boyfriend and steal him from you!” Teddy oppa joked.
 
“You wouldn’t!” I told him.
 
“Try me.” he smirked at me. GRRRRRR. I hate you oppa! He’s not gay though! I know he’s joking!
 
“Fine. Meet me at the YG building. I’ll be in the dance studio.” I told Donghae.
 
“Yay! I’ll see you soon babe! Thank you Teddy Hyung!” and he hung up on me.
 
I was sitting in the dance studio waiting for Donghae to come.  I was listening to my ipod while humming.  I was too busy in my own little world to notice Donghae sneaking behind me.  He hugged me from behind and gave me a kiss on my cheek.  He took off my head phones.
 
“I love you and I miss you.” He knew how to make my heart feel funny. Stupid Donghae. He never fails to make me smile.
 
“Hello. I love you too and I miss you too.” I smiled at him.  I looked to see that he had a black grocery bag in his hand.  “What’s that?”
 
“You forgot to eat huh?” Busted. “I had a feeling since you were working so I brought us dinner!” He opened the bag and I saw kimbap and dokbukki.  I was touched.  “Yah, aren’t you going to eat?”
 
I just stared at him.
“What’s wrong with you? Are you eating or not? If not, I’ll eat it all!” he told me.
 
I kissed him on his lips.  He put his hands around my waist and pulled me closer to deepen the kiss.  After a few good minutes, we broke the kiss.  He was smiling.
 
“I should do this more often if I want to be kissed like this.” he teased.
 
We spent hours in the dance studio forgetting about the world outside.  We spent the whole time catching up on everything that’s been going on with our lives. He was lying on my lap while our hands were intertwined.  He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed it.  I couldn’t help but smile at how sweet he is.
 
“I love you Lee Hyejin. Forever & always.” he told me.
 
“I love you too Lee Donghae.”
 
Everything felt perfect at that moment.