Chapter 13

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Donghae’s POV
 
“Oppa. Let’s go out and eat tonight! You should treat me since it’s my comeback.” I heard Yoona asking me.  Ever since my break up with Hyejin, Yoona’s been sticking by my side a lot.  She’s been helping me cope with my break up.  She’s been there for me when I needed someone to depend on.  I’m thankful for her.
 
“Ok. My treat. Choose anything you want.” I smiled at her.
 
“Really?! Thanks Oppa!” Yoona gave me a smile.  Her smile was so sweet.  That’s one thing I liked about Yoona.  Her smile was so pure and sweet.  
 
I heard a knock on the door and we told that person to enter.  To my surprise, it was 2ne1’s maknae.  Leeteuk asked what she wanted and she said she needed to talk to us.  I wonder about what.
 
“Talk then.” Leeteuk hyung told her.
 
“You guys really need to stop treating Hyejin unnie like this! It’s not fair. I know she hurt you guys but is this really how you should treat a human being?! Unnie has feelings too! You guys need to stop bullying her!” Minji started yelling at us.
 
“Yah, Gong Minji! You’re our hoobaes! That’s no way to talk to your sunbaes!” Heechul hyung yelled at her.
 
“I don’t care if you guys are my sunbaes.  Stop hurting my unnie.  She’s really sick right now and she shouldn’t be stressed out.  If anything happens to my unnie, I won’t let you guys get away with it.” Minji warned us.
 
Hyejin’s sick? How sick? I wanted to ask Minji that.  But my pride got in the way.
 
“How dare you talk to us like that! Just because you guys won an award you guys think you’re the best now huh?!” I heard Yoona in.
 
“Think whatever you want sunbae.  Just leave unnie alone.” Minji warned us for the last time.  She was about to walk out the door but Hyukjae spoke up.
 
“My sister is nothing but a disgrace.  I don‘t know why you‘re defending her.  She made you guys debut late.”
 
“Disgrace?! WHY?! BECAUSE YOU GUYS THINK SHE CHEATED ON DONGHAE SUNBAE?! BECAUSE SHE CALLED SM A HOLE?! YOU GUYS DON’T KNOW ANYTHING! HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT EUNHYUK SUNBAE?! SHE’S YOUR OWN SISTER! I LOVE HOW YOU AND YOUR FAMILY BASICALLY CUT OFF TIES WITH HER! SHE’S YOUR BLOOD YET YOU GUYS ARE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT. YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT SHE WENT THROUGH. I’M TELLING YOU THIS NOW BECAUSE YOUR SISTER MEANS A LOT TO ME.  YOUR SISTER WAS IN A COMA FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH.  SHE HAD A FEW MORE DAYS TO WAKE UP IF NOT THEY WOULD’VE PULLED A PLUG ON HER. FOR WEEKS SHE HAD TO GO TO REHAB TO GET BETTER!  THAT’S THE REASON WHY WE WEREN’T ABLE TO DEBUT. SHE SACRIFICED HER OWN LIFE TO SAVE SOMEONE ELSE’S LIFE! YOU WANNA KNOW WHO?!”
 
“Minji!! Stop it! Hyejin wouldn’t want this.” Kyuhyun butted in.
 
Wait. Hyejin was in a coma??  She was about to die?? I felt my heart stopping.  She sacrificed her life for someone else?! I wonder who! I can’t believe it.  This whole time we all thought she was being a diva.
 
“S-S-She was in a coma? She almost d-died.” I heard Hyukjae saying. I looked over and tears were running down his face.  I knew from Hyukjae’s reaction that he forgave Hyejin.
 
“I’m sorry guys.  I can’t do this anymore.  She’s my sister.  I can’t hate her. Sorry.” Hyukjae apologized to us and ran out of the room.  He’s probably going to see Hyejin.
 
“I hope you guys will stop bothering unnie.  She still on meds to get better. Stop giving unnecessary stress.” With that Minji left the room.
 
Hyejin, what’s going on with you?  And what does Kyuhyun mean by Hyejin wouldn’t want Minji to do this? Did Kyuhyun know something that we didn’t.  I have to get to the bottom of this.
 
Hyukjae’s POV
When I heard what Minji told me, I felt my heart breaking into pieces.  Hyejin is my dear little sister.  I love her more than anything in the world.  And to hear that she was in coma, made me realize that I was such an .  I should’ve been by her side protecting her.  I’m such a bad brother.  I’m sorry Hyejin.  I’ve been a bad brother to you. I’ll make it up to you.  I was in front of 2ne1’s dressing room.  I knocked on the door and entered.  I spotted my sister and ran up to her and gave her a hug.  I could tell that she was surprised.
 
“I’m so sorry Hyejinnie! I’ve been such a bad oppa to you! I’m so sorry! I didn’t know what you were going through.  Please forgive this bad oppa of yours.  I promise from now on that I’ll protect you no matter what! I won’t get between  what happened between you and Hae anymore. It’s your problem.  I’m sorry. Please forgive me.” I cried.
 
I felt her hugging me back and she started sobbing like crazy.  I knew my sister was broken.  It was my fault.  It was our fault that my sister became like this.  We broke her into pieces.  Hyejinnie, from now on I’ll protect you.  I will be by your side forever. 
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
After my brother and I made up, we went out for dinner.  My members, Hyukjae oppa, Kyuhyun oppa, Jessica, and Tiffany all went.  We were having a great time with one another.  I’m glad I have my brother back.  After dinner, my brother dropped us off.  He reminded me to take my meds.  Aigoo, what a caring brother.  I was about to go to sleep but I felt my phone buzzing.  I got a text.  It was a text from Lee Donghae.
 
I’m in front of you dorm right now.  Can you come down? We need to talk.
 
Donghae.