Chapter 12

Love You Like a Love Song

 

It’s been three weeks since Junsu oppa and Kyuhyun oppa found out the truth.  Things have been getting better gradually.  The whole SM Town, mainly Super Junior, SNSD, and DBSK, still gives me a hard time.  Not only that, they give my members a hard time too.  All I can do is bite my lips and walk away.  Kyuhyun oppa and I have been talking a lot more.  He’s always making sure if I’m eating and if I took my meds already.  My members and him are getting closer too.  They all think of him as their oppa too.  Junsu oppa has been checking up on me too.  He just wishes that I was able to tell Hyukjae oppa so Hyukjae oppa can take care of me.
 
We were in Inkigayo’s make up room getting ready for our goodbye stage.  Yupps, I can’t believe it… we’re having our goodbye stage today!  Unfortunately, the SNSD girls are here because they had their comeback stage.  Great… I had to see Yoona.  She was the ring leader to all the teasing; the others just follow her. Sigh.  I was too busy thinking about Yoona that I didn’t hear someone knocking on my door.  I looked over and saw Kyuhyun oppa, Tiffany, and Jessica.
 
“Unnie. You okay? You seem lost in your thoughts,” I heard Tiffany asking me.
 
“I’m fine. I’m just tired.” They didn’t believe me.
 
“Did you take your meds yet? Don’t overwork yourself.” Kyuhyun oppa told me.
 
“De.”
 
“Gong Minji! Is that a gundam I see?!” Kyuhyun oppa asked Minji.
 
“De. You want to help me build it oppa?”
 
“I’ll just watch you. I’m going to go over to Minji.” He told me. I just nodded my head.
 
“Spill it. What’s bothering you?” I heard Jessica asked me.
 
“Nothing. It’s just I don’t want to see your group members. I’m sorry. It’s just I can’t take it anymore. I want to snap at them but I can’t.” I finally confessed to them.
 
“Then do it. What they’re doing is wrong.” Tiffany told me. I just sighed.  We heard a knock on the door and we knew we were up in five minutes.
 
After our performance, we got on stage with all the other artists.  They were announcing the winner for the Take 7. Out of nowhere I heard them calling our names.  What? We won?!  We walked  up to the front and accepted the trophy and flowers from the Mcs.  They handed us a mic.
 
“I’d like to thank Mr. Yang for making this possible for all of us. Thank you so much. We are indebted to you.  Also, we’d like thank Teddy oppa for producing this song for us.  Your hard work finally paid off. Thank you oppa! We’d like to thank our manager, our stylist, everyone who worked so hard to make this possible for us, Big Bang members, YG family, and lastly Blackjacks.  This is because of you guys. Thank you! We love you guys!” I said as all of us bowed to our fans.  
 
After our encore performance, we went backstage and all our sunbaes were bowing to us and congratulating us.  I felt so happy!
 
“Unnie, we did it! I can’t believe we got an award! Kyahh!” Minji was practically jumping up and down.
 
“Good job girls! This is only the start for us!” Kim added in.  I was too busy looking at the trophy to say anything.
 
“Hyejinnie!” I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see Tiffany and Jessica walking towards me.  
 
“You guys go ahead first.” I told the girls.  They nodded and walked into our room.
 
“Congrats!!!!! We’re so happy for you guys!” the girls started squealing.  They pulled me into a tight hug.
 
“Thank you. I can’t breath. Let go. Now!!!!” I told them.
 
“Sorry! Anyways, we have to go now! Let’s celebrate later!!! Bye!!!”
 
I just laughed at them.  I can’t live without them.  The trophy was so pretty! I love how it was made of glass! I was too busy looking at the trophy that I didn’t realize I bumped into someone.
 
“Sorry.” I said while bowing to that person.  I looked up to see the one person I did not want to see at all.
 
“You better be sorry.” Yoona told me while smirking.  I looked behind her and there were some of the SNSD girls and Heechul oppa, Kangin oppa, and Donghae.  They all just looked at me with smirks on their faces.  I don’t get why they have to ruin someone’s happiness.  I was about to walk away when I heard Yoona calling my name.
 
“De sunbae?” I asked her.
 
“Just because you guys won this award it doesn’t mean you guys are the best.” She told me. I heard her followers chuckling. 
 
“Yeah, don’t get to big headed now Hyejin shi.” I heard Sunny saying to me.  Just let it go Hyejin. Don’t say anything.  I just bowed to them and was ready to walk off.  
 
“Yah! How dare you walk off when we’re not finish talking to you!” I heard Yoona yelling at me.  I turned around and this time I bowed to them and greeted goodbye.  Out of nowhere Yoona smacked the hand that’s holding onto the trophy and the trophy fell to the ground.  It was in pieces.  Everyone was just laughing at me.
 
“Serves you right.  That’s what you get for being rude.” With that everyone left.
 
I felt the tears forming in my eyes.  Hyejin, don’t be a baby.  Hang in there. Don’t cry. You cannot show them you’re weak.  Don’t cry.  I bent down to clean the broke pieces.  I was about to pick them up when I saw someone holding my hand.
 
“You’re anemic.  If you get cut, that wouldn’t be too good.” I heard a familiar voice telling me.  I looked up to see Junsu oppa. “Plus Ri Innie would kill me if I let anything happen to you. I’ll clean it. Go back to your dressing room.”
 
“Thanks oppa.” He just smiled at me.  I didn’t go back to my dressing room.  I went up to the roof.  I wanted to be left alone.  I couldn’t stand all this anymore.  I know that I hurt them but is all this necessary?  I finally broke down.  I can’t stand it anymore. 
 
After a good thirty minutes up at the roof, I finally went inside my dressing room.
 
“Unnie! Where have you’ve been!? We’ve been looking for you! Are you okay?!” Minji asked me.
 
“De. I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I’m going to change now so we can head home.”
 
Minji’s POV
 
Kim unnie and I looked at each other.  We knew unnie wasn’t fine.  We can see it in her eyes.  It was red and sad.  She looked so broken.  I know unnie endured so much just to protect us.  I just wish sometimes she would stand up for herself!  She should be selfish for once.  It makes me so mad to see the SM Town people treating unnie like this.  Even if they’re mad, they shouldn’t treat a human being like this.  I couldn’t take it anymore so I told Kim unnie that I was going outside for air.  I walked over to Super Junior’s dressing room and knocked on the door.  I heard voices telling me to come in.  I entered the dressing room and all of the members were present plus Yoona sunbae, Taeyeon sunbae, and Seohyun sunbae.
 
“Gong Minji. What are you doing here?” I heard Leeteuk sunbae asking me.
 
“We need to talk.” I told them. Sorry unnie but this is for your sake.  I can’t see you like this anymore.