Chapter 34

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Yunho’s POV
 
Our food finally came out and we started to dig in.  The food here was great.  I guess I’ll be taking Stephanie here a lot.
 
“How do you like the food?” I asked her.
 
“It’s good.”
 
“Would you come here again?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“So what are you going to do after this?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“You have no plans?”
 
“Yupps.” 
 
Seriously why is this girl just answering with vague answers.  I don’t know why but it’s awkward talking with her.  Why didn’t I realize this sooner?  Ever since we started dating, everything’s been weird.  We have nothing in common and I don’t feel sparks for her.  It’s not how it was when I was with Seulgi.  When I was with Seulgi, we would talk for hours and never run out of anything to say. With Stephanie, I made sure we had something to talk about it.  But our conversations never lasted long.  I wonder if Seulgi is still here.  I turned my head to see if she’s still here. 
 
She’s still here but there’s someone else at their table now.  Who’s the guy?  Is that her boyfriend?  I saw him taking a napkin and wiping off the sauce on the side of her lips.  She blushed and gave him a kiss on his cheek.  I don’t know why but I felt something sting in my heart.  What’s going on with me?  I turned my attention to Stephanie again and  she was too busy eating her food.
 
I suddenly heard someone saying, “Isn’t that Yunho oppa?” I turned my head towards that direction and my eyes  met with Seulgi’s eyes.  For that split moment, I felt sparks.  She looked away and grabbed all her things and left.  I ran after her.  I don’t know why but I wanted to.
“Seulgi-ah! Wait!” I called out to her.  I grabbed her by the arm and pulled her so she can face me. “Hi. It’s been a long time. How have you’ve been?” She just looked at me and didn’t say anything.
 
“I’m good. Yeah, it’s been a while. I got to go. I’m sorry, Yunho-ssi.”  I didn’t know why but I felt sad that she called me Yunho-ssi.  I released my grip on her and she walked away.  Why do I feel my heart beating so fast when she’s near me?  Yah, heart why are you beating so fast?!  And then it hit me… I was still in love with Bae Seulgi.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
Taebin oppa looked shocked.  I would be too though.  We apologized to him and went our separate ways.
 
“What do you think happen back there?” Ri In asked me.
 
“All I know was they looked at each other and unnie ran off.  That just gives everything away.  Unnie’s still in love with him.  It’s always been him.”
 
“Poor Taebin oppa.  I wonder what’s going to happen now.”
 
“I honestly don’t know Ri Innie.”  I felt my phone ringing.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Babe. It’s been a while!”
 
“Hey. What are you doing?”
 
“We actually finished rehearsals early today.  I was wondering if you’re free?”
 
“I’m with Ri Innie right now.  We just got done with dinner.”
 
“Oh. So you can’t hang out with me?”
 
“Ani. I can. Where do you want to me? Did you eat yet?”
 
“Yeah. I ate already. How about we meet at the Han River?”
 
“Arasso. I’ll see you in a bit. Bye. Be careful and I love you.”
 
“I love you too.”  I smiled to myself.  It’s been a while since I seen him.  His concert is next week already so they’ve been putting in more time to rehearse and get everything down.
 
“Was that Donghae oppa?”
 
“Yeah. He wants me to meet him at the Han River. I’m sorry Ri Innie.” She laughed at me.
 
“Why are you sorry? He’s your boyfriend plus you haven’t seen him in a while. So don’t worry. I’m going to go home now. Bye!”  
 
I took the cab to the Han River.  Once I reached there, I looked around to see if he was there yet.  No sigh of Lee Donghae.  Why am I always the one waiting for you?  I felt someone hug me from behind.
 
“I miss you babe.” 
 
“I miss you too Donghae-ah”
 
“What have you’ve been up to?”
 
“Nothing really. We’ve been preparing for the year end award shows. How’s the concert coming along?”
 
“It’s great.  Everything is finalized. I’m excited! I can’t believe it’s next week already! Are you going to go?”
 
“De. Do you want me to go on both days or just one?”
 
“One’s fine. I know you’re a busy girl.” I broke the hug and turned around to face him.  He was smiling.  I missed his smile.  
 
“De. I’ll probably go on your second day.  The second day are always the better day.” I told him.
 
“You promise to come right?” He held out his pinky finger.  He’s so cute. Stupid five year old Donghae.
 
“I promise.” 
 
“I miss you so much. I’m sorry if I’ve been too busy to see you.”
 
“It’s okay. You were busy preparing for the concert.  It’ll all pay off next week.” He pulled me in a hug.  I missed being in his arms.  I forgot how it always made me feel safe and warm.  We spent the night catching up with each other.  I told him everything that happened today with unnie and Yunho oppa.  All he did was laugh.
 
“They’re so going to get back together.  I just know it.  I think it was a good thing that hyung broke up with Seulgi.”  
 
“Why?”
 
“It made him realize how much she means to him.  He’s going to appreciate her now.” I smiled at what he just told me.  I hope he’s right.
 
He walked me back to my dorm and kissed me goodnight. I was about to walk away but he pulled my arm to make me face him.
 
“You have to go to the concert no matter what okay? No bailing or else I’ll be mad. Good night my beautiful princess and sweet dreams.” He left after he said that to me.  
 
Why does he want me to go to the concert so bad?  What is he planning?