Chapter 6

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Kyuhyun and I have been getting closer as each day passes by.  I found out that Kyuhyun will be debuting with Super Junior as the 13th member.  He was scared because he felt that everyone did not approve of the idea.  I know for sure Donghae did not approve of it.  It’s been weeks since we spoke. I’m still mad at him for treating Kyuhyun so poorly.  I could care less about him right now. 
 
Truth to be told, we’re drifting apart.  We barely saw each other anymore.  I talk to Kyuhyun more than I talk to him.  I see Kyuhyun more also.  I don’t like Kyuhyun though.  He’s just like an older brother to me.  Kyuhyun and I just got back from eating dinner and we ran into Yoona. Great. The person I just wanted to see.
 
“Hyejin Unnie. Can I talk to you for a bit?” She asked me all nicely.  Fake .
 
“Sure. Kyuhyun I’ll see you inside. Just go in first.”  Kyuhyun looked at me hesitantly.  He knew everything about Yoona. I nodded my head to tell him I was fine.  He nodded his head back and walked inside the building.
“What do you need to talk about Yoona-shi?”
 
“I’ll get to the point. I like Donghae Oppa.  I want to be with him.  You’re just in my way.  I didn’t tell the company about you guys because I thought that you’d guys break up.  But since you guys aren’t maybe I should go tell the company about you and Donghae.”
 
“You wouldn’t”
 
“Try me. Break up with him now and leave the company. I know that if you break up with him and remain in the company he will try to win you over again.  I need you to go far away from this company.  Get him to hate you. Do anything that will make him not want to get back with you.  If you don’t, I’ll tell the company and they’ll terminate yours and his contract.  You don’t want that do you?”  She threatened me.
 
I knew that she would go tell the company.  I couldn’t let Donghae’s dreams go to waste.  It’s been six months since he debuted and I can’t let him get hurt.  I guess I had to follow Yoona’s order.
 
“Fine.” She smirked at me.
 
“Do it within three days or else.”  And with that she left.  I felt like someone punched me in the face over and over.  I felt like someone ripped my heart out.  What am I suppose to do now?  I love him but if I don’t break it off then his dreams will go down the drain.  I can’t be selfish and keep him because I love him.  That night I went to bed crying my eyes out.
 
The next day I felt like crap.  I was nervous.  I was afraid of everything that was going to happen.  If I left the company, where would I go now?  I knocked on Mr. Lee’s door.
 
“Yes. Hyejin? How may I help you.”
 
“Mr. Lee, I’d like to terminate my contract and leave the company.”
 
“W-Why?” I had to lie to him.  I knew if I told him the truth Donghae will get in trouble. I couldn’t let that happen.
 
“I honestly feel like I’m not getting anywhere near my dreams.  There’s no schedule of me debuting soon. I’m getting pretty sick and tired of it.” I told him coldly.
 
“I don’t understand Hyejin.  You seemed fine with it. Why act up now?”
 
“I’m just tired of it. Just terminate my contract Mr. Lee.  I don’t want have any association with your company anymore.  You see, I auditioned for another company and I got in.  I will be debuting with them soon.”
 
“I see. Well if that’s what you want Hyejin.  I’ll terminate your contract.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
Now that I’m no longer under SM Entertainment, there’s one more thing I need to do.  And that’ll be the hardest thing.
 
I called him and asked him to meet me at the company’s parking lot.  I saw him walking towards me.  He looked really exhausted.  I just wanted to run up to him and hug and kiss him.  But I can’t.
 
“Look baby. I’m so sorry! I shouldn’t have been so mean to Kyuhyun. I was an ! I’m really sorry! I miss you babe. Please forgive me.  I even made peace with Kyuhyun. He’s a really nice guy. I’m sorry for yelling at you.” He hugged me.  Why out of all days, he chooses today to apologize to me. I let go of the hug.  I guess this is it….
 
“Look Donghae. I don’t care anymore. I’m sick and tired of not being able to see you.  I need someone to be here for me. You’re never even here anymore.  I know you’re busy but even Hyukjae oppa makes time to see me.  Heechul oppa and Hangeng oppa too! Why can’t you?! Anyways, I can’t do this anymore. Us? It’s not working out anymore. Plus, the two weeks that we were mad at each other I met someone else.  I’ve started seeing him. I’m sorry if I cheated on you.  And don’t worry about seeing me anymore.  I’m leaving the company. I can’t stand this ty company anymore. So let’s break up.” I lied to him.
 
He looked at me.  He looked so broken.  I can’t show any signs of weakness right now. I had to make it believable. 
 
“I-It’s not true. T-Tell me it’s all a lie Hyejinnie.” I just smirked at him.  
 
“It’s not. I’m really leaving the company. I found a better company then this hole. I’m really seeing another guy also.  I know it’s not going to work out in the future because I’ll probably end up choosing fame over him.  But for now, I like him.”
 
“Why are you lying?! You’re lying right?! Stop lying!!!” He yelled at me.
 
“Who says I’m lying.  I’m telling you the truth.  This is reality Lee Donghae.  Leave me alone from now on.” With that I walked away.  I walked away from the guy I loved most in this world.  That day I realized that a piece of my heart was missing.  I can no longer get it back because it will always belong to Lee Donghae.  Donghae-ah, I’m sorry but I love you.