Chapter 17

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Donghae’s POV
 
We arrived at our seats and Hyejin was seated right in front of me.  I bet you they did this on purpose!
 
“Welcome to Strong Heart! Today we have a house full of idols!!” I heard Ho Dong hyung saying.
 
“Ne. We have a house packed of idols. We have Super Junior’s Leeteuk-ssi, Shindong-ssi, Eunhyuk-ssi, and Donghae-ssi, SHINee’s Taemin-ssi and Minho-ssi, KARA’s Gyuri-ssi and Seungyeon-ssi, SNSD’s Taeyeon-ssi, Jessica-ssi, Tiffany-ssi, and Seohyun-ssi, SS501’s Hyunjoong-ssi and Kyujong-ssi, Wonder Girl’s Sunye-ssi and Yubin-ssi, Big Bang’s Taeyang-ssi and Seungri-ssi, and let’s welcome our newest members 2ne1!!!!!” Seunggi said.
 
“Wow this is 2ne1’s first appearance on a variety show right?” Ho Dong hyung asked the girls.
 
“De. We’re actually kind of nervous but we’ll do our best!” Minji said.
 
The recording started and we heard many stories from all these idols.  I was shocked by some of the stories being told.  I was so trapped in my own world that I didn’t hear Hodong hyung calling me.
 
“My Donghae-ah, you’re up next! Your board says ‘I should’ve been more careful’ What’s the meaning of this?”  I guess it’s time to confess.
 
“De. My board says that.”
 
“What’s the story behind that?” Seunggi asked me.
 
“Well, a few months ago my company gave me specific orders to be more careful because if I’m not careful I’ll end up hurting everyone.” 
 
“What orders?” I heard Sunye asking.
 
“Well you see. I’ve been in a relationship with someone since my pre debut days.  I was going out with this person before I even became a trainee.  I’ve dated this person since 2001.  We even dated when I first debuted but due to problems we broke up for a whole year.  We got back together a few months ago because we realized that we still love each other.  Once the company found out that we were together they allowed us to date.  But on one condition.  That condition is that we be careful and not go public yet since it will cause scandals and antis.  I wasn’t careful and got caught and my company was really disappointed in me.”
 
“Is this person a non-celebrity or a celebrity?” Gyuri asked.
 
“She’s actually a celebrity.  She’s actually in this room right now.” I smiled.
 
“So the rumors about you and Hyejin-ssi is true?” I heard Hyunjoong hyung asking.
 
“De.” Everyone in the room gasped.
 
“Hyejin-ssi is there anything you want to say?”
 
“I hope fans will accept us.” I saw Hyejin standing up and bowing to the crowd.  I heard boos and fans screaming ‘Break up with oppa now’ I looked over at Hyejin and she looked like she was about to cry. I was about to stand up and say something but Leeteuk hyung beat me to it.
 
“Why should Hyejinnie break up with Donghae?  Why is she not good enough for him?  If you guys knew what she did to protect Donghae then you’ll understand why she’s good enough for him.  She sacrificed so many things in order for your oppa to be where he is today.”
 
“Yeah. Did you guys know that my sister was a trainee with SM.  But people were blackmailing her and told her to break it off with Donghae.  If she didn’t break up with him then they will go report them to the company and get their contracts terminated.  My sister broke it off with him and got him to hate her.  She left the company too in order for Donghae to debut.  When I found out about this, we started treating my sister like trash.  I treated her poorly.  Yet, my sister still stayed strong and still protected Donghae.” I looked over at Hyukjae and smiled at him.
 
“Did you guys know that she’s the reason that Super Junior’s Kyuhyun is still alive today?  She donated her kidney for him even though she knew she her debut was the day after.  She gave up her chances of debuting to save Kyuhyun oppa’s life.  Unnie was anemic too.  Because of that she was in a coma for a whole month.  She had a few more days left to wake up or else they’ll pull the plug on her.  After that, unnie worked hard to get better and debut with us.  She gave up so much in order for others to be happy.” I heard Minji cut in.
 
“Do you guys even know what makes your Donghae oppa truly happy?  If you guys saw Donghae oppa when he’s around Hyejin then you’ll know the answer.” Kim added.
 
“Hyung is also a sweet and caring person.  That’s why I like him the most out of everyone in SM Town.  Him and noona were always taking care of me during my trainee days.  But once hyung and noona broke up, hyung became a different person.  He was cold and was no longer the warm person he use to be. Do you guys want Donghae hyung to become cold and heartless again?” Minho said.
 
“Please give them a chance.  They’re so in love! Everyone around them can see it! They’re soul mates and I can’t see them with anyone else! Please. If you want your oppa to be happy then you’ll approve of this relationship.” Tiffany said.
 
“Yes. Please accept them. They love each other so much and they’re willing to do anything for each other.  She’s the only one who can make him truly happy.  I hope you guys will see this.  Oppa and unnie went through so much hardship to be where there are now.  I hope that you can approve.” Taeyeon added.
 
“Please. I’m begging you guys to approve. I really love him. I promise to take care of him and cherish him. I won’t hurt him. I promise that no matter what he’ll always be number one in my heart.   I’ll take care of him for you guys.  I can’t see my life without him anymore.  I know this sounds corny but I gave him half my heart years ago.  I don’t think I can ever get it back because it truly belongs to him now. I’m sorry that I lied to you guys about this. I’m sorry if I took your oppa away from you guys but I love him too much to give him up now.” I saw Heejin crying and bowing the the crowd.
 
“Please do this for oppa.  She makes me very happy.  I feel like I’m the happiest guy in the world when I’m with her.  I’ve never felt this way before with anyone.  I love her more than anyone.  I can’t see myself with anyone else in this world.  She’s my other half.  And she has the other half of my heart and I have hers.  I don’t plan on returning it at all. Please ELFs and Blackjacks approve of us.” I got up and went over to Heejin.  I held her hand and bowed to the crowd.
 
I was scared to hear the reactions of the fans.  Will they approve or will they make us break up?
 
“WE APPROVE OF YOUR RELATIONSHIP!!! WE CAN SEE HOW MUCH YOU GUYS LOVE EACH OTHER. WE CAN SEE HOW MUCH PEOPLE LOVE YOU GUYS TOGETHER! YOU GUYS ARE SO SWEET TOGETHER!!!!! PLEASE TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER AND CONTINUE ON LOVING EACH OTHER! WE FANS WILL PROTECT YOU GUYS FROM EVERYTHING. KYAHHHHHH. HWAITING OPPA! HWAITING UNNIE! CONGRATS! PLEASE BE HAPPY. PLEASE BE TOGETHER FOREVER!” I heard the fans screaming.
 
THEY APPROVED. I looked over at Hyejin.  She was smiling.  I picked her up and swung her around.  She was laughing.  I placed her foot on the ground again and pulled her for a kiss.
 
“I love you.” I told her.
 
“I love you too.”
 
“SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I heard the fans screaming.  Hyejin and I bowed to the fans and thanked them.
 
“So, Hyejin-ssi, the fans finally agreed. How do you feel?” Hodong hyung asked her.
 
“I feel really happy and grateful.  I feel like I’m the luckiest person alive.  I have fans watching over our relationship.  Thank you so much. I’ll do my best to love your oppa! Thank you.”
 
“I’m so jealous!!!!!!!” I heard Yoobin screaming.
 
“Why Yoobin-ssi?” Seunggi asked.
 
“Because they have each other and they both love each other very much.  Also, because the fans approve of them! I wish had a boyfriend!” This caused everyone in the studio to laugh.  I heard a loud sigh.
 
“What’s wrong Hyunjoong-ssi?” Hodong hyung asked.
 
“My ideal girl is taken.  The world is ending.” Hyunjoong hyung pouted.  Everyone in the studio laughed even harder.
 
“Eh?! Hyejin-ssi’s your ideal girl??” Seunggi asked.
 
“De. She’s so charismatic on stage. But off stage she’s so beautiful and elegant.  She’s cute and very talented.  And she’s sweet and adorable. Sigh.”
 
“Donghae-ah, how do you feel? Hearing that your girlfriend is someone else’s ideal girl?” Hodong hyung asked me.
 
“I feel flattered because that means I have the best girlfriend ever.  I feel somewhat jealous but more flattered.”  I smiled cheekily at them.
 
“Aigoo. Donghae hyung is so in love! I can see that he’s so happy at the moment.” Seungri teased me.
 
Seungri you have no idea how happy hyung is right now.  I feel like I won the lottery 100000000 times.  I looked over at Hyejin and smiled at her.  At that moment, I knew we were going to be okay.  I knew we were going to last because I knew she was the only one for me.