Chapter 25

Love You Like a Love Song

 

Donghae’s POV
 
I don’t know how I should feel.  I didn’t cheat on Hyejin! I love her way too much to cheat on her! I would never do anything to ruin our relationship.  She means the world to me.  I got back to the dorms and all the members were sitting in the living room waiting for an explanation.  
 
“So Hae, care to explain to us what the pictures and rumors are about?” Hangeng hyung asked me calmly.  I can tell that he’s mad because Hyejin is like a little sister to hyung and he hates seeing Hyejin cry or get hurt.
 
“I didn’t cheat on Hyejin. I would never cheat on Hyejin guys.  What you see in the pictures aren’t what they seem!! Sunye was crying and I was just comforting her! I promise you guys…nothing happened!” I explained.
 
“Why are you hanging out with her so much hyung?! You knew something like this would happen! You don’t even talk to Hyejinnie anymore!” Kyuhyun butted in.
 
“It’s because Sunye needed someone to talk to.  She lost her dad and I know how that feels like! I didn’t want to leave her alone.  I didn’t talk to Hyejin because I knew she would be too busy and too tired to talk to me! I just gave her space so she can relax!” 
 
“Arasso hyung. We believe you.  But look what happen now.  Hyejin noona is probably hurt.” Henry added.  I wanted to punch myself in the face.  I promise Hyejin and Hyukjae that I would never hurt Hyejin.  I promise myself that I would never ever make her cry again.  I’m such a horrible boyfriend!  She probably feels that I don’t care about her since I haven’t called her at all about this.  You deserve to die Lee Donghae!
 
“What do I do now?! She’s not going to believe! She probably hates my guts now! What if she breaks up with me?! I can’t lose her guys.” I told them and I was on the verge of crying.
 
“Hae. Just call her and tell her.  Explain everything to her.  She’ll understand. Go call her right now.” Siwon told me.  I went into my room and dialed her number.  I hope she picks up.
 
“Hello.”
 
“Baby?”
 
“Oh. So now you call me?”
 
“Look baby. I can explain.”
 
“Explain what? Why you haven’t called me in a month or why you’re cheating on me with Sunye-ssi?”
 
“Both.”
 
“Alright. Explain.”
 
“Which one do you want to hear first?”
 
“Why haven’t you contact me in over a month?”
 
“It’s because I knew you were busy with the whole promotion thing.  I knew you were tired and I didn’t want to bother you.  I wanted you to have some free time to yourself so you can relax.  I’m sorry. I realize that was a stupid thing to do. I should’ve called you. I’m really sorry. I just wanted you to know that during that month I really miss you.”
 
“You’re stupid. Okay. Explain the deal with Sunye-ssi then.”
 
“She’s just a friend. Nothing more then that.  The pictures made it seem like we were cuddling and having fun but it was because I was comforting her.  She just lost her dad and she didn’t know how to cope with it.  Her members didn’t know how she felt so she couldn’t go to them.  We’re just friends. I’m sorry. I should’ve told you about her.  I don’t see her that way.  I’ll stop hanging out with her if you want. Please baby. Believe me. I would never ever cheat on you. I can’t do that to you.”
 
“Okay. I heard your side of the story.  Honestly, Donghae. I’m hurt that you haven’t contacted me in like a month! Do you know how much I miss you?! I wanted to call you but you never called me so it seems like you didn’t want to talk to me.  I spent nights wondering why you never once called me!  All my other members are dating! And it to see them with their boyfriends when my own boyfriend doesn’t even seem to care! I understand that you’re in a different country. I get that. But the fact that you don’t call makes me sad.  Then I see the news with you and Sunye.  It broke my heart.  I just need some time away from you right now Donghae.  Just give me some space.  I need to think things over.  Don’t call for a while. Bye.” 
 
My heart stopped. Did we break up or are we on break? I can’t believe it.  It’s because of my stupidity.  What did I get myself into?
 
“Hyung?” I saw Kyuhyun at the door.
 
“She said she needed some space.  She needs to think things over.  Don’t tell me she’s going to break up with me.” I cried.  Kyuhyun pulled me into a hug.  
 
“It’s okay hyung. Hyejinnie is just hurt.  She won’t do anything that she’ll regret.  Just give her some time hyung.  It’ll be okay.” 
 
I went to bed restless that night.  I pray to God that Hyejin won’t break up with me.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
It’s been two weeks since the whole “Sunhae” scandal.  Many fans were mad at Donghae for being unfaithful while some fans supported Sunhae.  There were many reporters trying to find the real story.  It’s been two weeks since I last talked to him too.  I’m still mad at him.  His reason for not talking to me is so stupid! He could at least just call and see how I was doing.
 
The members and I were in the YG building hanging out with the Big Bang members and Dongwook oppa.
 
“How are you feeling Hyejin-ah?” Jiyong asked me.
 
“I’m whatevers about it now.  I’m still mad at him but I don’t know anymore.”
 
“Did you decide what you’re going to do now? You can’t just leave hyung hanging on like that.” Youngbae told me.
 
“I honestly don’t know.”
 
“I should go beat him up.  Smack some senses into him.” Dongwook oppa added in. Everyone looked at him like he was crazy. “Just kidding.”
 
There was a knock on the door and Mr. Yang entered the room.  We all bowed to him and he walked right up to me.
 
“Hyejin-ah, come to my office.  We need to talk.”  I looked at everyone else.  What does he need talk to me about?  We went into his office and he told me to sit down.  “How are you feeling Hyejin-ah?”
 
“I’m okay. I’m just hurt and mad that all this is happening. I’m mad that he let this happen. I’m hurt that he’s been hanging out with Sunye-ssi.”
 
“So, what are you going to do now then?”
 
“I don’t know sir.”
 
“Do you still love him?” 
 
“Of course I do.  It’s just I don’t know if I can trust him anymore.  I will always love him.”
 
“He didn’t cheat though right? If he didn’t cheat, then I think you can still trust.  I understand what he did was stupid.  He should’ve called you but he didn’t.  He should’ve told about all this.  But I can tell that he can never cheat on you because he loves you way too much.  You guys went through so much.  Are you guys going to let this scandal break you guys apart.”  What Mr. Yang said was true.  Donghae didn’t cheat on me.  He was just being an idiot.  We did go through a lot to get to where we are.  
 
“De sir. What should I do then?”
 
“Do you want to make things up with him?”
 
“De. I do.” He smiled at me and handed me a ticket to Taiwan.
 
“Go over there and spend some time with him.  I’m giving you a two week break.  Go have fun. You’re like a daughter to me and it hurts me to see you in pain.  Go pack your bags.  Your flight leaves in 3 hours.” I walked over to Mr. Yang and hugged him.
 
“Thank you.” I smiled at him.  I went back to the studio room and told the guys what Mr. Yang planned for me.  They were all smiling and wishing me good luck.  Jiyongie offer to take me to the aiport.  I packed two weeks worth of clothes and hurried to the airport.  My flight was about to take off.
 
“Have fun Hyejinnie!” Jiyong told me. “Remember to call us when you get there!”  I waved bye to him and walked inside the terminal.  Donghae-ah, here I come.