Chapter 19

Love You Like a Love Song

 

I just got back from my wonderful date with Donghae.  He is so romantic! Teehee.  I heard my phone ringing and I looked at the screen.  Ri Innie?
 
“Ri Innie?”
 
“H-Hyejin. *sniff sniff*” 
 
“Ri Innie? What’s wrong?! What happened?!”
 
“What do I do?!”
 
“Where are you? I’m coming over right now.”
 
Within twenty minutes, I was in front of Ri In’s dorm.  I ran to her door and knocked.  She opened it.  Oh god.  She looked horrible.  Her eyes were red and her hair was a mess.  I pulled her in a hug.
 
“What’s wrong”
 
“Junsu oppa’s cheating on me.”
 
“What?!” I broke the hug.
 
“De. I just saw it on the news.”
 
“With who?!”
 
“Taeyeon-ssi” What the hell?
 
“How do you know?”
 
“There’s pictures.  They’re both in LA right now for the Korean Music Festival and his arms were around her.  They were shopping together. And they looked all cuddly.  He didn’t even call me once since he went over there.”
 
“Ri Innie. Maybe it’s a misunderstanding.”
 
“Ani. I just wish he would be brave like Donghae and fight for our love.  But he’s too scared. I’m getting tired of this.  No one even knows we’re dating! It’s like he’s embarrassed to be seen with me!  He’s only sweet when it’s just the two of us but when we’re around others he treats me like I don’t even matter.  Even Yunho oppa introduced Seulgi unnie as his girlfriend! They just started dating too! Why can’t Junsu oppa introduce me as his girlfriend. I’m just his friend. I’m sick of it.” Ri In started crying. 
 
She looked so broken.  She was always the one who was cheerful.  Stupid dolphin.  Wait until I get my hands on you.  Ri In showed me the pictures.  I can’t believe it! What’s going on here?!  I heard my phone ring and it was Donghae.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Baby! I got home safely.  I’d thought you would like to hear that.”
 
“Can I call you later? I’m with Ri In right now and she needs me.”
 
“Okay. Bye I love you.”
 
“Bye. Love you too.”
 
“I think we should break up.  It’s obvious that he’s getting bored of this relationship.  I think it’s time for me to move on.”
 
“Don’t do anything that you’ll regret Ri Innie.  Take some time to think things out.”
 
“That’s the thing. I’ve been thinking.  Each time it’s always the same result: break things off and move on.  Maybe I should now.  I don’t want to get hurt anymore.” I just sighed.
 
“If that’s what you want Ri Innie.” I heard her phone ring.  We both looked at the screen.  My Dolphin <3 
 
“Wow. Perfect timing.  Out of all times, he chooses now to call you. Are you going to pick up?”
 
“De.”
 
“Okay. I’m here for you if anything.” she just nodded at me.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Ri Innie?”
 
“De. What’s wrong oppa?”
 
“Did you see the news?”
 
“What news?”
 
“About me and Taeyeon?”
 
“Yeah. So is it true? Are you guys dating?”
 
“Ri Innie! It’s a misunderstanding. I would never ever cheat on you. I love you too much to do that to you. Believe me.”
 
“You’re only talk.  Oppa I’m tired of this.  We’re only boyfriend/girlfriend when it’s just us.  I’m tired of all this.  I don’t think I can do this anymore.”
 
“What are you trying to say?”
 
“Let’s break up oppa. I can’t do this anymore.  It hurts too much.  You act all sweet when it’s just the two of us but when we’re around others I’m just stranger to you.  Like I don’t even matter to you.  You introduce me as your friend! It’s been two years now! Yet we’re not getting anywhere! Yunho oppa even introduced Seulgi unnie as his girlfriend! They’ve been dating for only six months!  Let’s just end it here oppa.”
 
“I-I don’t want to. I can’t let you go.”
 
“You have no choice oppa. I’m ending it here. Don’t try calling me anymore. I need my space. Bye oppa.” Ri In hung up on him before he could even say anything.
 
I went over to her and hugged her.  She started sobbing like crazy.  Her phone starting ringing again.  Junsu tried calling her again.  This time she just ignored it.  Ri in cried for hours and she finally fell asleep.  I tucked in her before I left.
 
Sigh. How am I going to fix this mess? I know that Ri Innie still loves him.  Kim Junsu, you better prove yourself worthy of Ri Innie’s love.  That night I ended up telling Donghae everything.  He told me he was going to help me get those two back together.  But before that, we need to teach that stupid dolphin a lesson.